• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark II RCI

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you purchase worldmark resale, can you exchange into both II and RCI?
Thanks in advance for any info!

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a bit confused. I am hearing about Travelshare. Without TravelShare, with RCI and II, do I book a week in worldmark and then deposit the week into RCI/II? With Travelshare would I use points based trades, but only in RCI?

I already have an RCI and an II account. Can I add Worldmark to these accounts? (assuming I don't have Travelshare)

If I have travelshare, how does that work with my current RCI account?

Thanks again for any help!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy from developer, you get travelshare which pays for a free RCI account.

With resale, you can pick whichever one you would like to trade with. You can add Worldmark to a RCI or II account as long as it is not a corporate account, i.e. one paid through your membership dues.

If you want to book Worldmark resorts, you book within the Worldmark system, you do not use RCI or II. I have never used Worldmark points outside of the Worldmark system. They have about 90 locations.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would I be able to add the worldmark account to both my RCI and II accounts?
Thank you again for the responses!!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Would I be able to add the worldmark account to both my RCI and II accounts?
Thank you again for the responses!!
As mentioned above, the answer is "Yes, if your RCI and II accounts are individual accounts." If you receive your RCI or II account through a corporate account, covered through the dues of another timeshare, it is unlikely that the account will support your WM account as an add-on.

As for trading WM through RCI and II, most members use "Confirm First" where they request an exchange before depositing credits with the exchange company. When the exchange is confirmed, your WM account fulfills the exchange using a fixed exchange grid (8k for a red studio, 10k for a red 2BR, etc). This fixed exchange grid allows all exchanges booked "last minute" to be fulfilled at 4k WM credits (a 'blue studio'). "Last minute" is defined as 45-days for RCI and 59-days (?) for II. (Sorry for the question mark ... I'm going by memory.)

Both exchange companies also support "Deposit First" where you tell the WM how many credits you wish to bank with the exchange company. You have no choice over the week booked and deposited on your behalf.

Edited to add link to WM Owner Ed guide with Exchange Grid:
https://worldmarktheclub.com/education/ownermanual.shtml

See topic "RCI Exchange Partnership." The grid is identical between RCI and II except for the duration of the "instant exchange" window.

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can have both.RCI and I linked to one WM account.

The only difference is developer accounts ("travelshare") can book RCI points inventory, and have their RCI dues covered as part of their travelshare dues.

For both RCI and II the standard method is a fixed exchange grid. So a 2 bedroom unit in high season costs 10k WM credits no matter where it is located, through either RCI or II.

For II, you can also deposit a unit if you want. So you could deposit a low season week or smaller unit and try to trade up. The risk there is they don't let you pick the week, and some are duds (Grand Lake Oklahoma in January, for example).

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I couldn't reserve a good week and deposit that week into Interval?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

No. If you want to deposit a week with, II - the WM exchange dept makes the deposit and picks the week. You only get to pick the season and unit size, not the resort.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Buy why do you want to do that? Once you deposit a "week" with II it starts a count-down clock towards expiration of that week. If you had instead used "Confirm First" you could have been searching II's inventory and confirming the reservation based on the fixed exchange grid. Your WM credits (points) would not have been taken from your account until after confirming the exchange.

Some use "deposit first" to attempt bargain hunting. If you had intended to book/deposit a "good week" you are likely better off using "Confirm First."

Both RCI Weeks and II allow WM accounts to search inventory w/out having a deposit in place. Really. It works.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy why do you want to do that? Once you deposit a "week" with II it starts a count-down clock towards expiration of that week. If you had instead used "Confirm First" you could have been searching II's inventory and confirming the reservation based on the fixed exchange grid. Your WM credits (points) would not have been taken from your account until after confirming the exchange.

Some use "deposit first" to attempt bargain hunting. If you had intended to book/deposit a "good week" you are likely better off using "Confirm First."

Both RCI Weeks and II allow WM accounts to search inventory w/out having a deposit in place. Really. It works.

Thank you for the great information! I didn't quite understand how the system worked...

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have heard, and this was maybe two years ago so it may not still be the case, that it is difficult to get RCI to combine Worldmark points with with a regular weeks account. Basically they will try to get you to pay for a separate account. There are many folks that have had a combined account- portal and rci weeks paying only a single RCI membership fee and they continue to have no problem, the problem was with setting up a new combined account. This was never reported as a problem with II, a single individual account (not corporate) could be set up with Worldmark and non Worldmark.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have heard, and this was maybe two years ago so it may not still be the case, that it is difficult to get RCI to combine Worldmark points with with a regular weeks account. Basically they will try to get you to pay for a separate account. There are many folks that have had a combined account- portal and rci weeks paying only a single RCI membership fee and they continue to have no problem, the problem was with setting up a new combined account. This was never reported as a problem with II, a single individual account (not corporate) could be set up with Worldmark and non Worldmark.
Ah, thanks for that info!

