• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Rewards Visa Refund

Mark Cameron

Reaction score
Hey everyone, brand new here! My wife and I purchased a Club Wyndham Access time share last Friday and have sent in our rescission letter as of a few days ago. My concern is really the down payment that was put on the Rewards CC they opened in my name. Has anyone had any issues getting that amount refunded on that card? I think that payment is due on January 20th, so I hope it gets refunded by then. Also, the autopays are set up for that date also so I hope to get the account canceled by that date as well. Thank you! I'm glad my wife and I found this forum and the group on Facebook on our trip home from vacation.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, brand new here! My wife and I purchased a Club Wyndham Access time share last Friday and have sent in our rescission letter as of a few days ago. My concern is really the down payment that was put on the Rewards CC they opened in my name. Has anyone had any issues getting that amount refunded on that card? I think that payment is due on January 20th, so I hope it gets refunded by then. Also, the autopays are set up for that date also so I hope to get the account canceled by that date as well. Thank you! I'm glad my wife and I found this forum and the group on Facebook on our trip home from vacation.
Congrats on doing your due diligence. Wyndham is a great product and without buying into Wyndham I would have never been able to see so many nice places. Key is to learn the system and buy into it at resale prices. Most deeds can be bought resale for less the $100. You can also rent for less then the cost of CWA maintenance fees before you buy to see if timeshares are for you.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Congrats. You will get your refund. Just wait at most 45 days. Mind sharing how much would you save with rescission?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you mean how much was our contract? $17,500 for 105,000 CWA points plus 145k bonus points
You may want to cancel auto-pay for one month in case the down payment doesn’t come back in time.

Mark Cameron

Reaction score
How do I go about doing that? By setting up my online account with the Wyndham Rewards VISA when I get it in the mail?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do I go about doing that? By setting up my online account with the Wyndham Rewards VISA when I get it in the mail?
I believe so. You might also want to call the cc company telling them about the refund and asking if they could waive first month payment since the refund is coming.

Mark Cameron

Reaction score
I believe so. You might also want to call the cc company telling them about the refund and asking if they could waive first month payment since the refund is coming.
Man I called them last night and it was a train wreck! I had individuals from foreign call centers and they did not get what I was saying. They were asking me if I was trying to order a card, if I wanted to talk to the dispute department for the charges, etc. It was a mess. I will wait until I get the card. No offense to them, I just don't think they had any idea of my situation. I'm sure they will understand, close that account!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Man I called them last night and it was a train wreck! I had individuals from foreign call centers and they did not get what I was saying. They were asking me if I was trying to order a card, if I wanted to talk to the dispute department for the charges, etc. It was a mess. I will wait until I get the card. No offense to them, I just don't think they had any idea of my situation. I'm sure they will understand, close that account!

You should be able to cancel autopay online. Have you created a login so you can access your account online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark Cameron

Reaction score
You should be able to cancel autopay online. Have you created a login so you can access your account online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have not. I don't have the account information for the card to set it up online. I will have to wait and get the card in the mail I guess. I have the paperwork from Wyndham but it doesn't have the account number on it.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score

It is a simple process. You have to wait until you get your card. The reason is to set up your account online they usually require the 3 digit security code from the back of the card. Once you set up your account online you log in and cancel autopay...

George

Mark Cameron

Reaction score
I'm very intrigued about buying a TS resale, but it seems very confusing to me.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm very intrigued about buying a TS resale, but it seems very confusing to me.
Take your time and research. Many on TUG have knowledge and are willing to help answer any questions you may have. Learn the system and find a way to make it work for your situation. MY ownership and they way it works for me may not work for all but Wyndham. Follow the link below for TUG deals on buying or renting of timeshares.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/buying-selling-renting-timeshares.13/

Mark Cameron

Reaction score
It is a simple process. You have to wait until you get your card. The reason is to set up your account online they usually require the 3 digit security code from the back of the card. Once you set up your account online you log in and cancel autopay...

George
I got the cards in the mail and I set up my account online. I cannot see any place to cancel the autopay feature, any advice?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The websites of all CC issuers are different. Just start clicking on things like "Payments", "Transfer and Pay", "User Information", etc. Somewhere "Auto Pay" will pop up. Click on it then you will be able to cancel it...

