TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham is being sued for fraud and elder abuse

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by simpsontruckdriver, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. simpsontruckdriver

simpsontruckdriver Guest

2. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Prediction: The case will not go to trial. Wyndham will settle and the terms of the settlement will not be disclosed.

ecwinch likes this.
  3. md8287

md8287 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, HGVC, Harborside Atlantis, Westin Lagunamar & Kaanapali
    And the lawyers will make money while the “victims” will still lose money on their timeshare purchase - just not as much.

ecwinch likes this.
  4. Braindead

Braindead TUG Member

Isn’t this the same case as a year or so ago ? Maybe they have refused to settle out of court.
    I’m sure its the same attorneys

5. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Holly Tree,Calini Beach, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, Pines,
    Fishermen's Village
    I’m surprised that it has taken this long for Wyndam to get sued.
    This is why we don’t go to timeshare presentations anymore. It’s true they target the elderly because many are easily manipulated into buying things they don’t need.
    I hope this results in less people being taken advantage of by Wyndam or any other timeshare corporation.
    Silentg

6. ilya

ilya TUG Member

If it is, they added a few complaints such as controlling and manipulating inventory.. They will win. Tennessee is very strict when it comes to timeshares..

7. BillyBob444

BillyBob444 Guest

YOU only let yourself be manipulated. Practice to say the word NO over and over

8. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

That's the thing with class actions. The real plaintiffs are the attorneys. The law firm gets money, the named plaintiffs get coupons.

9. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    Right, because no person has ever been taken advantage of. Just too stupid to simply say no. Certainly not the elderly.

needhelp and wjappraise like this.
  10. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

It’s not that easy for middle aged people to say no at these things (hence there being a huge market for these presentations) let alone a 80 year old that has no one and puts their trust in you. Maybe the corporations should stop praying on a vulnerable segment of society that we all (hopefully) reach one day.

Too bad though, like it was pointed out, that the only people that make our are plaintiff attorney and maybe the lead plaintiffs.

11. Braindead

Braindead TUG Member

I had to go back to page 35 of the Wyndham threads to find it. Tennessee lawsuit- TUGBRIAN started the thread June 1, 2017
    Same attorneys stated at that time they had over 285 clients. Now it’s over 500 so it has grown.

One side or the other have refused to settle so far

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  12. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

certainly love for an outcome of these to actually result in positive change for owners....

however if history tells us anything...even settlements result in the lawyers on both sides getting rich....owners getting next to nothing (plus the added benefit of the cost of the settlement being likely passed on to the owners in one way or another)...and no real change to rectify the actual problem.

ecwinch likes this.
  13. DeeDibble

DeeDibble TUG Member

I’d not be so quick to being so judgmental. I have seen elderly persons sitting in these presentations that clearly should not be making these kind of decisions! I hope to holy hell before I start losing it my kids take control and I don’t get manipulated. I have a pretty good grasp on every program they have to offer and when I try to explain it to people their eyes just glaze over.

Nomad34 likes this.
  14. DeeDibble

DeeDibble TUG Member

15. Nomad34

Nomad34 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge

16. needhelp

needhelp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Avenue Plaza week
    Wyndham Points
    I'm sure some of the complainants did say no several times(starting with the parking pass desk). Then after several hours; they just wanted to go home.

Nomad34 likes this.
  17. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I hope these elderly couples win this lawsuit and maybe, maybe this will cause major changes across the timeshare developer industries.

18. BillyBob444

BillyBob444 Guest

I must have sat thru 30 to 40 sales talks and only said yes when I wanted to after they gave me something I wanted to. I had a resale property that dales kept telling there is no way that that can be converted. Last year all of a sudden it could be converted because they right person did the asking. Last year I took a 2 week trip in Cali and Nevada and stayed in 5 Wyndham properties. Attended a sales presentation at every property and the total came out to 625 dollars and cost me about 6 hours of time just saying NO. easy peasie money.

19. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

How could you endure 30 plus ts presentation. You are a man BillyBob444.

20. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Stuff like this needs to be dealt with in the criminal system. Jail is what is needed, not settlements.

21. BillyBob444

BillyBob444 Guest

I just look at the financial rewards of it. Lots of free money for sitting there saying NO NO