• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Anybody figure out "Exclusive rotating benefits" yet?

There's a colon after "Exclusive rotating benefits" so it would seem that they are All-inclusive experiences and Club Pass points discounts.

I don't get it. Maybe that's because I got a B- in Marketing in 1965.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Anybody figure out "Exclusive rotating benefits" yet?

There's a colon after "Exclusive rotating benefits" so it would seem that they are All-inclusive experiences and Club Pass points discounts.

I don't get it. Maybe that's because I got a B- in Marketing in 1965.

Maybe it means that they get exclusive discounts, benefits, or other deals that change from time to time. Sort of like the points discount specials, but exclusive to titanium. That’s my best guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
They always can buy from corporate telesales. The list is called DNG - as in Do Not Gift (for attending a presentation). Not ... do not sell ... which I think is something else

I know of someone who was told they were on the do not sell list and telesales wouldn’t sell her points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I just received the formal email into my Inbox, screenshot attached for reference.

upload_2019-5-16_16-36-29.png

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the formal email into my Inbox, screenshot attached for reference.

View attachment 11847
Instead of being considered 'Elite' or have 'Status' we are now Privileged. So does that means VIP owners had the privilege of giving Wyndham boatloads of money?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, BD.

As another PR owner, I agree with you that PR has certain features that work well for me (and likely you). However, don't try to convince other owners that it does have value. If more owners become PR owners, it will minimize the availability of certain units for you and me!

While this post is clearly "tongue in cheek," there is some merit to my assertion. PR is possibly the least understood level/status in the Wyndham ownership spectrum.

Wes
Oh no you outed me, now they know I’m a PR owner & I actually know what’s on a PR deed!! LOL. I don’t care that you outed me after all we’re all friends here, well most of the time anyway! LOL

Yes I love being a snob PR owner with benefits!!

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
“simplified”

Indeed. I'm hopeful that this is referencing the possibility that I've heard internally that the points percentage discounts and possibly even the upgrade windows will no longer apply only within a defined window.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I'm hopeful that this is referencing the possibility that I've heard internally that the points percentage discounts and possibly even the upgrade windows will no longer apply only within a defined window.
Wyndham fell all over themselves to more effectively enforce the window by making cancel-rebook impossible just a few years ago. This seems astonishingly unlikely to me.

But, I've been wrong before---many times.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Oh, man! That memo is so full of it I don't even know where to start!

Having neutered the most valuable of VIP benefits, Wyndham is simplifying and re-imagining the VIP program to help maximize the VIP experience. What a crock!

How generous! Throw the canary another seed.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no you outed me, now they know I’m a PR owner & I actually know what’s on a PR deed!! LOL. I don’t care that you outed me after all we’re all friends here, well most of the time anyway! LOLYes I love being a snob PR owner with benefits!!

BD,
You should be proud of those benefits that were paid for and give you status.Remember what status is. 55plus explained it very well. Congratulations to you for becoming a PR VIP owner and becoming a SNOB. Many PR VIP owners are renting me points for less then it costs me to pay maintenance fees. I wouldn't consider them and many of them would not consider themselves to be snobs for buying into PR VIP status.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know of someone who was told they were on the do not sell list and telesales wouldn’t sell her points.

I was told they could not sell me if they wanted to. March of 2019 at Bonnet Creek. Maybe they seen all the resale deeds purchased? In and out in less then 40 minutes.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I was told they could not sell me if they wanted to. March of 2019 at Bonnet Creek. Maybe they seen all the resale deeds purchased? In and out in less then 40 minutes.

Did they tell you why?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, man! That memo is so full of it I don't even know where to start!

Having neutered the most valuable of VIP benefits, Wyndham is simplifying and re-imagining the VIP program to help maximize the VIP experience. What a crock!

How generous! Throw the canary another seed.
Do you feel hoodwinked?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Oh no you outed me, now they know I’m a PR owner & I actually know what’s on a PR deed!! LOL. I don’t care that you outed me after all we’re all friends here, well most of the time anyway! LOL

Yes I love being a snob PR owner with benefits!!

