• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WM South Pacific adds three properties

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Great for WM SP owners ... or grandfathered WM owners (pre-2006 changes) and TravelShare owners?

Source: https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/construction/

Craving some ocean breeze and sand between your toes? You’re in luck! WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham just added three new tropical retreats:

WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham Bali Hai Villas (Princeville, Hawaii)
In addition to a long list of amenities, the property boasts quick access to Queen’s Bath, Princeville Ranch and Hanalei Bay.

WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham Ka Eo Kai (Princeville, Hawaii)
Overlooking the No. 3 fairway of Makai Golf Club, this resort brings one of Hawaii’s most scenic courses right to your doorstep.

Wyndham Dreamland Resort Bali (Pecatu, Indonesia)
With three pools, a full-service spa and an on-site restaurant at your disposal, you’ll be tempted to stay in Bali forever.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, gee. That's good news for the SP owners, but kind of sucks for the resale buyers, now doesn't it? :D

Dave

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, gee. That's good news for the SP owners, but kind of sucks for the resale buyers, now doesn't it? :D

Dave

Aren’t you a Club Wyndham owner? If so, you already have access to the first two, and are just missing out on access to the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Aren’t you a Club Wyndham owner? If so, you already have access to the first two, and are just missing out on access to the third.

WorldMark resale. My understanding is the only thing SP that I have access to via credits is Fiji. Everything else is cash. Am I mistaken?

Dave

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am a WM resale owner and I can see all the South Pacific resorts including Bali and I can reserve either using points or fax time rate. It takes a lot of points though. For example at Dreamline Bali, it takes 24K for a 1BR grand. Too rich for my blood.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Yeah the point values are pretty high, especially at Dreamline Bali ... where all units lack kitchens. :(

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Marriott would be a much better option for Bali. Someone reported on TUG in the last week or so that it’s available on II.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I am a WM resale owner and I can see all the South Pacific resorts including Bali and I can reserve either using points or fax time rate. It takes a lot of points though. For example at Dreamline Bali, it takes 24K for a 1BR grand. Too rich for my blood.

Yeah the point values are pretty high, especially at Dreamline Bali ... where all units lack kitchens. :(

Nevermind. It's working now. Except I can't see any points values for those resorts. It only get me a cash rental amount.

Dave

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

It can depend on when you acquired your resell WM Points. WM Points acquired from what ever source prior to November 2006 are WM+ Points and have access to all the South Pacific Resorts and Wyndham Pass.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
WorldMark resale. My understanding is the only thing SP that I have access to via credits is Fiji. Everything else is cash. Am I mistaken?

Dave

My bad. I thought you were a user I’ve seen on the Club Wyndham board on TUG.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Actually this may or may not be such a great deal for WM Owners. If you have access to WMSP then you have access to Wyndhm Club Pass. Except for the 2 Bedroom at Bali Hai, the Units at Ka Eo Kai and Bali Hai take more Points through WMSP than through Wyndham Pass. Of course there is the $99 Exchange Fee through Club Pass. But there is the fantastic cancellation policy through Club Pass. Here is a breakdown on 2 bedroom units at Bali Hai (the Point values are WM Points): through WMSP 18,000 Points, through Club Pass 20,000, and through RCI 10,000 Points. The same for Ka Eo Kai: WMSP 19,000, through Club Pass 17,500 Points, and through RCI 10,000 Points. I believe the Booking Window is the same for WM Owners for WMSP and Wyndham Club Pass.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually this may or may not be such a great deal for WM Owners. If you have access to WMSP then you have access to Wyndhm Club Pass. Except for the 2 Bedroom at Bali Hai, the Units at Ka Eo Kai and Bali Hai take more Points through WMSP than through Wyndham Pass. Of course there is the $99 Exchange Fee through Club Pass. But there is the fantastic cancellation policy through Club Pass. Here is a breakdown on 2 bedroom units at Bali Hai (the Point values are WM Points): through WMSP 18,000 Points, through Club Pass 20,000, and through RCI 10,000 Points. The same for Ka Eo Kai: WMSP 19,000, through Club Pass 17,500 Points, and through RCI 10,000 Points. I believe the Booking Window is the same for WM Owners for WMSP and Wyndham Club Pass.
Thanks for running that comparison!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
For those that want SP access these guys redseason.com.au sells WM SP resell accounts. There prices are listed in AUS not USD, but current exchange rates is 1 AUS to .74 USD. So a fully loaded 20K account from them is about $9100 USD with $1050 in MF. http://www.redseason.com.au/worldmark4sale/

You can also find WM SP resort directories here.
http://www.wyndhamap.com/wps/wcm/connect/wyndham/home/worldmarksp/about-us/publications

I would like to go, but not at a point in life yet were I could afford the travel expense yearly to get to these destinations. But always great to dream :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My bad. I thought you were a user I’ve seen on the Club Wyndham board on TUG.

I've posted a fair bit on the WorldMark subforum on Tug, but not on the Club Wyndham board. There are several Daves here, so it likely is one of those others.

