• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Riverside Suites

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Anyone here having a problem paying their annual dues for a fixed week at Wyndham Riverside Suites?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the folks at this number can take payments ‭(800) 225-3522‬

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Basically they will not take my payment as they say the timeshare is no longer in my name. After a long conversation with Title Services, it seems that Wyndham's title search company did a review of deeds at Riverside Suites and found my deed (filed in 2008 by Wyndham) is defective, and has changed the name my account to be the Riverside Suites Council HOA. As you would expect with Wyndham, I was never notified of this event and even received by annual invoice in the fall for my dues - as I have for the past 8 years.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they re-title the account or the deed or both?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just the account. No new deed has been recorded - they say that since my deed is defective, title reverts to the last good titleholder (aka the HOA).

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Just the account. No new deed has been recorded - they say that since my deed is defective, title reverts to the last good titleholder (aka the HOA).

So are they in the process of sending you a check for all the maintenance fees, plus interest, you erroneously paid since 2008 for something they are now saying you don't own? And if there is a recorded deed in your name is this something that they can legally do after 8 years? Will they be correcting their mistake? How is it even possible for them to to say "Oops we made a mistake 8 years ago in the way we prepared your deed so we are taking it away from you with no due legal process?" Does this mean that at any time Wyndham could do the same thing with any of us? I hope OP with legal background can tell us more about this.

Last edited:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
If you don't want this timeshare any more you're golden. But assuming you do, I figure it will be very difficult to get hold of someone at Wyndham who would have the knowledge and expertise to dig into this and fix things. The only suggestion I have is to immediately send a certified letter to the highest Wyndham officer whose name you can find, letting him know that stealing your property is illegal and you'll wait about 1 week before initiating legal action.

There was a thread earlier referencing the Florida department that handles timeshare complaints. I would send them a carbon copy of my letter

Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares & Mobile Homes
400 W. Robinson Street, Suite N-908
Orlando, FL 32801
407-317-7226

I'm not one to overreact, but I'm thinking this is a problem that needs a quick solution or it will only get worse. Good luck.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So are they in the process of sending you a check for all the maintenance fees, plus interest, you erroneously paid since 2008 for something they are now saying you don't own? And if there is a recorded deed in your name is this something that they can legally do after 8 years. Will they be correcting their mistake? How is it even possible for them to to say "Oops we made a mistake 8 years ago in the way we prepared your deed so we are taking it away from you with no due legal process?" Does this mean that at any time Wyndham could do the same thing with any of us? I hope OP with legal background can tell us more about this.

That's funny.....

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
That's funny.....

I take it that the seller didn't have clear title to the fixed week you acquired (the HOA had an outstanding MF debt / lien on that week)?

If you do have adequate ownership documentation, I agree with kaljor about bouncing it up the "HOA's" chain of command and through the FL division of condominiums, timeshare, etc. (mentioning something to the effect of "fraud by conversion").

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I take it that the seller didn't have clear title to the fixed week you acquired (the HOA had an outstanding MF debt / lien on that week)?

If you do have adequate ownership documentation, I agree with kaljor about bouncing it up the "HOA's" chain of command and through the FL division of condominiums, timeshare, etc. (mentioning something to the effect of "fraud by conversion").

What was the fraudulent act and who did it?

Unless Eric bought this from the HOA I dont see them involved (Not Wyndham either)

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not terribly worried about it that the moment. I have fired off a demand letter to the HOA, we will see where that goes.

This is a fixed week, so I am not really chasing anything on the Wyndham side - though I believe it will come back to them. I am choosing to communicate directly with the HOA as I live in San Antonio and it is easy to deliver correspondence to the resort.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good first start. The Wyndham Property Management Group (if Wyndham Managed) is more likely to resolve the matter unless they really want the week.

Merdock69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
San Luis Bay Inn
What happened to this?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still being worked on.