• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your opinion on the usability of one-plus-one??

michelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Similar questions have been asked on Ask RCI, but I would like TUGgers' opinions.

- What is the best use of a one-plus-one?
- Do you ever see quality resorts?
- Are the dates typically for low season?
- Does inventory increase as the dates get closer? I.e do you get better options if you can travel last minute?
- The list of areas that will give you a 1+1 if you trade into it - why those areas?
- Is this just another marketing ploy by RCI to a) get you to pay for a week and b) offer you an Extra Vacation, at an "extra" price?
- If it is just a marketing ploy, why does it seem that we constantly have to remind RCI to add the weeks to our accounts?

- Any other questions I have missed of which the answers might help?

I have made 3 international online exchanges in the last year. According to Madge, because the exchanges were made online, one-plus-one weeks should have been placed in my account automatically. But on all 3 occasions, I had to phone RCI a week or so after the exchange to remind them to add the week.

Plus it seems that the RCI system can confuse the VGs: she mentioned that because Extra Vacations are shown on the same window as 1+1 inventory that some VG's have problems distinguising/explaining to callers what their options are.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
I've got a million of them and they are just about useless. Just another way to move truly excess inventory.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My opinion

I recently had to get the RCI communications team involved to get 2 one plus ones for 2 exchanges I made. They are now in my account.

First of all, they should automatically go into your account. If not for TUG, I wouldn't have known that I was eligible for them. I talked to 3 different VG and all gave me a different story concerning them and why I didn't get them. All their stories were incorrect.

Secondly, there should be a way to search with them on line. I shouldn't have to call a VG to use them.

Except for getting what I should get, I think they are useless.

Has anybody used one with success?

Nancy

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Nancy said:
Has anybody used one with success? Nancy
Several years ago I think I used a couple, availability was better and price was cheaper. Of late I've had no luck getting anything worthwhile.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gotten Cabo summer weeks

I have gotten Cabo late summer weeks - I believe Labor Day last year at Pueblo Bonito Sunset and I was pleased with that. The availability did not become widespread until around April. I happen to like Cabo in the summer but others find it pretty hot. Funtime

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Useless

I had several and was never able to do a thing with them before they expired.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think of I have seven right now. I use maybe one a year, if the situation permits it. It used to be easier to use them but not so any more. What else is new with RCI, nothing works like it used to.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used two- one for Shawnee at the end of May and one for Vacation Village @ Bonaventue in October. We enjoyed both trips.

Dori

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spence said:
Several years ago I think I used a couple, availability was better and price was cheaper. Of late I've had no luck getting anything worthwhile.

I thought there was just one price for US One-Plus-Ones and one price for overseas. Could you explain more about the prices?

Thanks

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge stated that as of January 1 prices for one plus ones became variable depending on the resort, but still less than extra vacations. I was told by RCI that they are only good for excess inventory which are usually weeks nobody wants to travel to that location. The VGs are hopelessly confused about the difference between Extra Vacations and One Plus Ones. :cool:

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
They are good for off-season weeks, excess inventory like you see on Extra Vacations.