• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Sea Gardens Future Availability

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this travel notice on the Wyndham site.

"Travel
Due to the current refurbishment efforts following Hurricane Irma, Wyndham Sea Gardens is currently offering cancellations without penalty for all owners with reservations through Dec. 31, 2017. If you wish to cancel your current reservation, please call Owner Services at 800-251-8736. All inventory for future reservations is currently on hold at this location until refurbishments have been completed."

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a confirmed two-week reservation in unit 416 on the top floor of the Waterfalls unit starting Nov 4 (tomorrow). On Oct 26, 10 days before my reservation was to start, I got an e-mail from Wyndham cancelling my reservation due to storm damage and returning 125% of the points involved to my account. I am currently staying at Canada House, just a few blocks north on A1A. Yesterday I walked down the beach to Sea Gardens. There were a few people around each pool. They have set up a small tiki bar which had a few customers at 4PM. There were a lot of workers in hazmat suits working in Waterfalls and a lot of banging and drilling going on in the Ocean Palms building. Surprisingly, particularly since the original tiki bar blew away, none of the trees and plantings in the Waterfalls area seemed to be disturbed, but all five of the palm trees in front of Ocean Palms were missing. I checked at the front desk and was told that they don't plan to be back in full operation till February.
I also wandered into Royal Vista earlier in the week. Apparently, they had planned a full renovation and had closed the resort weeks before the storm came. I was told they will stay completely closed till February. I also wandered into Santa Barbara but there was no one in the lobby to talk to. There were no cars in the garage and no one at the pool, just some workers in a bucket lift repairing cracks in the exterior wall and workers coming out the front door to patronize the coffee-break truck.
One thing that has me wondering is the fact that where we are currently staying is an oceanfront timeshare unit eleven blocks north of Sea Gardens in a small resort which is fully occupied and suffered NO storm damage other than getting sand in its swimming pool.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a confirmed two-week reservation in unit 416 on the top floor of the Waterfalls unit starting Nov 4 (tomorrow). On Oct 26, 10 days before my reservation was to start, I got an e-mail from Wyndham cancelling my reservation due to storm damage and returning 125% of the points involved to my account. I am currently staying at Canada House, just a few blocks north on A1A. Yesterday I walked down the beach to Sea Gardens. There were a few people around each pool. They have set up a small tiki bar which had a few customers at 4PM. There were a lot of workers in hazmat suits working in Waterfalls and a lot of banging and drilling going on in the Ocean Palms building. Surprisingly, particularly since the original tiki bar blew away, none of the trees and plantings in the Waterfalls area seemed to be disturbed, but all five of the palm trees in front of Ocean Palms were missing. I checked at the front desk and was told that they don't plan to be back in full operation till February.
I also wandered into Royal Vista earlier in the week. Apparently, they had planned a full renovation and had closed the resort weeks before the storm came. I was told they will stay completely closed till February. I also wandered into Santa Barbara but there was no one in the lobby to talk to. There were no cars in the garage and no one at the pool, just some workers in a bucket lift repairing cracks in the exterior wall and workers coming out the front door to patronize the coffee-break truck.
One thing that has me wondering is the fact that where we are currently staying is an oceanfront timeshare unit eleven blocks north of Sea Gardens in a small resort which is fully occupied and suffered NO storm damage other than getting sand in its swimming pool.

I have 2 units booked at sea gardens for dec 30, should I be concerned ? I already have flights booked.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Just talked with Wyndham and they indicated Sea Gardens is open on a limited basis the update she was reading was as of Friday. Some units still open. If a mandatory cnx is received 100 percent of points will be returned. Some amenities will not be open. All mandatory reservations probably have not been sent out. Still working mandatory cnx for November. Suggests checking back in mid-December.

Last edited:

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 units booked at sea gardens for dec 30, should I be concerned ? I already have flights booked.
If you want to be sure of having two units in the Ft. Lauderdale area for New Year's week, I'd cancel Sea Gardens and look elsewhere, although that's a tough week. The big timeshares in Weston have availability, but that's a 45 minute drive to the beach. If you are OK with a pool, that might be a reasonable alternative.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been reading so many different reports on the availability at Sea Gardens, I decided to call them , somebody there would know more than someone at Wyndham head office. I told him I had units booked for Dec 30 and my flights were booked and If I needed to cancel the flight I need to do it now. He was very helpful and said I should have no problem, all renovations are expected to be complete by Christmas and even if they're not I should have no problem getting my rooms. Not sure how accurate that is but I feel a little better.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got my cancellation email notice. I have 2 rooms booked ( sea gardens ) for 2 families but only received 1 cancellation. Already have flights booked which are non-refundable, anyone think it's worth calling and trying to get the room back ? I fully understand that this is out of anyone's control and s!@# happens.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Under Wyndham's control actually. Giving it a try would not have a down side to it. Try and get higher than the 1st level call centers. Would not mention the one that has not been cancelled yet if you want to use it.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Under Wyndham's control actually. Giving it a try would not have a down side to it. Try and get higher than the 1st level call centers. Would not mention the one that has not been cancelled yet if you want to use it.

I will try but one is useless without the other. We want to go together.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got my cancellation email notice. I have 2 rooms booked ( sea gardens ) for 2 families but only received 1 cancellation. Already have flights booked which are non-refundable, anyone think it's worth calling and trying to get the room back ? I fully understand that this is out of anyone's control and s!@# happens.

Did you get an e-mail that a specific reservation is cancelled or is going to be cancelled, or a more general message saying your December reservation will be cancelled? I got the general message for a reservation at Royal Vista and thought it was for a specific reservation, but it turned out to cover all my December reservations at RV.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got my cancellation email notice. I have 2 rooms booked ( sea gardens ) for 2 families but only received 1 cancellation. -

What hoa was cancelled and what hoa was not cancelled?

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get an e-mail that a specific reservation is cancelled or is going to be cancelled, or a more general message saying your December reservation will be cancelled? I got the general message for a reservation at Royal Vista and thought it was for a specific reservation, but it turned out to cover all my December reservations at RV.

What does this mean ?

Dear Valued Owner:

As you know, our resorts located in Pompano Beach, Florida, sustained serious damage resulting from Hurricane Irma. Our contractors have encountered some unexpected delays in remediation and permitting, which means many units remain unavailable. We are working diligently to maximize occupancy in the upcoming days and weeks.

At this time, it has been determined that we did not receive enough volunteers to accommodate all reservations and must cancel your open reservation/s for December 2017. We understand the inconvenience this will cause you and your family and appreciate your understanding as this weather related event is outside of our control.

Your December 2017 reservation/s will be cancelled within the next 10 days.

You will receive a full refund of points, plus our Management team has approved an additional 25% of the points used on the reservation to be added to your account as a goodwill gesture.
For example, if your reservation used 100,000 points, we will return 125,000 points to your account.

Or if you are a PlusPartners member, you have the option to forgo the offer above and choose to receive a full refund of points for this reservation and our CLUB WYNDHAM Travel team has agreed to waive the PlusPartners points conversion fee, booking window and allow any additional points needed for a PlusPartners option to be rented at a discounted rate.
This option will allow you the opportunity to work with CLUB WYNDHAM Travel to search availability at nearby Wyndham Hotel Group properties or explore cruising opportunities using points.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this situation and the inconvenience this will cause.

Please respond to this email to inform us of which option you prefer. If we do not hear back from you by November 30, 2017, we will automatically add the additional 25% to your account.

Sincerely,

CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Owner Services

(If you have a 12/31/2017 use year, we will place the 25% of the points used for this reservation into your 12/31/2018 use year)

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does this mean ?

Dear Valued Owner:

As you know, our resorts located in Pompano Beach, Florida, sustained serious damage resulting from Hurricane Irma. Our contractors have encountered some unexpected delays in remediation and permitting, which means many units remain unavailable. We are working diligently to maximize occupancy in the upcoming days and weeks.

At this time, it has been determined that we did not receive enough volunteers to accommodate all reservations and must cancel your open reservation/s for December 2017. We understand the inconvenience this will cause you and your family and appreciate your understanding as this weather related event is outside of our control.

Your December 2017 reservation/s will be cancelled within the next 10 days.

You will receive a full refund of points, plus our Management team has approved an additional 25% of the points used on the reservation to be added to your account as a goodwill gesture.
For example, if your reservation used 100,000 points, we will return 125,000 points to your account.

Or if you are a PlusPartners member, you have the option to forgo the offer above and choose to receive a full refund of points for this reservation and our CLUB WYNDHAM Travel team has agreed to waive the PlusPartners points conversion fee, booking window and allow any additional points needed for a PlusPartners option to be rented at a discounted rate.
This option will allow you the opportunity to work with CLUB WYNDHAM Travel to search availability at nearby Wyndham Hotel Group properties or explore cruising opportunities using points.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this situation and the inconvenience this will cause.

Please respond to this email to inform us of which option you prefer. If we do not hear back from you by November 30, 2017, we will automatically add the additional 25% to your account.

Sincerely,

CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Owner Services

(If you have a 12/31/2017 use year, we will place the 25% of the points used for this reservation into your 12/31/2018 use year)

Wyndham does not mention a specific confirmation number, so it can mean that one or both of your reservations will be cancelled. Contacting Wyndham is the only way to find out what they really mean.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I had a converted fixed week 7 in Ocean Palms that I sold earlier this year; in hindsight it seems like I had good timing...

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does this mean ?

Arghhhhh! You fellow TUGgers feel your pain.

If it were me I'd call them on the phone when I had something else to do for the 30-45 minute
hold time. Let us all know (please) if they are being sincere in trying to book you in a nearby
resort, hotel, or cruise for the same time period.

Otherwise I'd take the 25% bonus in points and run away into the next use year. (But the recent
rumor here is that the first 100% is for this year only, and the 25% bonus goes to next year.
Really? Can that be right??)

And FWIW in the future Southwest Airlines allows almost free cancellations up to 15 minutes before the flight time...

Good luck!!

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arghhhhh! You fellow TUGgers feel your pain.

If it were me I'd call them on the phone when I had something else to do for the 30-45 minute
hold time. Let us all know (please) if they are being sincere in trying to book you in a nearby

Otherwise I'd take the 25% bonus in points and run away into the next use year. (But the recent
rumor here is that the first 100% is for this year only, and the 25% bonus goes to next year.

And FWIW in the future Southwest Airlines allows almost free cancellations up to 15 minutes before the flight time...

Good luck!!

Yup , waited 45 minutes and explained everything and he said there was absolutely nothing I could do.

jercal10

Reaction score
They have now opened up Feb availability @ Sea Gardens and palm aire. Nothing yet on Royal or santa.

Capitalb

TUG Member
Reaction score

Our reservation at Palm Aire was cancelled. They booked a unit at Ocean Ridge (not very close, but we like it there) and all points (including the 25% bonus) are being moved to 2018 use year.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our reservation at Palm Aire was cancelled. They booked a unit at Ocean Ridge (not very close, but we like it there) and all points (including the 25% bonus) are being moved to 2018 use year.

I'm not sure I understand. They booked you another place and gave you your points plus 25 % back ? Are you a wyndham owner or other ?

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I would be hesitant to book or reschedule a booking at any of the costal Wyndham properties in the Fort Lauderdale/Pompano area for Feb. Our DS who works for a major restoration company has sworn me to secrecy, but he says he'll be working down there until the spring!

~Diane

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand. They booked you another place and gave you your points plus 25 % back ? Are you a wyndham owner or other ?

A number of Wyndham reps have said they pull inventory for the people that were affected by the weather.

Capitalb

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I should have been clearer. We still had enough 2017 points for the Ocean Ridge reservation. So they were able to move all the cancelled points to the new use year. They did not waive the transaction fee though....which I was slightly annoyed by, but I'm already over it.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have to use your points for the new reservation and then got your old reservation points plus any extra points? Or did you get the points and a new reservation for just a transaction fee?

Capitalb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have to use your points for the new reservation and then got your old reservation points plus any extra points? Or did you get the points and a new reservation for just a transaction fee?
I had one reservation transaction remaining. The cancellation took one RT, then to book the new reservation I had to pay the fee.