Dave

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For those that want SP access these guys redseason.com.au sells WM SP resell accounts. There prices are listed in AUS not USD, but current exchange rates is 1 AUS to .74 USD. So a fully loaded 20K account from them is about $9100 USD with $1050 in MF. http://www.redseason.com.au/worldmark4sale/

You can also find WM SP resort directories here.
http://www.wyndhamap.com/wps/wcm/connect/wyndham/home/worldmarksp/about-us/publications

I would like to go, but not at a point in life yet were I could afford the travel expense yearly to get to these destinations. But always great to dream :thumbup:
My husband and I are thankful that our pre-2006 resale account has access to the SP locations :) We've stayed at Port Stephans, Sydney Suites and walked around Coffs Harbour (while staying at a nearby RCI property). We also cannot budget a yearly visit ... but are enjoying the occasional visit, when we can.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My husband and I are thankful that our pre-2006 resale account has access to the SP locations :) We've stayed at Port Stephans, Sydney Suites and walked around Coffs Harbour (while staying at a nearby RCI property). We also cannot budget a yearly visit ... but are enjoying the occasional visit, when we can.

That's so cool. And kind of misleading of WM for those who own newer accounts. All those locations that don't quite compute.

Dave

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's so cool. And kind of misleading of WM for those who own newer accounts. All those locations that don't quite compute.

Dave

It’s their surreptitious way of getting you to buy credits directly from Wyndham. See how your resale credits don’t get you access to all resorts? Just buy retail and all your problems will be fixed!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rhonda, were some of these stays on bonus time or fax time?
Both Port Stephens (WM, Sept 2002) and Sydney Suites (WM+A, Oct 2016) were using credits.

Edited to add: I don't believe Bonus Time is offered across the two systems?

Edited a 2nd time: Reviewing my WM Reservation History, I also used a 3-night reservation at the Ramada Resort Ballarat (WM+A, Aug 2011) as 'throw-away' nights to meet the 7-night reservation rule for a shorter stay I needed nearby.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It’s their surreptitious way of getting you to buy credits directly from Wyndham. See how your resale credits don’t get you access to all resorts? Just buy retail and all your problems will be fixed!

I do see that. Sneaky buggers. ;)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ok, I wanted to revisit this discussion. I just spent a fair amount of time on the WM website, while also on the phone with a Vacation Guide (or whatever WM calls them.) We tried some different things with my account. I need to know what it is I'm seeing. I'm hoping you more experienced WM folks can help me understand this.

She showed me that if I click the Resort Gallery link on the left side, then clicking any of the map images shows Wyndham locations and others in addition to Worldmark. The trick is not to click the map, but to click the "Choose a location" drop-down at the top of the Resort Gallery page. The only resorts listed there are Worldmark resorts, or WM-compatible resorts. She said if it's listed there, it can be booked with my account. I hadn't seen only the WM locations listed before, which is kind of cool.

Following the above, I see mixed availability with South Pacific locations. I chose Cairns, Australia as a test. I grab seven nights starting 12/1/18. It says I can Book It, but then shows me this screen:

Cairns.png

Here's the question: 6000 credits @ .15 each equals $900.00. So what I'm seeing is this is a straight-up rental? And is it showing me 6000 credits because that's what a SP member would pay? I'm being charged .15 cents a credit as a straight rental, and it's not booking any of my credits in my account? This is the only booking payment option I'm seeing (but I haven't checked them all yet.)

If the above is right, it means that Yes, apparently I can book South Pacific locations. But are they all rentals like this, and not credit bookings?

Dave

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Here's the question: 6000 credits @ .15 each equals $900.00. So what I'm seeing is this is a straight-up rental? And is it showing me 6000 credits because that's what a SP member would pay? I'm being charged .15 cents a credit as a straight rental, and it's not booking any of my credits in my account? This is the only booking payment option I'm seeing (but I haven't checked them all yet.)

If the above is right, it means that Yes, apparently I can book South pacific locations. But are they all rentals like this, and not credit bookings?

Dave

Yes, this is a straight up rental - based on the number of credits that a WM+A or WMTS would be charged. And yes, as a resale owner this is your only way to book affiliate resorts thru WM. No credit bookings allowed.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes, this is a straight up rental - based on the number of credits that a WM+A or WMTS would be charged. And yes, as a resale owner this is your only way to book affiliate resorts thru WM. No credit bookings allowed.

Thanks, Eric. When I posted earlier that I wasn't able to book SP locations, apparently I had gone about it the wrong way. If there is an active booking in process, even uncompleted, it would give me that "Due to unforeseen maintenance" error message. But if booking it right the first time, it wants to work, although it's all rentals.

Dave

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wow. This is not a bad deal but as WM+A member, I could also book as fax time at $0.08 per credit. Don't you see this option?

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agreeing with Eric's comments above.

FWIW, here is what my account shows for the same location/dates as a grandfathered (pre-2006 changes) account. My choices are:
a) use my WM credits
b) use FAX
No other choices offered; no rental offered at $0.15/credit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 9.10.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 9.10.57 PM.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 91