• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Inn on The Harbor ebay

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
I was wondering if the Inn on The Harbor has had a recent assessment or drastic MF increase lately.

I have notice 3 ebay sales in the last week. All 3 are fixed summer weeks. The first one sold for $35 and no closing costs. The two fixed weeks posted now have Closing costs but if bid is low it could be worthwhile.

I frequent Newport several times of the year and overall, I have felt that the Inn on The Harbor has more good than bad. Good: Location (on Thames St), View, Staff, Roofdeck, and Bar/Restaurant. Bad: No pool, Rooms (Odd layout, pipes showing). With my overall experience and the recent remodeling of the rooms, The Inn on The Harbor is a great resort. Just curious if there was a reason for the recent posting or is it just the time of the year to get rid of the property before 2019 MF is due.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
No balconies, nothing bigger than 1BR, mini-kitchens, entry door opens to the bedroom (if the floor plans are accurate).

Considering what's available on Thames St., I wouldn't place a lot of value on a bar/restaurant in the resort.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consecutive weeks and the same ebay seller, probably the same owner got hoodwinked into paying to unload.
Fixed week owner might not have known about Ovation.

We live about 70 miles from Newport. We have gone there for 1-3 days at a time, but I can't imagine us going there for a week each year.

Also, mf on the high side for what you get.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We live about 70 miles from Newport. We have gone there for 1-3 days at a time, but I can't imagine us going there for a week each year.

We usually go for a couple of weeks each year. I guess it depends on what you like to do :)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'd opt for Onshore before Inn on the Harbor, if I had a choice. But, that's not what the OP was about.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's because we live in a shore town, where we walk to the beach almost every day, that a week in Newport would be too much.

I agree that Onshore is the best Wyndham there.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Just curious if there was a reason for the recent posting or is it just the time of the year to get rid of the property before 2019 MF is due.

The others make accurate point, but it is that time of year. Within the next couple of weeks, the market will start to get flooded with timeshares. Maybe fewer then in the past because of ovations, but there will be plenty of deals.

Before you buy, call the resort and see if there is a proposed budget for next year so you can find out if there will be any special assessments and what the new fees will be.

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
I agree with the posting that this resort has many downfalls, one of the biggest for all Newport locations is the MF. I travel there 5-6 times a year to visit my daughter. I love it up there but most definitely do not like the summertime. Fall and early spring are my favorites. I was curious about why 3 popped up on ebay wwith a weeks time. Usually, summer weeks in Newport don't show up that often. I personally use my points from other locations to travel off season up in Newport-it's more economical. But I suppose if someone was interested in summer in newport, this could be worthwhile.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what you are describing, you would have to like it a lot or, like you, just use other points you own to get in their at the 10 month point, if available. Or rent in that area.