George

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the cards in the mail and I set up my account online. I cannot see any place to cancel the autopay feature, any advice?

Others here who churn credits cards may chime in, but I don't believe it's possible to set up auto-pay on a CC without logging into the account and entering the info yourself. My guess is that you don't have anything to cancel on the CC itself.

They may, however, have activated an auto-pay of the Wyndham loan itself, where it is automatically billing the CC. This would have to be cancelled through the timeshare entity, NOT the CC.

Of course, if the CC is cancelled, the payment request cannot be fulfilled.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Your mortgage Autopay via the WR Visa goes away with your rescission of the contract!

As for the DOWN PAYMENT charged to WR Visa, if the refund comes before the statement closing date, your statement balance will be zero. You're good.
1. If not, pay the statement balance and wait for the refund. Barclays will send you a check for the credit balance in the next cycle or two. You may have to call them if you want it sooner.
OR
2. Call them and dispute the charge citing rescission as the reason. So, the charge will be held in abeyance until the refund hits.

I recommend option 2. Good luck!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Or even better, call Wyndham Finance department and request them to reverse the down payment charge. They will do it a few days. You may have to wait for the rescission to reach them. But you can make sure the refund occurs before the statement closing date.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or even better, call Wyndham Finance department and request them to reverse the down payment charge. They will do it a few days. You may have to wait for the rescission to reach them. But you can make sure the refund occurs before the statement closing date.
Did you see my posts with links to stickies or forums whereas TUG helped TS owners exit or sell their TSs? In fact, Clark Howard even posted a TUG video educating TS owners how to sell their TS. https://clark.com/travel/how-to-get-rid-of-a-timeshare/.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, thank you. I am not selling. I am trying to create a comprehensive user manual for my wife and sons! ;)
When I am done, I could share its template with you and others so you can customize it to suit your situation!:)

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, thank you. I am not selling. I am trying to create a comprehensive user manual for my wife and sons! ;)
When I am done, I could share its template with you and others so you can customize it to suit your situation!:)
Thank you. That manual would be great to see.

The point of the TUG links were to show that TUG isn't "solely" about "gaming" the TS systems. TUG also exists to advise TS owners how to (within the rescission period) rescind their contracts, deedback their TS contracts for free, or give away/sell their TS without paying $3k to a TS exit company.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your point is well taken! But I wish you would not be so indulgent of strip-and-dump con games!;)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your point is well taken! But I wish you would not be so indulgent of strip-and-dump con games!;)
What are you considering a strip and dump con game? No one is gaming the system by using their ownership as they see fit. Wyndham lets a owner use current use year points when giving back through Ovations.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you buy a resale for a song and get 2 or even 3 years of usage but only paid MF for a few months before dumping it on Ovation, as you have gloated elsewhere, what would you call that?
Clever? Or crooked? Smart? Or smarmy?:(

Somebody else is paying the price for your con game or 'your use of your ownership as you see fit' as you smugly put it!:(

Imo, Ovation should do some extreme vetting to exclude gamers who churn the pot and make off with the cream!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I were to buy a big screen TV at Costco, enjoy watching Superbowl on it, then go return it to Costco for a full refund.
Would that be a clever use of my Costco membership? Or Unjust enrichment as you lawyers would call it! I bet the tort laws have an appropriate term for this!;)

The way I see it, Strip-and-dump is unjust enrichment! Turnstile jumping may have been explicitly codified as unlawful and there may be no explicit laws governing the use of Wyndham ownership. But a lawyer or judge will deem it as unjust enrichment when the use or the abuse is properly adjudicated! Don't you think?

Unjust Enrichment
A general equitable principle that no person should be allowed to profit at another's expense without making restitution for the reasonable value of any property, services, or other benefits that have been unfairly received and retained.

Unjust enrichment has three elements. First, the plaintiff must have provided the defendant with something of value while expecting compensation in return. Second, the defendant must have acknowledged, accepted, and benefited from whatever the plaintiff provided. Third, the plaintiff must show that it would be inequitable or Unconscionable for the defendant to enjoy the benefit of the plaintiff's actions without paying for it. A court will closely examine the facts of each case before awarding this remedy and will deny claims for unjust enrichment that frustrate public policy or violate the law.

Wyndham will win hands down!

Last edited: