• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone ever tried to get Christmas week at Village d'Ile de France?

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like to visit the resort before we go skiing and it is sort of half way between our home and the ski resorts, if we stay in France for skiing. We only do this once every 2 or 3 years though - the other years we travel elsewhere.

Normally I rent it from the Marriott website, for 1500 Euro or so for the week, for a 2 bedroom unit. However, we very much prefer 3 bedroom units, which of course are not readily available through the website.

We own gold and platinum Playa Andaluza, 3 bedroom weeks - but I don't want to use these weeks to get that week in France - we use these weeks ourselves, and if not, there are always friends and relatives who want to stay there. Besides, from what I can see, even the gold weeks would get much more valuable trades than that week 51 in France.

Questions:
1. Has anyone here ever tried to get that specific week? Or, have you seen this week as a Getaway?
2. If so, what did it take to get it as a trade?
3. Should I purchase a silver week at the resort? (Found 1 for 7K, 3 bedroom silver. But, I don't really want to have more mf's than we do have now.)
4. Would 7K be a good price for a 3 bedroom silver week?
5. Do you think I should be able to get it with a non-Marriott week as a trade?
6. Would you consider it a good trade if I could find a 3 bedroom silver (christmas week only) with a 3 bedroom gold Spain? I wouldn't think so - but I don't know how Christmas week at this resort would trade.
7. Any idea if the resort sells eoy weeks? Don't want to call my sales rep as she will keep haunting me for weeks..:(

Clearly - I don't see things very well...

Thanks in advance for your time!

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
3. Should I purchase a silver week at the resort? (Found 1 for 7K, 3 bedroom silver. But, I don't really want to have more mf's than we do have now.)
4. Would 7K be a good price for a 3 bedroom silver week?

I am afraid I do not have all the answers, but I can tell you we paid $28,000 for our Gold week 2 bedroom, so 7K seems like a bargain to me.

And yes, the resort does offer EOY deals.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Purchase a silver week if you will use it. But if you are planning on using it for exchanges, you might well be disappointed.

You aren't likely to find a 3BR Christmas week through II. The 3BR units are lockouts, so most owners making an II deposit would split the unit and deposit the segments separately, thus getting two weeks of vacation rather than one.