• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hawaiian Kona Resort

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We will be staying at the Wyndham Hawaiian Kona Resort starting on December 7th on an RCI exchange. The RCI website said something about making special arrangements if arriving after 5 PM which we will be since we are coming from NY. I would assume that the resort doesn't have a 24 hours front desk. Does anybody have any information or thoughts to share about this resort. We have been to the Island of Hawaii a couple of times before but have always stayed at a Hilton in Waikoloa.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
We will be staying at the Wyndham Hawaiian Kona Resort starting on December 7th on an RCI exchange. The RCI website said something about making special arrangements if arriving after 5 PM which we will be since we are coming from NY. I would assume that the resort doesn't have a 24 hours front desk. Does anybody have any information or thoughts to share about this resort. We have been to the Island of Hawaii a couple of times before but have always stayed at a Hilton in Waikoloa.

The KHR does have a 24 hr. desk. It's our fav spot to stay on the B.I. Nice 2BR units & wonderful staff. Call the FD if you have any questions.

randyz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also believe the KHR desk is open 24hr (although I have not been there past midnight).

Excellent resort, I have stayed 6 or so times. The resort and Kailua-Kona will have a very different feeling (and lower prices) than Hilton Waikoloa. The resort is very peaceful, the pool area always relaxed when we have been there. Lots of bbq access. The rooms themselves are very spacious, and we have had meals for up to 6 on the lanai which are excellent.

Town centre/Bay front is walkable and an easy drive. If you want high end food with a stupendous view, Sam Choy's is at the end of Alii drive south of the town. Excellent breakfast/brunch at Lava Java in town on the bay. You can also drive south to Captain Cook about 20 minutes for an awesome view with lunch or dinner. Can't remember the name of the restaurant right now.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at KHR last week. Our new favorite coffee spot is Kona Coffee & Tea at 74-5588 Palani Rd.
All of their coffee is 100% Kona. Try the cold brew - they have an elaborate overnight brewing process.

And the cinnamon monkey bread from Sundog Bread across the street is to die for. (It's literally a small window
into the bakery inside the Kona Butcher Shop space.)

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek