• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yahoo finally two winter weeks in Key West, patiently waited for it to happen

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
On my quest to use most of what I own, my hubby wanted winter weeks in Key West. We owned at the Banyan and have been going for a week every November. Key West is his favorite location.

Not only did he want two winter weeks in a row, he wanted them in the same unit and at least a 1br. Even I thought that would be impossible.

I was shocked to see the winter prices in Old Key West. Galleon and Sunset seemed just out of our range. New Key West was not an option. He wanted to be in town.

So my quest was for two consecutive weeks at the Banyan,( my favorite because of location, price and maintenance fees) at a reasonable price for old key west. My week range was week 3-6. We live in the Carolinas so by mid February overall weather is ok.

So I’ve been looking for 3 years and when I got a last minute trade into the Galleon this past January I decided to visit the realtor at Banyan. I realized looking at the resale’s that there were two weeks in the same unit for weeks 3 and 4 but by different owners (she missed it). Decided to make an offer to each owner contingent on the other unit happening too.

The most current listing accepted, the other did not answer the agents, call or emails. She sent a letter and finally heard from them. They decided not to sell. A few weeks passed and the wife of the unit called to say we decided to sell, my husband wants to. So as of right now I have two consecitive weeks in the same unit for weeks 3 and 4, 1 bedroom , at the Banyan that I love for a price I can be happy with.

Must say this is the most I ever spent for timeshares but I did my homework and know I got them at a very good price. They will never be traded, I always will use them.

I shared this story to show again ,whether it’s free or for a price, eventually most timeshares become available at the right place and time at the right price if you wait and have patience. Those needles in a haystack do exist.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
On my quest to use most of what I own, my hubby wanted winter weeks in Key West. We owned at the Banyan and have been going for a week every November. Key West is his favorite location.

Not only did he want two winter weeks in a row, he wanted them in the same unit and at least a 1br. Even I thought that would be impossible.

I was shocked to see the winter prices in Old Key West. Galleon and Sunset seemed just out of our range. New Key West was not an option. He wanted to be in town.

So my quest was for two consecutive weeks at the Banyan,( my favorite because of location, price and maintenance fees) at a reasonable price for old key west. My week range was week 3-6. We live in the Carolinas so by mid February overall weather is ok.

So I’ve been looking for 3 years and when I got a last minute trade into the Galleon this past January I decided to visit the realtor at Banyan. I realized looking at the resale’s that there were two weeks in the same unit for weeks 3 and 4 but by different owners (she missed it). Decided to make an offer to each owner contingent on the other unit happening too.

The most current listing accepted, the other did not answer the agents, call or emails. She sent a letter and finally heard from them. They decided not to sell. A few weeks passed and the wife of the unit called to say we decided to sell, my husband wants to. So as of right now I have two consecitive weeks in the same unit for weeks 3 and 4, 1 bedroom , at the Banyan that I love for a price I can be happy with.

Must say this is the most I ever spent for timeshares but I did my homework and know I got them at a very good price. They will never be traded, I always will use them.

I shared this story to show again ,whether it’s free or for a price, eventually most timeshares become available at the right place and time at the right price if you wait and have patience. Those needles in a haystack do exist.
I am very happy for you. This is a great post that all people in the market for a resale timeshare should read. Unless you are Bill Gates and can afford what ever you want then the key to getting value for your money in the TS world is patience.

As my mother always said, "All good things come to those who wait."

Congratulations and enjoy your new purchases.....even if you do have to wait until next year!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

You are such an inspiration to me, I too, I'm trying to be patient and acquire units I will actually use vs trade...thanks for sharing your story.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
IMO the Banyan is the most desirable TS in Key West. Congratulations!

George
I agree it is the best. I love the Banyan. I can’t understand why II has no silver designation at minimum. Banyan has all upgraded rooms, two outdoor pools, jacuzzi and one block from the middle of town but in a private oasis of beautiful trees with a true Old Key West feel.