Congrats. I hope you enjoy using it, you snob! Lol. J/k of course. I don’t see you pulling off being a snob for more then 5 minutes. ;)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they tell you why?

I had a open case on use year alignment. It was more about the salesman knowing I bought all resale and he had no chance of selling me devolper points. PR VIP is not on my agenda if I can rent from a VIP for less then I pay in maintenance fees

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
BD,
You should be proud of those benefits that were paid for and give you status.Remember what status is. 55plus explained it very well. Congratulations to you for becoming a PR VIP owner and becoming a SNOB. Many PR VIP owners are renting me points for less then it costs me to pay maintenance fees. I wouldn't consider them and many of them would not consider themselves to be snobs for buying into PR VIP status.

I was talking to an owner, who was told they are no longer selling PR. A few others in their group said they were told the same thing. I think sales is pulling their leg, but I cannot think of why, other then Wyndham is limiting the number of PR points one can buy. Maybe they don’t want people to know they are limiting them, so they make up an excuse. Maybe someone else here can say if they heard the same? I would think, they would convert some presidential units into PR to get more inventory. They may even look to expand the PR portfolio by converting presidential units at resorts that are not currently in the portfolio. I find it hard to believe there is no more inventory.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was talking to an owner, who was told they are no longer selling PR. A few others in their group said they were told the same thing. I think sales is pulling their leg, but I cannot think of why, other then Wyndham is limiting the number of PR points one can buy. Maybe they don’t want people to know they are limiting them, so they make up an excuse. Maybe someone else here can say if they heard the same? I would think, they would convert some presidential units into PR to get more inventory. They may even look to expand the PR portfolio by converting presidential units at resorts that are not currently in the portfolio. I find it hard to believe there is no more inventory.

Wyndham will buy , no I don't mean take back those deeds through Ovation. They will buy a through a third party If they need inventory to sell to owners looking for status of PR VIP.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
haven't heard anything bout not selling more pr but could it have something to do with titanium level or whatever needing 1.4 mil. to qualify for that level and pr was 1 mil.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have to confess to being really, really surprised that the announcement came out today on our Wyndham website. Even though I've said that I thought it was only a matter of time until a new higher VIP level was introduced I didn't think the announcement would come out for at least several more months. And even with those extra two pages that Cyrus24 posted I was still doubtful that an announcement would actually be made today.

However now my inner cat's curiosity is only partially satisfied and will remain that way until all the details are officially announced.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you feel hoodwinked?

Hoodwinked isn't the right word. I accept (accept, not like) the May 2017 changes and have changed my way of doing things to try to compensate. I just get tired of the crap.

I find especially annoying all the hyperbole and the way they spin every thing to make it sound like Wyndham's principal concern is the benefits to owners. It is incredible that someone could write this stuff and pitch it to VIP owners -- the ones who have spent the greatest amount of money, been around longest, and best understand the program and what has happened over the years -- and think they will buy it.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
but I noticed the mid-week clean and tidy was removed from the Gold benefit.
I’m guessing that’s not a loss of a benefit because Gold Privilege is the current VIP Silver & Silver doesn’t currently have that benefit.

I wonder when the Emerald level will be available.
Why would anyone want to buy today in the 300,000 - 399,000 range without being Emerald & then be forced to buy another 84k points to get any benefits? You would be forced to skip over the Emerald level & go to Privilege Gold.
This could hurt sales not help them short term.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Wyndham fell all over themselves to more effectively enforce the window by making cancel-rebook impossible just a few years ago. This seems astonishingly unlikely to me.

But, I've been wrong before---many times.

I totally hear you and we are all suspending judgment until we see what actually happens. That said, most of the prior changes in 2012 and in 2016/2017 that can easily be categorized as negative were prior to the new CEO coming onboard, who is very customer focused in comparison. He has been personally involved in the VIP changes to date from what I understand. It's his name signed at the bottom of this recent memo. From what people have told me, he takes his job seriously and realizes that it's the owners that matter most, and particularly those of us who are VIP owners and have made a comparatively large investment of our monies when compared to others. I'm holding out hope, call it cautious optimism perhaps, that we'll actually see enhancements to the VIP program as part of this whole process. :)

Last edited: