• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Olympic Village Inn California [important info for owners]

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS to the four(4) www.SaveOVI.org candidates for the board, Robert Bone, Greg Rankin, Julie Feldman, and Sandra Farrow by EARNING/winning seats on the Olympic Village Inn Board of Directors by a landslide.

https://saveovi.org/meet-our-candidates/

For other timeshare owners, who own at resorts with defective boards, or boards that are undergoing an attempted takeover by Wyndham, Diamond, Westgate, or the like, you now have two grassroots organizations of timeshare owners, who saved their timeshare resorts from RUIN. Look carefully at the work of Robert Bone, et al, at Olympic Village Inn, and Jake Bercu, et al at Tahoe Beach and Ski Club.

I suspect that Timesharing Today and Redweek.com will cover these major achievements by groups of timeshare owners, who attempted to regain control of their resorts from the devil. Watch these sources for information about these two great learning opportunities for timeshare owners.

Last edited:

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS to the four(4) www.SaveOVI.org candidates for the board, Robert Bone, Greg Rankin, Julie Feldman, and Sandra Farrow by EARNING/winning seats on the Olympic Village Inn Board of Directors by a landslide.

Congratulations. It's impressive you were able to pull that off on short notice and it seems like it was executed perfectly. You've got to get control of that board early because once Wyndham (or any other developer) gets control, you have next to no chance of regaining control.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder whether it will make any difference who sits on the board, Wyndham and Worldmark own what they own
and assuming Worldmark members like the place there will be Worldmark owners staying here

Get over it

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone brought this thread to my attention today, congrats to those owners who won spots on the board!

I wish I would have seen this before, ill be sure to include it in next weeks newsletter!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I still do not understand why this whole discussion is on the WM Page. WYN only bought a small % of the weeks available and dumped them into the WM System/Inventory. WM did not request this acquisition or have any thing to do with the acquisition. This thread was started by WM Owners questioning whether this was or was not a good thing. This whole other discussion should be under Western US or Others as OVI is a small independent timeshare. There was a thread started under Western US about the OVI HOA. If I remember correctly in OVI's Contract WYN was limited to nominating (not elect or guaranteed BOD Position) 1 position and there were restrictions in the person nominated. So with these limitations and the few votes available to WIN there was little chance WYN could take over the OVI BOD.

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still do not understand why this whole discussion is on the WM Page. WYN only bought a small % of the weeks available and dumped them into the WM System/Inventory. WM did not request this acquisition or have any thing to do with the acquisition. This thread was started by WM Owners questioning whether this was or was not a good thing. This whole other discussion should be under Western US or Others as OVI is a small independent timeshare. There was a thread started under Western US about the OVI HOA. If I remember correctly in OVI's Contract WYN was limited to nominating (not elect or guaranteed BOD Position) 1 position and there were restrictions in the person nominated. So with these limitations and the few votes available to WIN there was little chance WYN could take over the OVI BOD.

I started a thread in the Western States Forum a few days ago.

Hopefully, the work of the www.saveovi.org principals will paralyze Wyndham's ability to destroy the once coveted Olympic Village Inn.

I trust Brian Rogers will follow the Western States Forum post with his lead article.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly in OVI's Contract WYN was limited to nominating (not elect or guaranteed BOD Position) 1 position and there were restrictions in the person nominated. So with these limitations and the few votes available to WIN there was little chance WYN could take over the OVI BOD.
The over-the-top intrusion into this thread was just a tempest in a teapot. Much like the political environment in WorldMark in general.

How will the title to the newsletter article read? "Owners Control 90% of the Vote and They Win"

Imagine that.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im not sure why there is so much argument about where the thread is located.

as mentioned above, it was started by a worldmark owner who wanted to know information about this resort being added to WMs portfolio. can someone explain how that is a problem as I dont see it?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
im not sure why there is so much argument about where the thread is located.

as mentioned above, it was started by a worldmark owner who wanted to know information about this resort being added to WMs portfolio. can someone explain how that is a problem as I dont see it?

