• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your Last Meal?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were to die tomorrow: Fried chicken, baked macaroni & cheese (my wife's), homemade potato salad, and collard greens (my sis-in-law).....and quite a few beers. And Cornbread

U may say that's why you're having your last meal, but I don't have my favorite meal often..

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Mom's spaghetti and meatballs as she made when we were kids, with some leftover pork sliced into the sauce that gave the most amazing tang to it. Grandma's "greasy salad". A piece of grocery store "French" bread slathered with butter. A big slice of our family recipe 3-layer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. Oh and an appetizer of half a dozen pieces of See's candy as I wait for my meal.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My Mom’s cooked fried Turkey with her cornbread stuffing, her applesauce cake with a little cherry wine poured on it, her fried chicken, baked macaroni & cheese, and her made from scratch butter hot rolls.

My wife best friend prime rib and all her beef dishes with rice and greens.

My wife, fried chicken wings, her coconut cake, her meat lasagna with salad and her eggs with vegetables in them. I would want all these dishes in small portions for my last meal.

Plus to drink lemonade with ice tea half & half. LOL

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Both eggplant and shrimp parmigiana with linguini and a giant hot fudge ice cream sundae with soft serve vanilla ice cream with walnuts and whipped cream. Oh- and maple creme brule.

I also want a couple of White Russians made with light cream. Or Irish Cream Liquor to drink.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Medium Rib Roast with real Horse Radish, Mashed Potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, Lots of Gravy, saute sliced Brussel Sprouts, Saute Green Beans, Chocolate Mayo Cake with Home Made Caramel Icing, and Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
For a first course.....Scotch.
2nd.....Whisky
3rd......Whiskey
dessert? Who cares?

:)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
I would lose my appetite knowing that I am going to die the following day. But if I could stomach anything, probably Cheetos, Cheetos and more Cheetos.

Don't forget the Red Wine. Sometimes when neither of us feel like cooking and we are not very hungry Patti will have Crunchy Cheetos for dinner with Red Wine.

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
My fried chicken wings and potato salad. Ribeye steak. Lightly fried oysters with Heinz ketchup. Golden Oreo cookies. A Hershey bar with almonds.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Filet Mignon (Med-Rare) with Bearnaise sauce.
Au Gratin Potatoes.
Fried Apples (w-brown sugar + cinnamon).
Baked Alaska or Tiramisu (or both).
Wine: 2011 Biondi-Santi Brunello di Montalcino.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Don't forget the Red Wine. Sometimes when neither of us feel like cooking and we are not very hungry Patti will have Crunchy Cheetos for dinner with Red Wine.

Sounds like me with popcorn and white wine! LOL!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
My fried chicken wings and potato salad. Ribeye steak. Lightly fried oysters with Heinz ketchup. Golden Oreo cookies. A Hershey bar with almonds.

For me, I would start with tenderly sautéed sea scallops in a white wine and dill sauce. Then escalopes de veau Normande (veal scallops in a Calvados and cream sauce) with rice and my carrots rosemary. A salad verte to cleanse the palate and then finish with crème caramel.

If I still had some time left, I might then head to Charleston to enjoy some of Glynda's fried chicken wings and potato salad and definitely to steal some of her Golden Oreo cookies!! :D:D:D

Lucky for her that I prefer my oysters raw, on the half shell, and that I will probably be too full by then to swipe any of the ribeye! :p

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Filet Mignon (Med-Rare) with Bearnaise sauce.
Au Gratin Potatoes.
Fried Apples (w-brown sugar + cinnamon).
Baked Alaska or Tiramisu (or both).
Wine: 2011 Biondi-Santi Brunello di Montalcino.

Just after we met, I blew Cliff's skirt up by telling him the dinner menu included "old rotten potatoes". He misheard me, but forever after au gratin has been "old rotten" in our house.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Medium Rib Roast with real Horse Radish, Mashed Potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, Lots of Gravy, saute sliced Brussel Sprouts, Saute Green Beans, Chocolate Mayo Cake with Home Made Caramel Icing, and Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream.
This sounds wonderful to me, but that 'last meal' bit, not so much. If I eat a little lower on the critter, can I have more of 'em?
Just back fom Asia and had some of the best meals of my life. Kobe beef hibachi grillet at the table, The BEST sashimi at the 'tuna fishing Capitol of Japan' (It was heavenly) and some special 'flash smoked' (straw wrapped and flash-fired) Bonito sitting side-by side with locals.

Jim

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...saute sliced Brussel Sprouts...

I had Brussel sprouts once (as a child)... Never again.
A better option: Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, baked and drizzled with garlic butter.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I had Brussel sprouts once (as a child)... Never again.
A better option: Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, baked and drizzled with garlic butter.

Oh- but oven roasted with cheese melted over them....

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Brussel Sprouts sliced and cooked in a Skillet with balsamic vinegar, etc. Not boiled whole.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Roast Tenderloin of beef with mushroom gravy, Scalloped potatoes,fordhook lima beans smothered in butter, caprese salad, lionhouse rolls and cream puffs.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
For me, I would start with tenderly sautéed sea scallops in a white wine and dill sauce. Then escalopes de veau Normande (veal scallops in a Calvados and cream sauce) with rice and my carrots rosemary. A salad verte to cleanse the palate and then finish with crème caramel.

If I still had some time left, I might then head to Charleston to enjoy some of Glynda's fried chicken wings and potato salad and definitely to steal some of her Golden Oreo cookies!! :D:D:D

Lucky for her that I prefer my oysters raw, on the half shell, and that I will probably be too full by then to swipe any of the ribeye! :p

Sounds really good! So, while I'm waiting for the chicken and oysters to fry, I'll take half of your raw oysters. But keep your mitts off my Golden Oreo cookies! :D:D

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Lobster, spaghetti and meat balls, and Korean bbq. Then I will try to die happy.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
For my last meal the important things would be company and location. It would be my wife at a beach. The food would be a fish taco with a Snapple diet peach tea. Its who, where and what we did tonight, lol.

Bill

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Favorite desert (after baked Alaska or tiramisu)...
A 2-layer poppy-seed cake with vanilla sauce on the lower level and a chocolate shell over the top.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For me it would be a fresh fried fisherman's platter with sea scallops, shrimp and flounder and some good cole slaw. A piece of cheesecake to finish it off.