• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hotel Timeshares Groups Seperating

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the splitting of the divisions make any difference to us as owners? If it does how will this impact us? Or is this just a topic of interest as some of the Wyndham timeshare owners also own Wyndham stock? Nothing wrong with that btw.

No impact on owners except the speculation that Wyndham will use some unsold inventory to entice hotel guests to buy Timeshares

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the assessment from a former stock broker and a person that knows a lot about timeshares. I do not know why his assessment changed (see post 16 above). Another person that knows a thing or two about Wyndham timeshares, in another thread, talked about a new feature. He then indicted that it went away. Time will tell what difference it makes to existing timeshare owners. As far as investors/owners are interested in this topic, judging from the number of views on this thread, I suspect it is of interest to more than just this group.

"Loyalty programs are marketing gimmicks designed to lock you in as a customer. And from what I understand Wyndham Hotel Group is really good at that. Now by making it possible for a regular hotel customer to redeem their loyalty points at a timeshare Wyndham will expose a whole new group of potential buyers to timeshares.

Bottom line, wyndhan will sell timeshares to their regular hotel guests and availability for reservations by the timeshare owners will be reduced". Quote from Ron Parise.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the issue of owner/investor came up, The following showed up from nasdaq.com It appears the spin-off of the hotel group to shareholders for NASDAC purposes has been delayed.

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/wh.wi

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (WH.WI) Quote & Summary Data
WH.WI
$0
unch
N/A

*Delayed - data as of May 18, 2018 - Find a broker to begin trading WH.WI now
Exchange:NYSE

Community Rating: rate it now

Edit Symbol List
Symbol Lookup

Symbol List Views
FlashQuotes InfoQuotes
Stock Details
Summary Quote Real-Time Quote After Hours Quote Pre-market Quote Historical Quote Option Chain
CHARTS
Basic Chart Interactive Chart
COMPANY NEWS
Company Headlines Press Releases Market Stream
STOCK ANALYSIS
Analyst Research Guru Analysis Stock Report Competitors Stock Consultant Stock Comparison
FUNDAMENTALS
Call Transcripts Annual Report Income Statement Revenue/EPS SEC Filings Short Interest Dividend History
HOLDINGS
Ownership Summary Institutional Holdings Insiders
(SEC Form 4)

Save Stocks

Key Stock Data
1 Year Target

Today's High / Low
N/A / N/A
Share Volume
50 Day Avg. Daily Volume
N/A
Previous Close
N/A
52 Week High / Low
N/A / N/A

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the assessment from a former stock broker and a person that knows a lot about timeshares. I do not know why his assessment changed (see post 16 above). Another person that knows a thing or two about Wyndham timeshares, in another thread, talked about a new feature. He then indicted that it went away. Time will tell what difference it makes to existing timeshare owners. As far as investors/owners are interested in this topic, judging from the number of views on this thread, I suspect it is of interest to more than just this group.

"Loyalty programs are marketing gimmicks designed to lock you in as a customer. And from what I understand Wyndham Hotel Group is really good at that. Now by making it possible for a regular hotel customer to redeem their loyalty points at a timeshare Wyndham will expose a whole new group of potential buyers to timeshares.

Bottom line, wyndhan will sell timeshares to their regular hotel guests and availability for reservations by the timeshare owners will be reduced". Quote from Ron Parise.

Yep I’ve said the same thing twice now

No effect on timeshare owners

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently, Wyndham Rewards (Blue Thread) joint marketing effort between Wyndham Hotels and Wyndham Destinations has caught up to Wyndham National Harbor, the gift for attending the meeting includes a free week vacation and 1,000 Wyndham Rewards Points. Interesting enough, the cable in the room has a short plug for Wyndham Hotels but not for Wyndham Destinations.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
The gift for attending MOST sales breakfast is 15K (or more) Wyndham Reward points and it has been for a while. I'm at National Harbor right now and the option was ONLY 10K Wyndham reward points OR free parking plus 1,000 reward points. Although I'm only here for two nights, I went for the parking. It went up to $20 per night.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
15 thousand Wyndham Rewards points must be a popular marketing offer. In addition to the above, a Wyndham Employee at National Harbor indicated they gave 15 thousand Wyndham Rewards points to employees.

It will be interesting to see what impact on Club Wyndham Plus availability will be with what appears to be a shifting from cash payment to Wyndham Rewards points.

Last edited:

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
15K Reward points is what you need for 1 night in any Wyndham family hotel. Or per bedroom in a resort (if available). I think that my offer was lower because I am only staying 2 nights and I didn't push it. I was more interested in the parking. I have over 100,000 Wynham reward points sitting in my account waiting for when I go someplace expensive. :)

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the following article, all programs and policies of what is becoming the former Wyndham Vacation Ownership will be reviewed. Look forward to seeing what this review will bring as June 1, 2018 comes and goes and on into the near term future.

"The short-term answer is pretty easy: nothing should change right away. Beyond that, all programs and policies will be reviewed by Michael Brown, the brand new CEO of Wyndham Vacation Ownership and former Hilton COO who helped engineer Hilton's recent spinoff from the parent company."

https://www.redweek.com/resources/ask-redweek/wyndham-spins-off-timeshare

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the following article, all programs and policies of what is becoming the former Wyndham Vacation Ownership will be reviewed. Look forward to seeing what this review will bring as June 1, 2018 comes and goes and on into the near term future.

"The short-term answer is pretty easy: nothing should change right away. Beyond that, all programs and policies will be reviewed by Michael Brown, the brand new CEO of Wyndham Vacation Ownership and former Hilton COO who helped engineer Hilton's recent spinoff from the parent company."

https://www.redweek.com/resources/ask-redweek/wyndham-spins-off-timeshare

It’s important to note that all policies of the club are reviewed all the time and have been since the the first Fairfield resort was opened. So as we have been saying here.

The spinoff has no impact on timeshare owners

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether or not all policies of the club are reviewed all the time is not the same as a new CEO trying to maximize shareholder value doing a personal review of them. One change I ran into today is that even though all but under 100,000 of my developer creditable points are Club Wyndham Plus, my early reservation rights are now limited to Club Wyndham Access Resorts. Not allowed this former right at non-club Access Resorts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether or not all policies of the club are reviewed all the time is not the same as a new CEO trying to maximize shareholder value doing a personal review of them. One change I ran into today is that even though all but under 100,000 of my developer creditable points are Club Wyndham Plus, my early reservation rights are now limited to Club Wyndham Access Resorts. Not allowed this former right at non-club Access Resorts.

The Franz Hanning was responsible for managing the the timeshare division so as to add shareholder value too

its sales that push shareholder value and its the sales practices that the new ceo will be looking at. Its the blue thread that he will be pulling selling timeshares to hotel customers. If ie makes that work he will earn his bonus.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not doubt your observation that Wyndham Destinations will be pulling timeshares for the Hotel Group customers to try and get sales for them and for use related to the blue thread (I believe part of the new company).

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Whether or not all policies of the club are reviewed all the time is not the same as a new CEO trying to maximize shareholder value doing a personal review of them. <snip>

That's what corporate executives are supposed to do -- maximize shareholder value. If they don't do that, they should get their a$$es fired.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently the rewards programs are remaining as different groups at least for awhile. They can get use through a 1 for 1 point exchange by going through some clicks to get this option to work. This came up about four hours ago.

http://www.omaha.com/money/consumer...cle_c24508d0-0cb9-50b2-9af8-4f956a8145b2.html

To take advantage of point transfer and status match, members of both

programs should first visit www.wyndhamrewards.com/LQ. Wyndham Rewards

Gold members may match to La Quinta Returns Gold status, while Wyndham

Rewards Platinum and Diamond members may match to La Quinta Returns

Elite status. Similarly, La Quinta Returns Gold and Military Rewards

Gold members may match to Wyndham Rewards Gold status, while La Quinta

Returns Elite and Military Rewards Elite members may match to Wyndham

Rewards Platinum status.

UPDATE: Tried to go through the process and could not get it to work for me. I am Wyndham Rewards Blue. Called Wyndham Rewards - Wyndham Rewards Blue is not eligible for this program. Bottom line appears to be a whole lot of La Quinta Rewards program members have access to Wyndham Club Plus/Access Resorts through Wyndham Rewards (aka Blue Tread) while I do not have a corresponding access to the La Quinta Rewards program.

Last edited: