• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Transfer Time

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Called yesterday to check on a resale I bought back in September. The resale was bought on ebay from Sean's Timeshare. Everything went smooth as well as the transfer group he uses. They have online tracking system for updates concerning your transfer. I'm now waiting on Wyndham! Got in touch with the lovely folks at Wyndham they are still processing transfer for July. :ponder::ponder::ponder::ponder::doh::doh::doh::doh::clap::clap::clap:

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started some before that. Still not transferred. Patience is the key these days.

WhoDey

Reaction score
I got documents from wyndham In the mail about 2-3 weeks ago. The transfer documents where the ones where you have to get them notarized. Usually About how long from receiving those docs is the wait. Am I still looking at about another 5 weeks or so.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My last contract took 11 weeks for Wyndham to process the transfer. They received the paperwork on July 21 and the points were in my account on October 10. The longest time it ever took for me was 1 year! It took so long the seller and I thought we cancelled the sale and I got my $100 back. Then, a year later, the points suddenly appeared in my account! I thought it was a mistake because I had forgotten all about the "cancelled" transfer. When I called Wyndham about it, they gave me the name of the previous owner and I realized what had happened. I still don't know if Wyndham took a whole year or if the seller re-submitted it at some point. Since the points were already in my account, I didn't bother to contact the seller to find out.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
And then if you happen to have a typo or error on the deed you go back to the bottom of the stack when it is corrected. Back to square 1 of the wait. I'm trying to change my mindset and just assume that we won't be able to use the points next year from either contract we have in transfer right now...or if we do, it will be slim pickings for the times and locations we were hoping for - time will tell. I can't get too nuts about it since both were either freebies or minimal cost to us, but if we had a decent chunk of change invested I'd be pretty steamed with the length of time this takes.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago a poster said they had called Wyndham and told they were working on contracts from Sept 4.

I called yesterday and was told they were working on contracts from Sept 4.

Time stands still.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago a poster said they had called Wyndham and told they were working on contracts from Sept 4.

I called yesterday and was told they were working on contracts from Sept 4.

Time stands still.

Is yours a deeded or CWA?

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Called wyndham yesterday they told me any day now I should receive the letter from them that i have to notarize and send back. I purchased a CWA resale in September. Very slow process!! She even told me after I send info back it may take another several weeks to process!!

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called wyndham yesterday they told me any day now I should receive the letter from them that i have to notarize and send back. I purchased a CWA resale in September. Very slow process!! She even told me after I send info back it may take another several weeks to process!!

This surprises me because for the last transfer I did (completed in October) I did not have to notarize anything. It was a UDI contract (ie deeded)

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
This surprises me because for the last transfer I did (completed in October) I did not have to notarize anything. It was a UDI contract (ie deeded)

CWA has to be notarized because there is no deed involved.

WhoDey

Reaction score
Called yesterday to find out the status of a contract I won't back at end of Aug. Said They are now working on contrats from Sept 13. Said my notarized paperwork I sent in was submitted on Oct. 16 and I'm still looking at another 4 to 5 weeks for transfer.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called yesterday to find out the status of a contract I won't back at end of Aug. Said They are now working on contrats from Sept 13. Said my notarized paperwork I sent in was submitted on Oct. 16 and I'm still looking at another 4 to 5 weeks for transfer.
So in theory my contract in on Sept 26 has two weeks.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would not bet on theory. It is unfortunate some 2017 points maybe lost.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
The use year was Sept 30, so I wouldn’t have made it anyway. But on track to be in points deposit window, and Mardi Gras Arp for 2019

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
OK, how amazing is this? I bought a small contract (UDI) on Ebay on September 15, and the points were
deposited to my account 2 days ago.

I returned the signed contract on Sept 26, and got the transfer documents from Wyndham on Oct 30, put them
in the mail back to Wyndham the next day, and when I logged in to my account today, there was an orange
banner alerting me that I have points which will expire on Dec 31!

I looked under the points section and saw that they had been credited on Dec 2. So Wyndham only took about
four weeks to do this transfer.

This is only my second purchase, the other one took just under a year from purchase to getting my
member number. That wasn't all Wyndham's fault, I think the seller took their sweet time to get
their act together as to supplying the transfer company with everything they needed, and I think
the transfer company wasn't that efficient either. As I recall, Wyndham took about 12 weeks for that one.

So now I'm scrambling to find a reservation that works. I have a lot of flexibility as a retiree, so I'll
probably find something. If not, well I really wasn't expecting these points until sometime after
the new year, so it's a bonus anyway.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone on another thread advised something to the effect of get while it is good. Wise advise in your case.

bo_mull

Reaction score
We signed closing papers in early Sept. and it finally showed up on my account today.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, how amazing is this? I bought a small contract (UDI) on Ebay on September 15, and the points were

I returned the signed contract on Sept 26, and got the transfer documents from Wyndham on Oct 30, put them
in the mail back to Wyndham the next day, and when I logged in to my account today, there was an orange

I looked under the points section and saw that they had been credited on Dec 2. So Wyndham only took about

This is only my second purchase, the other one took just under a year from purchase to getting my
member number. That wasn't all Wyndham's fault, I think the seller took their sweet time to get
their act together as to supplying the transfer company with everything they needed, and I think
the transfer company wasn't that efficient either. As I recall, Wyndham took about 12 weeks for that one.

So now I'm scrambling to find a reservation that works. I have a lot of flexibility as a retiree, so I'll
probably find something. If not, well I really wasn't expecting these points until sometime after

That's interesting. I purchased 439,000 points August 10 and the transfer broker completed the paperwork and sent it to Wyndham on August 25. Wyndham sent their request for a notarized confirmation of the request to transfer ownership of the contract on September 14. I sent the documents back to Wyndham and received USPS notification that they were delivered on September 21. I'm still waiting to be notified the transfer has been completed and to see the points credited to my account. I spoke with Wyndham transfer services a few weeks ago and learned that they were working on contracts dated August 2. I think you were lucky. Have you received any confirmation of the transfer by mail or is the deposit of points the only evidence you have it was completed? Jim

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's interesting. I purchased 439,000 points August 10 and the transfer broker completed the paperwork and sent it to Wyndham on August 25. Wyndham sent their request for a notarized confirmation of the request to transfer ownership of the contract on September 14. I sent the documents back to Wyndham and received USPS notification that they were delivered on September 21. I'm still waiting to be notified the transfer has been completed. I spoke with Wyndham transfer services a few weeks ago and learned that they were working on contracts dated August 2. I think you were lucky. Have you received any confirmation of the transfer by mail or is the deposit of points the only evidence you have it was completed? Jim

I have a question for you Kaljor. Was the use year of the points you purchased adjusted to coincide with your use year? I'm wondering, if you purchase points in September, as you did, that have a use year beginning on January 1 and ending on December 31, does Wyndham adjust the use year to coincide with your existing use year? Suppose your existing use year begins on July 1, 2017 and ends on June 30, 2018, does Wyndham adjust the availability of transferred points to coincide with your use year and effectively extend their use by six months? Somehow I doubt that.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
There was no confirmation by mail or e-mail. But the information in my account in the points section shows my three use years for these points just the same as my existing contract, and the information under the financial is up to date as to what the Maintenance Fee is and it's already figured in to my Autopay amount. On my earlier purchase which completed in August, I just by chance called Wyndham to inquire about it and was told that my transfer had completed the day before. The woman gave me my member number over the phone and that was it. I didn't get the letter in the mail until about 3 weeks later, and a "Welcome Kit" about a week after that.

The use year on my new contract is the same as on my existing one, so I can't help you with any definite information there, but I have seen in other posts information about how Wyndham will often realign the contracts so they all have the same ending date. What I recall reading is that not only does Wyndham not extend your use, but they will try to shorten the use year to make the new one match. I remember seeing at least one thread here by someone describing how they had to fight Wyndham to get a more fair resolution, such as pro rating the points involved.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was no confirmation by mail or e-mail. But the information in my account in the points section shows my three use years for these points just the same as my existing contract, and the information under the financial is up to date as to what the Maintenance Fee is and it's already figured in to my Autopay amount. On my earlier purchase which completed in August, I just by chance called Wyndham to inquire about it and was told that my transfer had completed the day before. The woman gave me my member number over the phone and that was it. I didn't get the letter in the mail until about 3 weeks later, and a "Welcome Kit" about a week after that.

The use year on my new contract is the same as on my existing one, so I can't help you with any definite information there, but I have seen in other posts information about how Wyndham will often realign the contracts so they all have the same ending date. What I recall reading is that not only does Wyndham not extend your use, but they will try to shorten the use year to make the new one match. I remember seeing at least one thread here by someone describing how they had to fight Wyndham to get a more fair resolution, such as pro rating the points involved.

Thanks for the info, Kaljor, I think I'll call them again tomorrow to keep tabs on this. I've been checking mywyndham.com to see if the newly purchased contract appears but now I'm concerned that there could be a foul-up. I suppose I shouldn't worry because Wyndham will doubtless want to be certain they receive MFs, but who knows? Jim

tsauders

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet. Looking to buy.
Wyndham received my transfer on Sept 18th and completed it Dec 4th. A resale I purchased from e-bay through a transfer group. The last time I called they said they are at 16 weeks from the date they receive it but mine took exactly 11 weeks.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you say Wyndham received my transfer on September 18, do you mean the documents from the transfer company or your response to their letter asking for your confirmation of the sale?

tsauders

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet. Looking to buy.
I mean the documents from the transfer company. I never received any letter asking for confirmation from Wyndham.