It is not where the thread is located that is the problem. WorldMark owners have no involvement with the election at Olympic Village Inn. The problem is post #19 that the author should have posted to the existing OVI thread in the Western States Timesharing forum.

It is the same as with any thread that is hijacked; it can kill the original discussion, which is largely what happened to this thread when a discussion of some new WorldMark units at OVI devolved into the politics at OVI.

Maybe this thread can get back to what is relevant for WorldMark owners now that the OVI election is over.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Since the OVI election does have an impact on the WM inventory at OVI (i.e. Transfer agreement being placed on hold), I find the discussion germane to my interest as a WM owner. Often knowing the historical background is helpful to understanding whatever policies might arise from the OVI BoD's desire to keep Wyndham at bay.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
I strongly doubt that the current OVI BOD can change anything as far as the Units/Weeks WYN has already paid for and renovated or started renovating. This is assuming the OVI HOA has the cash assets to fully reimburse WYN for all of WYN's expenditures. Now the OVI HOA BOD might want to suspend/renegotiate future preformance. But it would be fine with me if OVI was dropped from the WM Inventory and transferred to the WYN Inventory. That way all the Legal Expenses in fighting the OVI HOA BOD would be WYN Expenses.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
As the person who started this thread, I am curious how the title got changed. I know I did not include anything like "important info for owners".

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
As the person who started this thread, I am curious how the title got changed. I know I did not include anything like "important info for owners".
I think two or more separate threads were merged together?? Maybe?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Moderators do change titles to drawn attention to threads. That is what happened here.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen any number of threads hijacked, but this is the first takeover I have witnessed.

I am sorry to see what happened to your thread; it started out so well.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did not make the original change, but that is a good suggestion. Done.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
This Resort is not listed in the Worldmark Inventory. I wonder what Wyndham did with the Inventory they purchased?

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
This Resort is not listed in the Worldmark Inventory. I wonder what Wyndham did with the Inventory they purchased?

Wyndham owns it - not WM. Although Wyndham may have plans to make it a WM resort it is currently a "proposed future resort". It doesn't go into WM inventory until Wyndham puts it there which they have not done yet and may never do.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Wyndham owns it - not WM. Although Wyndham may have plans to make it a WM resort it is currently a "proposed future resort". It doesn't go into WM inventory until Wyndham puts it there which they have not done yet and may never do.

A year ago before all the blowup with the current Membes of OVI and the BOD Elections the Worldmark Home Page was advertising it as a new Resort in Worldmark that would soon be available. But now all mention of OVI has disappeared from the Worldmark Home Page. I would be very happy if it never showed up in the Worldmark Inventory.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham has been renting inventory they obtained on ExtraHolidays and presumably RCI. The dustup with the current BoD at OVI has certainly resulted in Wyndham pumping the brakes on their plans. It is no longer on the list of future resorts in the most recent Quarterly Mgt report (Scottsdale, Portland, St George expansion, and Moab).

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Wyndham has been renting inventory they obtained on ExtraHolidays and presumably RCI. The dustup with the current BoD at OVI has certainly resulted in Wyndham pumping the brakes on their plans. It is no longer on the list of future resorts in the most recent Quarterly Mgt report (Scottsdale, Portland, St George expansion, and Moab).

Good.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not good. Every quality ski resort addition is a good thing for the Worldmark Club. If this does not happen, this is a negative outcome for the members of the club. I expect that once the cost of foreclosures of the mud weeks in the spring and fall starts weighing on the board and all the weeks owners, they will reconsider the value of Wyndhams assistance

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not good. Every quality ski resort addition is a good thing for the Worldmark Club. If this does not happen, this is a negative outcome for the members of the club. I expect that once the cost of foreclosures of the mud weeks in the spring and fall starts weighing on the board and all the weeks owners, they will reconsider the value of Wyndhams assistance

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

My thoughts run in the same direction. Reading the agreement the BoD had with Wyndham, the HOA was actually afforded a number of protections against the hot button issues that most people hate about WM (i.e. sales, stuffing the BoD, etc).

And new BoD is still faced with the same issues (owner attrition, non-performing owners, etc) that caused the old BoD to bring Wyndham into the picture in the first place. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.