• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Oceanside Pier Owner Meeting Yesterday (2 Dec 2018) Concerns and Questions

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Royal Garden Waikiki
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
=
Hi there everyone,

Loooooong time lurker, first time poster. I just had a two hour experience with the “owner update” team at Wyndham Oceanside Pier. I’ll try to make this as brief as possible.

First, thank you in advance to all of you who share so much wisdom, experience, and insight on these boards. Because of you I was able to learn so much before buying both my contracts resale on eBay and I was able to get really great deals on both. I currently own a resale Royal Garden Waikiki (annual) and a resale Oceanside Pier (Even EOY).

We just checked in for a weekend stay at Oceanside Pier and upon check-in the concierge offered for us to go to an owner meeting. I was already educated from all of you here that I am not obligated to go to any Owner Update meetings and that they are sales pitches to sell you more points — so I was already prepared to politely decline those. However, the concierge said a few things:

• We have received a lot of feedback from owners that they are tired of the high-pressure sales tactics, so we promise that is not what this is. We are a designated service location and we are here to help owners learn how to use their points and our system to get the most out of it. We also understand that a lot of owners already have a lot of points and don’t need anymore. So we just want to make sure we answer any questions you have and help you learn to use Wyndham to your advantage.

• We promise it will only be 60 minutes. We know you want to enjoy your vacation time and we don’t want to keep you too long.

Then he gave me a list of topics / questions I could ask about in the meeting. Sounded great. All of you already know where this went I’m sure…

We started out with our dedicated Wyndham person (the sales guy) who asked a few questions. I told him I’m just looking to get a few specific questions answered and learn how to use Wyndham better. He said that sounded great and he’d answer any questions that weren't answered in the presentation.

Next up: The Presentation.

There were a total of four of us in the room. The couple next to us have been Wyndham timeshare owners since 1994. The presenter began her talk and the takeaway points:

• Worldmark and Wyndham are merging — even on the website. So right now if you want to book WorldMark you have to call a number, but soon you’ll be able to book WorldMark through the website just like you do for regular Club Wyndham and affiliate resorts. However all those WorldMark people that will be “flooding the Wyndham website will have priority over existing Club Wyndham owners” so they will be able to book properties before you can and that’s not fair.” The solution? Upgrade your VIP status now to Presidential Reserve status which gives you 14 month APR at 82 resorts.

• She said the rebranding Wyndham is currently doing is as follows: Club Wyndham, Club Wyndham Brasil, Club Wyndham Asia, Margaritaville Vacation Club, Shell Vacations Club, and WorldMark by Wyndham dual-branded properties. The ‘levels' are now Club Wyndham Select, Club Wyndham Access, and Presidential Reserve.

Here I asked… “Wait… where is Club Wyndham Plus? Is that supposed to be Club Wyndham Select now?” She replied, “Club Wyndham Select means Deed Ownership.” And moved on with her talk.

• The other couple asked about all these people buying on the secondary market. The presenter said, “Oh you are referring to the resale market. Yes, up to as late as a month ago, you could probably sneak into Wyndham’s system and maybe even keep some VIP status because the website wasn’t able to differentiate enough, but that is all changing. Resale contracts will be flagged in the Wyndham system and will not have the same rights and advantages as developer contracts. Resale owners are the ‘red-headed step-child’ of the Wyndham system.” *Side note here: The presenter is speaking to four of us right in front of her. At this point she had no idea I am a resale owner, BUT I VERY clearly have red hair!!!! She just used red-headed stepchild (which I was) in a derogatory manner and I’m sitting right in front of her!

At one point the presenter asked us the four of us what contracts we own and how many points. When I mentioned my Oceanside contract, she said, "How did you even get an EOY Oceanside contract? They don’t even offer those anymore." Made a face and said, "Ew, that’s going to be a pain point for you in the future because of the changes we’re making. There are going to be negative effects for EOY contracts.” I never did tell her I was a resale owner.