FWIW to the OP, my RCI account was established using WM as my first timeshare, way back when. I later added other timeshare to that existing RCI account rather than the other way around.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

The biggest problem I had was getting them to understand what I wanted to do. The immediate response will get is that it can’t be done cause you don’t have Travelshare, that only TS members can use RCI.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This is good advice in general, but given how ePlus retrades work, I would much rather have a deposited week if I was using ePlus with II.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is good advice in general, but given how ePlus retrades work, I would much rather have a deposited week if I was using ePlus with II.
Just wondering, why/how?

I have very little experience with ePlus retrades. I purchased an ePlus retrade right for my last II exchange ... but let it expire unused. That is, I kept and enjoyed the original exchange.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Both my II and RCI accounts have WM but my II account is not linked to WM the way that my RCI account is. My WM account has a link to RCI through the WM site and my II account doesn't. Both accounts have multiple timeshares listed. The II has lapsed a few times for a year or more and last year it was no problem to renew II with all of my timeshares including WM. I haven't let the RCI lapse and likely won't after reading your post.

Bill

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A eplus retrade is essentially a cancellation of the existing reservation and booking a new reservation. The problem is that the credits+hk token for the new reservation are withdrawn before the cancellation credits+hk token are returned. So it can leave you in a negative balance situation and forcing a FAX credit rental on you.

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...m-for-koolina-and-e-plus.269157/#post-2101125

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have a question: my Worldmark RCI account via the portal on WM website has a different account number than my regular RCI account. If I cancel my regular RCI account, do you think my ability of using RCI via WM will still be OK?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a question: my Worldmark RCI account via the portal on WM website has a different account number than my regular RCI account. If I cancel my regular RCI account, do you think my ability of using RCI via WM will still be OK?

Assuming you have a WM Travelshare acct that grants you free access to the RCI corporate acct that Travelshare acct owners use, you certainly can cancel your stand-alone RCI membership. I cannot think of any downside to doing so.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A eplus retrade is essentially a cancellation of the existing reservation and booking a new reservation. The problem is that the credits+hk token for the new reservation are withdrawn before the cancellation credits+hk token are returned. So it can leave you in a negative balance situation and forcing a FAX credit rental on you.

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...m-for-koolina-and-e-plus.269157/#post-2101125
Interesting -- THANK YOU. I had figured the cancelled reservation would have resulted in a "supersized accommodations cert" that was somehow equivalent to the number of credits surrendered for the original exchange. I guess that would have been too easy? To roundtrip the credits back to/through your WM account seems like crazy overkill. {wow, who'da thunk?}

Thanks for explaining the limitation.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting -- THANK YOU. I had figured the cancelled reservation would have resulted in a "supersized accommodations cert" that was somehow equivalent to the number of credits surrendered for the original exchange. I guess that would have been too easy? To roundtrip the credits back to/through your WM account seems like crazy overkill. {wow, who'da thunk?}

Thanks for explaining the limitation.

Yeah, it is some craziness how they process it. You would like they would just bill or credit the difference.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Assuming you have a WM Travelshare acct that grants you free access to the RCI corporate acct that Travelshare acct owners use, you certainly can cancel your stand-alone RCI membership. I cannot think of any downside to doing so.
Actually, I do not have WM Travelshare but I have been a WM owner since 1998 and have had this WM related RCI account for about the same time. I am thinking about not renewing my regular RCI account when it expires in 2020, just not sure if the WM RCI account will be canceled as well. As far as I remember, when I first requested to trade WM in RCI, WM asked me to provide with my regular RCI membership account #s...

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you sure you have two accts? I understand you are paying for RCI, but how does that mean you have a separate RCI acct?

Free RCI access is normally a benefit reserved for Travelshare members - via the corporate RCI acct. I have heard reports that it has continued for some people - perhaps because of something coded into their acct. If you lose all RCI access after you cancel, then you can add RCI back, but it would be an RCI Weeks account - where the corporate acct is a RCI Points acct that allows nightly stays. That is the only thing at risk if you cancel - that you lose access to nightly stays.