• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV - WKORVN - Nanea - 15,000SPG points for owners update

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Also, the FLEX program doesn't apply to Nanea, they are still selling deeds. Personally, I would never buy into that FLEX program anyway -- bad deal. We weren't interested in purchasing anything (will have a hard enough time just using our current purchase -- the one bedroom unit here at Nanea. Hawaii is 11 hours away).
Nanea isn't even deeded weeks either. As you found out with your "1BR" purchase. Nanea has its own internal flex program that you bought in to. You buy Home Options. While you bought enough options for a 1BR, other owners that bought enough for a 2BR can book the same 1BR you can. This is the big problem with the flex program inside of Nanea. They should have segregated the 1BR units in to their own program like they did for the ocean front units.

Then after saying "no thanks" again, we got a third fellow on the pretext that he wanted to ask us questions about the agents (a survey). Then he came up with some other pitch out of the blue (honestly by then I just wanted to go to the beach and the 90 minutes were over)... I don't even remember what he proposed. Something about a free week or something.
That last person is just there to sell an Explorer Package. It isn't free, you usually pay a bundle of money and in return you get a certain number of nights to stay at the property again in the future as well as a certain number of SPG points in exchange for them getting another crack at selling to you again.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Totally agree I would not do the presentation for 6,000 points, but would put up with quite a bit of absurdity for 15,000 points. Thanks, @farsighted99. Hope they are still offering 15,000 points next Feb when we are there for a couple of weeks.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
All the WVC pools I have seen have been no deeper than ~4ft.
Sucks. Blame the laws that allow lawyers to sue...
Me? I am pro-Darwin ;)

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Me? I am pro-Darwin ;)

That sucks. We took the free shuttle over to the Sheraton Black Rock one day. They have a better beach, and the main pool is 8ft...
Also went to the Fairmont Kea Lani for a short stay after we left Nanea; they had an adult only pool. Come to think of it, I think the WKORN next door had a deep pool. Too bad.

Xanadu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV x2, WPORV
Just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii -

1st week at WPORV - we did an owner update there and we were given 10,000 points for doing it.
2nd week at WKORV - we got another owner update since we own at both places, and they said that was fine. For this one we got 15,000 points.

All in all 25,000 points in 2 weeks was pretty good for the modest suffering we endured.

They were pushing Nanea of course, but we weren't going to do that, so we pushed the discussion towards existing inventory of WKORV/N. They have a fair inventory at the moment, and are definitely making offers to trade in existing ownerships and buy something else and are making offers for less up-front money than they used to - in some cases.

The weather was great in both places, and if it weren't for the news, we wouldn't know that a Volcano was going off on Kona.

taffy19

Reaction score
Me? I am pro-Darwin ;)
I had no idea that was the reason for it but mainly to save water and energy. I believe that all new pools are not deep today and not even at a private home when you do the pool completely over. I know two friends who have done this. It may be a new law.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
:( they're back to offering 6000 SPG points for the update now at WKORV, too bad, could have used 15000...

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
:( they're back to offering 6000 SPG points for the update now at WKORV, too bad, could have used 15000...
Not to worry, your 6000 points will be tripled to 18000 in just a few short days... :)

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Not to worry, your 6000 points will be tripled to 18000 in just a few short days... :)

And of course when they start offering Marriott points they hope no one will divide the number by 3 to come up with the equivalent SPG Starpoints! ;)

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
And of course when they start offering Marriott points they hope no one will divide the number by 3 to come up with the equivalent SPG Starpoints! ;)
+1, If only they were required to print that at the bottom of every credit card offer page.