Next up: The supposed “we’re going to help you learn how to use our system so you get the most out of it” meeting. JUST KIDDING we’re going to try to pressure and guilt you into buying more points because your resale contracts are worthless and you won’t really be able to do anything with them unless you upgrade to developer points today.

Salesperson 1 was friendly and more respectful and said several times buying my contracts resale was really smart. He said Wyndham would be mad at him for saying so, but that I got two really great contracts and it was a really great way to go.

Later, Salesperson 2 comes over to sit with us. He was manipulative, tried to use scare tactics, and lied to us several times.

Takeaway points from that interaction:

• Salesperson 1 said all we had to do was buy the minimum developer points and then all the existing resale points I own would be counted toward VIP and treated as developer points. Salesperson 2 later contradicted that by saying we would have to buy a minimum of 400K developer points for ~ $70,000 today to buy Silver VIP status.

• Salesperson 2 said I have so many resale points and they are pretty much useless because we don’t have access to all the resorts, and they even limit rooms at resorts for resale owners. “When you try to book at resorts and it says no availability it’s because you’re a resale owner and there may only be four rooms in the entire resort set aside for resale owners. The website won’t tell you that, but that’s why."

• Salesperson 2 said we only have access to a total of four resorts in California: San Diego Harbor Lights, Oceanside Pier, Indio, and Anaheim. But availability will be very limited.

• He said I am not a Wyndham Club Plus member because I bought resale. He said, “You bought a deed not our program. So you don’t have access to any VIP benefits, no housekeeping credits, and you will have very limited access to resorts and even rooms at those resorts," basically relegated to RCI status. (I want to note here that I was able to snap a photo of the paperwork he had printed out and right at the top it said ‘CWP ASSESSMENT DETAIL’ with my name and member number. I thought CWP means Club Wyndham Plus. But he said I bought a deed not the program so I am not Club Wyndham Plus.

• Salesperson 2 said we also cannot book at any affiliate resorts such as Mazatlan. He said, “You can only book at Club Wyndham, the red dots. You can’t book at any Club Plus, Club Pass, affiliate, or WorldMark resorts.” Again I asked about the Club Plus thing and got some vague answer about changes being made and the best thing to do would be to buy Club Access points to make sure I have access to every resort as well as VIP status.

• Salesperson 2 said that I’m going to have to pay at least $2000 more in fees every year for housekeeping credits on top of the maintenance fees I’m already paying because I bought resale, so why not spend that money getting developer points and having VIP status?

Those are the highlights. After the 60 minutes was turning into over two hours I finally said, “Okay now I’m tired and I’m getting really irritated. Here’s the bottom line, if you are telling me that my resale contracts are completely worthless and I’m not going to be able to book at most resorts and that I’m going to have to pay huge fees on top of what I’m already paying then I will just get rid of my contracts altogether and walk away. If this becomes too much of a hassle I don’t need any of it.”

That pretty much shut down the conversation. Salesperson 2 got up and huffed away and Salesperson 1 pulled me aside and said, “No, no. Don’t get rid of your contracts. You have a great deal here. I would just add though that you should consider the least amount of developer points (84k) for ~ $15,000 because once you buy the 84K points ALL your points will be treated as developer points.”

I thanked him and said no thank you, I’d like our gift for attending and I’d like to be on our way. And that was the end of it.

There were a few more shenanigans and lies Salesperson 2 told but I tried to relay the main points.

I did research later yesterday afternoon and saw that this scare tactic of resale points no longer being worth anything has been a schtick since at least 2008. However, I’m wondering with this latest merger if Wyndham is going to crack down harder on resale owners and limit access to the number of rooms available at resorts as well as limiting resorts. That was the take-home story from the presenter and the sales people.

For the record, if someone paid full retail price for developer points they SHOULD have extra perks I don’t have as a resale buyer. I’m okay with that. But I don't’ think my contracts / points should be so limited I barely even use the Wyndham resort system.

Questions:

• Have you seasoned owners heard about these latest steps Wyndham is taking to “crack down” on resale owners? Supposedly according to the presenter and sales people Wyndham is taking steps to separate and flag resale owners vs developer owners in their system and give resale owners a lesser status in the system.

• Would it be worth buying a small WorldMark contract on eBay in order to have access to WorldMark properties in addition to Club Wyndham properties?

• Any other advice is always welcome.

Thank you for taking time to read and respond.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Lies, lies,lies.

By picking up a WMTC Account you would have direct access to the about 90 WMTC Resorts. Also Monday Madness, Bonus Time, and Inventory Specials. These are all cash options that include the HKC.

I believe EricW ownes both. He could better tell you about the differences, advantages, disadvantages, etc.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It is all just sales 101 - the "take-away" sales strategy. Create fear that you are going to have something "taken" away from your membership unless you buy. Ignore everything they said.

Buying a small WM membership via resale may make sense for you if you want to get the WM resorts. Unlike Club Wyndham, WM has numerous cash booking options/strategies that make a small membership very useful. With WM you can readily access up to three years of credits(points) - so much more value than Club Wyndham when you own a small membership.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are able to make reservations at resorts other than at Oceanside or Royal Gardens, you are a member of Club Wyndham Plus. and of course you are

Club Wyndham Plus (The Fairshare Trust) is at its heart an exchange club whereby owners at one resort can make reservations at the other resorts
The underlying mechanism is that we assign our use rights for what we own (deeds, or contracts) to the trust in exchange for points, and the points are used as currency to make reservations

There are deeded fixed week owners that have not made that assignment and they are "just deed owners"

This is a case of the salesman purposely trying to confuse and instill fear to make a sale

Much like Caesar's Gallic Wars opened ("All Gaul is Divided in three Parts"); Club Wyndham Plus is divided in three parts (Select (deeded) Access and Presidential)

there are however certain benefits that come to you when you own points purchased from the developer one is that developer purchased points can be used to make reservations at Worldmark resorts (you cant do this with resale points) and the other is that if you buy enough points from the developer you qualify for VIP (400k Silver, 700k Gold, 1,000,000 Platinum) Heres the thing,,, If you are VIP, points in that account purchased on the secondary market will also enjoy VIP benefits . I think this is what the salesman was tempting you with..."lets start with a small purchase, 84000 points and you will be on your way to having all your points getting VIP benefits

Worldmark and Club Wyndham are not merging... However there is an internal exchange program between the two clubs whereby a Club Wyndham owner can use their points to make reservations at Worldmark resorts and Worldmark owners can use their credits to make reservations at Club Wyndham resorts. the catch is that you need to own developer purchased points for these exchanges. And heres what the salesman was talking about....You can not make these exchange reservations on line; you have to call in. At least for now. One day you will be able to make the reservations on line.

Bottom line is that there are no steps wyndham is taking to "crack down" on resale owners What they are doing, in my estimation is working to control the secondary market...so over time there will be fewer and fewer resale owners. In the past the only way for an owner to get rid of a wyndham ownership was to default or sell it themselves. Lots of people paid companies to help them get rid of their timeshares. This is where I could go into a long discussion of what we used to call post card companies, viking ships and ebay. Some years ago after experimenting with repurchase programs (Pathways) created "Ovation" Thorough Ovation an owner can just give their timeshare back to Wyndham. (and then they resell it for $200/1000 points), This is much easier and cheaper than building new resorts... Although not advertised Wyndham was buying points back too.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Buying 84,000 points for $15,000 will just make you $15,000 poorer and it won't magically give your resale points developer status. Yes you will pay reservation transaction fees and yes you could use up all your housekeeping credits and have to buy more depending on whether you use your points for longer stays or a lot of short stays. The money you saved buying resale will pay for any of those fees for many years to come.

From what you posted the only thing you heard that was true was when salesman 1 told you that you have two great resale deeds and to hang on to them.

I don't know if you can tell my hair color from my picture but.....

red-heads-science-fiction.jpg

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Salesperson 2 said that I’m going to have to pay at least $2000 more in fees every year for housekeeping credits on top of the maintenance fees I’m already paying because I bought resale, so why not spend that money getting developer points and having VIP status?

This kind of thing makes me tempted to break my streak of never having gone to an update/sales meeting, so I can whip out my calculator and ask him where he learned arithmetic. At least if you're going to make something up, make it plausible.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
The new "talking points" must have gone out to the sales teams, because I heard several of the items that are mentioned in the original post for the first time at a few "updates" I attended recently. They all now seem to be "Special Care Resorts"! I did notice though that the sales tactics I encountered were not what I'd call high pressure, but there was still some pressure. Or maybe I'm just getting better at finding things to say that they don't have answers for.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
They knew you were a resale owner before you walked into the meeting. The only thing they didn't have was your credit report because obtaining one without your signed permission is a really big No No.

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Lies, lies,lies.

By picking up a WMTC Account you would have direct access to the about 90 WMTC Resorts. Also Monday Madness, Bonus Time, and Inventory Specials. These are all cash options that include the HKC.

I believe EricW ownes both. He could better tell you about the differences, advantages, disadvantages, etc.

Thank you for replying, geist1223. I have started looking at some WorldMark contracts on eBay.

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
It is all just sales 101 - the "take-away" sales strategy. Create fear that you are going to have something "taken" away from your membership unless you buy. Ignore everything they said.

Buying a small WM membership via resale may make sense for you if you want to get the WM resorts. Unlike Club Wyndham, WM has numerous cash booking options/strategies that make a small membership very useful. With WM you can readily access up to three years of credits(points) - so much more value than Club Wyndham when you own a small membership.

Thank you for taking time to reply, ecwinch. I had a feeling they were playing me, but it's nice to come here and get validation from people who don't have anything to gain by lying to me. I am watching some eBay WorldMark listings now.

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
If you are able to make reservations at resorts other than at Oceanside or Royal Gardens, you are a member of Club Wyndham Plus. and of course you are

Club Wyndham Plus (The Fairshare Trust) is at its heart an exchange club whereby owners at one resort can make reservations at the other resorts
The underlying mechanism is that we assign our use rights for what we own (deeds, or contracts) to the trust in exchange for points, and the points are used as currency to make reservations

There are deeded fixed week owners that have not made that assignment and they are "just deed owners"

This is a case of the salesman purposely trying to confuse and instill fear to make a sale

Much like Caesar's Gallic Wars opened ("All Gaul is Divided in three Parts"); Club Wyndham Plus is divided in three parts (Select (deeded) Access and Presidential)

there are however certain benefits that come to you when you own points purchased from the developer one is that developer purchased points can be used to make reservations at Worldmark resorts (you cant do this with resale points) and the other is that if you buy enough points from the developer you qualify for VIP (400k Silver, 700k Gold, 1,000,000 Platinum) Heres the thing,,, If you are VIP, points in that account purchased on the secondary market will also enjoy VIP benefits . I think this is what the salesman was tempting you with..."lets start with a small purchase, 84000 points and you will be on your way to having all your points getting VIP benefits

Worldmark and Club Wyndham are not merging... However there is an internal exchange program between the two clubs whereby a Club Wyndham owner can use their points to make reservations at Worldmark resorts and Worldmark owners can use their credits to make reservations at Club Wyndham resorts. the catch is that you need to own developer purchased points for these exchanges. And heres what the salesman was talking about....You can not make these exchange reservations on line; you have to call in. At least for now. One day you will be able to make the reservations on line.

