• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hotel Timeshares Groups Seperating

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Avisio - can you give me some insight on what your process is when you call Wyndham? Before this post I always assumed you had a solid contact at Wyndham that had more insight than the rank and file level employees.

I have to imagine that on issues like this that are "off-script" calling into Owner Care would result in a range of answers - some of which might be "how can I answer this and get them off the phone". How do you separate the "wheat from the chaff" so to speak?

Eric

This guy has no better different contact at Wyndham than you or I have. Ie it’s the next “up” in the call center. And the folks he talks to are no better informed than any other call center employee

Avislo does not separate the wheat from the chaff he reports back here whatever he’s told

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here’s what the ceo of wyndhams vacation ownership division had to say about the “blue thread” in the 1st quarter earnings call this past week

“blue thread, which is the term we use to describe how we derive value from our business relationships and cross-marketing with our Wyndham businesses.

We continue to see tremendous momentum on blue thread initiatives. Packaged sales through call transfer increased 48% year-over-year in quarter one. Bookings through cross-selling initiatives surpassed the whole of 2017 within the first four months of this year and VOI sales to Wyndham affiliated customers grew 60% albeit off a low base”

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, there is the "Wyndham affiliated customers" showing up again same for the term blue thread initiative and the Wyndham affiliated customers are being tracked and the stat reported in a quarterly earnings call.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, there is the "Wyndham affiliated customers" showing up again same for the term blue thread initiative and the Wyndham affiliated customers are being tracked and the stat reported in a quarterly earnings call.

Don’t make this more complicated than it is This is simply cross selling. Wyndham is selling timeshares to their hotel customers

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, if you are right in what you posted in post number 16 above, the reduction of reservations available by timeshareowners.

"Loyalty programs are marketing gimmicks designed to lock you in as a customer. And from what I understand Wyndham Hotel Group is really good at that. Now by making it possible for a regular hotel customer to redeem their loyalty points at a timeshare Wyndham will expose a whole new group of potential buyers to timeshares.

Bottom line, wyndham will sell timeshares to their regular hotel guests and availability for reservations by the timeshare owners will be reduced"

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now by making it possible for a regular hotel customer to redeem their loyalty points at a timeshare Wyndham will expose a whole new group of potential buyers to timeshares.
This is not new!! It’s been that way. I could use my Wyndham Barclays card FOR HOTEL OR TIMESHARE stays before the announced split.
Blue Thread is not new either!!

The announced split isn’t changing anything in regards to using your timeshare ownership and using the CC rewards points!!

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Avisio - can you give me some insight on what your process is when you call Wyndham? Before this post I always assumed you had a solid contact at Wyndham that had more insight than the rank and file level employees.

I have to imagine that on issues like this that are "off-script" calling into Owner Care would result in a range of answers - some of which might be "how can I answer this and get them off the phone". How do you separate the "wheat from the chaff" so to speak?

Thanks for looking into this Eric. Most of the time I'm able to ignore such posts. However, the inference of "inside information" causes some readers to be misled by his errant or unverifiable posts. And then I feel impelled to post a retort.

And am I the only Wyndham owner who would prefer that our VCs be available to answer legitimate reservation concerns or needs, not listening to someone trying to get a quote for a rumor-laden post?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Avislo conveniently didn’t respond or answer Eric’s direct questions.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Avisio responded to me privately as his/her prerogative.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/consumer/terms.action

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards/knights-inn-wr-update

Knights Inn apparently is leaving Wyndham rewards during May 2018.

Nice Hotel Chain. Sorry to see them go.

Going Going Sold.

Feel sorry for the Wyndham People who book before the cut-off dates at Knights Inn for stays after the cut-off dates. They only thought they were going to get Wyndham Rewards Points for their stay(s).

If you are going to report the news why not include it all. Wyndham let knights inn go, but they also bought LaQuinta

All part of their plan to move onto the upper- mid level market. LaQuinta customers probably have more money with which to buy Timeshares

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
...Bottom line, wyndhan will sell timeshares to their regular hotel guests and availability for reservations by the timeshare owners will be reduced

Agreed. As a Wyndham (wholesale) owner and DRI owner (weak moment in time), I am already seeing availability to book as a timeshare owner decrease. For example, twice in the past few months I wanted to make 2 different reservations at DRI resorts at Tahoe and Orlando. Both reservations were not available for the days and length of stay that I wanted. Yet I was able to get the reservation by booking through Expedia. Both times, the Expedia rate was similar to what I would have paid in corresponding maintenance fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the article about the deal for La Quinta (Spanish for: "Across the street from the Shoney's") ;)

"our best-in-class technology, digital....platforms...," Wyndham Worldwide Chairman and CEO Stephen P. Holmes said in a statement.

Suuuuure, Mr. Holmes. Do you really believe that, or is it just what you tell investors? Or maybe you think you have it now that you've purchased the tech arm of DAE?

Self-delusion is never a good sign in a CEO, so I hope this is just investor spin and that he's not drinking his own Kool-Aid.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[Mod Note: Posts related to sale of individual hotel locations are a little too far off-topic. Those posts have been removed. Please limit posts to news related to the seperation.]

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Wyndham Club Plus/Access rep indicated yesterday that some changes will be coming in the couple of months after the spin off.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Wyndham Club Plus/Access rep indicated yesterday that some changes will be coming in the couple of months after the spin off.

Robert, why would a rep with confidential information share it with a random caller? And why would that rep be working on Sunday? Wouldn’t that rep be too high up corporate ladder to work on the weekends?

Can you share the answers with all of us here to the questions asked earlier:

Can you give me some insight on what your process is when you call Wyndham? Before this post I always assumed you had a solid contact at Wyndham that had more insight than the rank and file level employees.

———————

Is this post “chaff”?

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Meet the new Wyndham Destinations and Wyndham Hotels http://investor.wyndhamworldwide.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=200690&p=irol-calendar

Wyndham Worldwide 2018 Investor Meeting
May 16, 2018 9:00 a.m. ET
Description
Wyndham Worldwide 2018 Investor Meeting to Introduce Wyndham Hotels and Wyndham Destinations
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Welcome and Introductions
Stephen Holmes
Chairman and CEO, Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Geoffrey Ballotti, President & CEO, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
David Wyshner, CFO, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Wyndham Destinations
Michael Brown, President & CEO, Wyndham Destinations
Michael Hug, EVP & CFO, Wyndham Destinations

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Meet the new Wyndham Destinations and Wyndham Hotels

Now that it's over the "replay" is supposedly available, but instead it's
just 15 minutes of elevator music. Since the earnings conference call
recording *is* available, I suspect it's just a question of editing and/or
uploading before the recording of the session just completed is there.

Here's a link to a page showing both "replays":

http://investor.wyndhamworldwide.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=200690&p=irol-calendar

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per the call center, Wyndham executives will be telling them what is going on with the splinting of the companies next Wen.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Does the splitting of the divisions make any difference to us as owners? If it does how will this impact us? Or is this just a topic of interest as some of the Wyndham timeshare owners also own Wyndham stock? Nothing wrong with that btw.