• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Owners update meeting

ElCid87

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
New owner via Tribute / Ovation but have some knowledge of the ways of the sales presentations having dealt with two with my parents. Was vacationing at the Great Smokies Lodge this past weekend and was told I had to attend a meeting to go over the new levels. At the meeting I was told that I and or my parents had missed a owner's meeting that offered a way to purchase 200k points and turn those points back in to Wyndham to pay for the maintenance fees on the total contract. I knew I had a rescission period so I reluctantly went ahead but have no documentation from Wyndham that says that that is what I was purchasing, only a standard sales contract for the 200k points. It sound like a rehashed Pathways (Flawed) program. Is anyone aware of whether this is legit? The standard conversion rate gets me no where close to covering the total fees. Is there a way to do this without purchasing new retail? Say for instance purchase some points resale and give back the ones bought thru Wyndham? Thanks for any advice.

Current ownership 660,000 CWA. Grandfathered Gold VIP

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
The advice in the above post is correct. There is one absolute in the timeshare sales/purchase world. If you have the slightest doubt, rescind now while you can. You only have a limited time to make sure you know exactly what you bought. Odds are that the sales person misled you. Wait too long and you will not have an alternative.

Rescind now and come back here and ask specific questions and you will fully understand what they're selling. You will never regret that decision.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind. You were sold a lying bill of goods.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
They always tell you that you missed out on some great program, but being the white knight on a horse, they will ride in, and get this eal for you!! My hero!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
They always tell you that you missed out on some great program, but being the white knight on a horse, they will ride in, and get this eal for you!! My hero!!
I have been told this is just Wyndham helping owners.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Another note.......I missed the boat. I inherited my timeshare, 513,000 grandfathered gold. I have picked up 2 resale contracts, and even year 154,000 and an odd year 126,000. I got them both, for a total of $500. I go to every owners update I can. Where I missed the boat, was not writing down every lie I was ever told by the sales weasels. I could have written a very informative book, which could have also been a comedy. The stuff these people come up with. I would love for everyone on here to just write down one specific lie they were told. A whopper!! It could be fun!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another note.......I missed the boat. I inherited my timeshare, 513,000 grandfathered gold. I have picked up 2 resale contracts, and even year 154,000 and an odd year 126,000. I got them both, for a total of $500. I go to every owners update I can. Where I missed the boat, was not writing down every lie I was ever told by the sales weasels. I could have written a very informative book, which could have also been a comedy. The stuff these people come up with. I would love for everyone on here to just write down one specific lie they were told. A whopper!! It could be fun!!
They wrote the book on half truths and lies.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
There was no special purchase discussed. You’ve been lied to. Rescind now.

Also, I’ve heard stories of people who were grandfathered like you that lost their VIP status after making a purchase, because they didn’t meet the current requirements. So if someone who has 500k points and grandfather gold, bought 105k points, they’d lose their gold status because the current Gold level was 700k. Maybe they fixed that. I am not sure. To be on the safe side, rescind now and research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Saved in the nick of time by a Wyndham salesperson!

ElCid87

Reaction score
First of all thanks for the replies. I need to add a little color and clarity to my post. I was NOT EVER intending to let the contract go live nor will it! After the group presentation they broke us down to individual associates. I was going to give them just a brief amount of time to discuss my account in general and pick up my gift card and catalog before trying to do some Christmas shopping before heading home that day. This quickly became a ordeal whereas they keep saying there was a problem or an update that should have been presented to me or my parents. I guess they thought that since I was a "new owner", that I would be easy prey. Once the polite refusals to proceed were ignored and my shopping plans were effectively killed, I went on the offense. I knew the contract would never see the light of day but that I would make Wyndham toil mightily at that point for no fruit to bear. I figured that at that point it was taking multiple people effort to try and close the deal so a small victory it may be, it made me feel a little better knowing it was wasted time, money, and effort on their part. The next day I sent a text message to the sales rep asking for documentation on the program I supposedly bought into, hoping to keep the wasted effort going. I may have tipped my hand when I said I wanted to be able to review the documents before the rescission period ended. This did result in two phone calls and a text (ignored) from the sales agent and one from her sales manager, (also ignored but responded that I could not take calls on the sales floor to please leave a message or email). I can be a vindictive little cuss when pissed off:whooopie: Hopefully the ruse is still working and THE RECISSION LETTER IS GOING IN THE MAIL TOMMORROW!

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
First of all thanks for the replies. I need to add a little color and clarity to my post. I was NOT EVER intending to let the contract go live nor will it! After the group presentation they broke us down to individual associates. I was going to give them just a brief amount of time to discuss my account in general and pick up my gift card and catalog before trying to do some Christmas shopping before heading home that day. This quickly became a ordeal whereas they keep saying there was a problem or an update that should have been presented to me or my parents. I guess they thought that since I was a "new owner", that I would be easy prey. Once the polite refusals to proceed were ignored and my shopping plans were effectively killed, I went on the offense. I knew the contract would never see the light of day but that I would make Wyndham toil mightily at that point for no fruit to bear. I figured that at that point it was taking multiple people effort to try and close the deal so a small victory it may be, it made me feel a little better knowing it was wasted time, money, and effort on their part. The next day I sent a text message to the sales rep asking for documentation on the program I supposedly bought into, hoping to keep the wasted effort going. I may have tipped my hand when I said I wanted to be able to review the documents before the rescission period ended. This did result in two phone calls and a text (ignored) from the sales agent and one from her sales manager, (also ignored but responded that I could not take calls on the sales floor to please leave a message or email). I can be a vindictive little cuss when pissed off:whooopie: Hopefully the ruse is still working and THE RECISSION LETTER IS GOING IN THE MAIL TOMMORROW!

WISE choice...like many on here say...if the salespeoples mouths are moving....they're lying! Bob