• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Question?

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
Hello all:

I currently have an EOYE timeshare with Vistana on a Mandatory resort which means that I can select any resort in their network. I wanted a complementary timeshare for the ODD years which is cheaper on price and MFs but offers good resort quality and options.

Some of the folks on the Vistana forum recommended Wyndham as a good option for this situation. They also suggested trying to book the Presidential Suites so that the quality level is similar to Vistana. I am from Toronto so most of the locations in the Eastern/mid-Western US are easily accessible.

My questions are:

1. What's a good number of points to have to be able to get into 2 bedroom Presidential suites in this geographic area?

2. Are the Presidential suites similar in quality and furnishings to Westin/Hilton/Marriot?

3. Is there a good 'home resort' with decent MF's that you recommend?

4. Does Wyndham trade well on II?

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Wyndham, Presidential Reserve is your home resort under its own rules. The quality of the presidential reserve units will depend on the resort. Presidential Reserve also has access to non-presidential reserve units at the 10 month out point. A comparison between the Westin/HIlton/Marriot systems and Wyndham Presidential Reserve system is subjective depending on what someone wants. I would not suggest buying anything in Presidential Reserve until you stay in one. I think Presidential Reserve would not be a good thing for what you are looking for. If you go with Wyndham, you might want to look at other Wyndham ownership options.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Actually that is incorrect. Presidential Reserve has exclusive ARP to Presidential Reserve units at their home resort from 14-12 months out, then reciprocal ARP to Presidential Reserve units at other resorts from 12-10 months out. Then at 10 months, 75% of the PR inventory is reserved for PR members. At 1 month out, any remaining PR inventory is released.

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
In Wyndham, Presidential Reserve is your home resort under its own rules. The quality of the presidential reserve units will depend on the resort. Presidential Reserve also has access to non-presidential reserve units at the 10 month out point. A comparison between the Westin/HIlton/Marriot systems and Wyndham Presidential Reserve system is subjective depending on what someone wants. I would not suggest buying anything in Presidential Reserve until you stay in one. I think Presidential Reserve would not be a good thing for what you are looking for. If you go with Wyndham, you might want to look at other Wyndham ownership options.
I stayed at the Worldmark in Kihei and that is my only experience with a Wyndham-associated Resort. It was not a Presidential Suite. The stay was comfortable and the suites were clean and in good condition but the decor and interior was basic. Do the Presidential suite have slightly more upscale furniture and fixtures?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are WM Owners. We have never found "Presidential" Units to be worth the Hugh number off Points they cost. We do not need Granite Counter Tops, etc. We want comfortable beds and furniture. Stone floors in kitchens are uncomfortable to actually stand on while you cook. We know some people truly like "Presidential" Units. We just wish that WYN/WM would cut down on the number of them. It is silly where at some Resorts a "Presidential" Studio is more Points than a regular 2 or 3 bedroom Unit.

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
I actually got this off their book. Not worth it especially since I have Vistana already.

CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve® Eligibility The CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve product and benefits are available to CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Members who have purchased an ownership interest in a Presidential Reserve Suite(s) with a minimum allocation of 1 million CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points. An initial purchase which includes an allocation of at least 1 million CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points in a Presidential Reserve Suite(s) is required for membership in CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve. Only points associated with ownership interests purchased directly from Wyndham Vacation Resorts or its affiliates are eligible for full CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve benefits. In the event an ownership interest in a Presidential Reserve Suite(s) with an allocation of at least 1 million CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points is acquired from an existing Presidential Reserve Member who is not an “Immediate Relative,” the new purchaser will be a Presidential Reserve Member and eligible for Presidential Reserve benefits, with the exception of the following benefits: e Exchange privileges in The Registry Collection® program e Access to The Registry Collection® Concierge e VIP benefits “Immediate Relative” currently includes parents, spouses, domestic partners, siblings, children and grandchildren.