TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

"Wyndham Cares?"

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by Iggyearl, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Iggyearl

Iggyearl TUG Member

I just read the investor conference call transcript for WYN.. Steve Holmes mentioned that they are still dealing with the interference from 3rd parties who are in the timeshare exit business. One of the defenses to this attack has been to establish the "Wyndham Cares" website, where owners can call in if they no longer wish to keep their timeshare. This is NOT Ovation. The timeshare does not have to be paid in full to get help or advice.

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/owner-101/wyndham-cares.page

I don't know if this site could help anybody in distress, but it seems to be a major change in Wyndham's attitude on ownership. I give them credit for that.:clap:

2. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    Let's see how Wyndham is helping the owner:

Distress ownership and getting it back without paying for a lawyer to foreclose on it. Wyndham WINS.
    Getting back points FASTER to resell again to a new smuck. Wyndham WINS.
    Getting less bad press on suing a family due to lost of job or a life changing disablilty. Wyndham WINS.

Wyndham should just set up a program where 'an owner' just RENTS an amount yearly of timeshare points for 5 years .. paying the MFs per the club. And after the initial 5 years, they can RENEW the agreement for 3 year for FREE ... paying the same ratio of MFs to points held ..... everyone wins.

It would be a club membership ... but with a finite time limit AND suit the needs of most families.

Iggyearl likes this.
  3. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

I also assume the Wyndham cares program is designed to limit the amount of supply heading into the resale market instead of being resold as developers, as eluded to in the first reply. Probably part of the reason supply seems to be slowing down on tug and eBay.

4. dumbasswhoboughtwyndham

dumbasswhoboughtwyndham Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark by Wyndham
    I'm in the process of using Wyndham Cares due to financial hardship .. IE loss of income. So far I've been transferred to the financial division, and I'm waiting for the "next" available service rep. Stay posted...

5. dumbasswhoboughtwyndham

dumbasswhoboughtwyndham Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark by Wyndham
    First was transferred to incorrect section then disconnected once I was transferred... This is gonna be fun. AAAAAAAAAAAANd I'll get a call within 45 days.... Joy