Bottom line is that there are no steps wyndham is taking to "crack down" on resale owners What they are doing, in my estimation is working to control the secondary market...so over time there will be fewer and fewer resale owners. In the past the only way for an owner to get rid of a wyndham ownership was to default or sell it themselves. Lots of people paid companies to help them get rid of their timeshares. This is where I could go into a long discussion of what we used to call post card companies, viking ships and ebay. Some years ago after experimenting with repurchase programs (Pathways) created "Ovation" Thorough Ovation an owner can just give their timeshare back to Wyndham. (and then they resell it for $200/1000 points), This is much easier and cheaper than building new resorts... Although not advertised Wyndham was buying points back too.

Thank you for your in-depth reply, ronparise. I have learned a lot from you on these boards.

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Buying 84,000 points for $15,000 will just make you $15,000 poorer and it won't magically give your resale points developer status. Yes you will pay reservation transaction fees and yes you could use up all your housekeeping credits and have to buy more depending on whether you use your points for longer stays or a lot of short stays. The money you saved buying resale will pay for any of those fees for many years to come.

From what you posted the only thing you heard that was true was when salesman 1 told you that you have two great resale deeds and to hang on to them.

I don't know if you can tell my hair color from my picture but.....

View attachment 9282

Hey there, Jan! Redheads unite! :cheer:

Thank you for the awesome meme! It made me laugh and made me proud all at once! ;)

You are another Tugger I have followed for months and have learned so much from. Thank you so much for taking time to reply. I was able to stand strong and walk away from this upsell of developer points thanks to you guys here on TUG taking the time to educate us and encourage us through these forms. I'm really grateful.

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
They knew you were a resale owner before you walked into the meeting. The only thing they didn't have was your credit report because obtaining one without your signed permission is a really big No No.

I'm a little slow sometimes 55plus, but it dawned on me today! You are right! They definitely knew and no doubt tailored some of their talking points directly for me. Again -- really grateful for all you fellow TUG members who gave me the knowledge and confidence to stand in my resale contract space proudly. =)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Eric mentioned being able to save and use 3 years of WMTC Points in 1 year. This true because of a designed quirk in the WMTC system. For example Points and HKC awarded have have a life span of 2 years plus a month. You do not have to do anything to save them. It is automatic. So Points awarded on December 1, 2018 (or the first of any month) have a life span of two years and one month. So in this example they have to be used/placed into a Booking by December 31, 2020. So if you saved the 2018 and 2019 Points for the time period of December 1 - 31, 2020 You would have 3 years of Points. Then when you consider they can be Booked out 13 months during December 2020 you could Book into Janaury 2022.

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Eric mentioned being able to save and use 3 years of WMTC Points in 1 year. This true because of a designed quirk in the WMTC system. For example Points and HKC awarded have have a life span of 2 years plus a month. You do not have to do anything to save them. It is automatic. So Points awarded on December 1, 2018 (or the first of any month) have a life span of two years and one month. So in this example they have to be used/placed into a Booking by December 31, 2020. So if you saved the 2018 and 2019 Points for the time period of December 1 - 31, 2020 You would have 3 years of Points. Then when you consider they can be Booked out 13 months during December 2020 you could Book into Janaury 2022.

Thank you, geist1223 and Eric. Another big learning curve for me on WM, but am confident that I'll be able to get the hang of it thanks to all of you helpful folks on here. Thank you for the very helpful tips!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

You can actually use 4 years of credits

Dec 2018 credits expire Dec 31, 2020
Dec 2019 credits expire Dec 31 2021
Dec 2020 credits are awarded Dec 1 2020
And in Dec 2020 you can borrow 2021 credits

So in the month of December a 10000 credit account can make a 40000 credit reservation

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
This made me laugh and face palm at the same time. A couple of points I would like to add. What the others say is true, you cannot use resale for Club pass. Even if you did buy those 84,000 points, you still wouldn't be able to use resale for Club Pass. You would only be able to use the 84,000 retail bought points for Club Pass. If you buy a resale WMTC, you will get better booking priority and you won't have to pay that $99 exchange fee. I didn't see anyone mention it, but with resale, you don't get Plus Partners. However, if you buy retail, you get PP and you can use resale points with that. In my opinion PP is a waste of points. Its where you can trade points for air fare or tickets. There was a picture of the point amounts for Disney and universal tickets on one of the Facebook groups. I think it was 50,000 points for a one day Disney base ticket. If you own CWA, those 50,000 points cost you $329.50 in maintenance fees (assuming program fee is 60 cents per 1,000) plus the $59 fee. The retail price of that ticket during a prime day is $132. Air fare is even worse. I think i calculate $1,400 for a $250 ticket. In my opinion, the only thing good about PP is the RCI nightly stays. Resale owners have to book full weeks for RCI reservations, for a $239 fee. With RCI nightly stays, you can book as little as one night at participating resorts, all the way up to 14 nights. So if you only need one night, a $49 booking fee plus points.

Technically they could crack down on resale owners by not allowing them to exchange points within the system. They could restrict them to their home resorts. Diamond restricts resale owners to their home "collection" which may comprise of 3-8 resorts. If Wyndham tried this, it could potentially cause huge issues. If members were only allowed to book their home resorts, they would likely ditch the contracts. If Ovations didn't take them, more people would walk away from them. That would really hurt Wyndham's bottom line because they wouldn't have people paying maintenance fees on those points or the program fee. I think it's more likely that they would grandfather current owners into the old rules, and restrict future owners to their home resort, or some resorts. You would still run the risk of people walking away from contracts they cannot sell on the resale market, but it wouldn't be as impactful as cutting off all resale owners. Even though they could do it, i don't think they would. There might be something in the trust agreement that bars them from doing this, but I wouldn't put it past them to try and change the agreement, so that future owners are restricted.

They do not limit what rooms you can book at a particular resort, with the exception of Presidential reserve. 75% of PR inventory is reserved for PR members up to 30 days before check in.

Housekeeping credits come with all your resale contracts. Perhaps he is thinking that since you don't get unlimited, you are going to run out of your annual allotment and will have to pay for more HK credits. $2,000 is 888 housekeeping credits. That is (3) three bedrooms for two week stays (six weeks total). At Dolphin's cove, those rooms would total just over a million points. If you had a million points to burn, then you have 1,000 HK credits. More then enough to cover that stay. Now, if you do a lot of short stays, you will burn through those pretty quickly, but I've never heard of anyone spending $2,000 on house keeping credits. Even if they did, 2,000 breaks down to about $166 a month. Your loan payment and maintenance fees would total more then that, and you still wouldn't have unlimited housekeeping credits.

Finally, I am willing to bet telesales will sell you that 84,000 for about $12,00 (still to much).

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even though they could do it, i don't think they would.

I don't think so either, because on the flip side, those resale owners' points would now represent bookings that can't be made by the rest of the owners. Oh, as a retail owner it's hard to get a summer unit in Myrtle Beach? No problem for me as a resale owner there. They can't say to retail owners, "We've limited resale owners to their deeded location so now you have access to more" - they'd actually have access to less. There's no logical reason for them to actually do it, only to threaten it as a sales tactic.

GibbyCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Thank you for your detailed insight, Richelle. This is a great point:
A couple of points I would like to add. What the others say is true, you cannot use resale for Club pass. Even if you did buy those 84,000 points, you still wouldn't be able to use resale for Club Pass. You would only be able to use the 84,000 retail bought points for Club Pass.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
In my opinion, the only thing good about PP is the RCI nightly stays. Resale owners have to book full weeks for RCI reservations, for a $239 fee. With RCI nightly stays, you can book as little as one night at participating resorts, all the way up to 14 nights. So if you only need one night, a $49 booking fee plus points.

I'm resale only & I was able to book a 2 night stay.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm resale only & I was able to book a 2 night stay.

I have seen shorter stays for Extra Vacations, but not for exchanges.