• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bethel Inn no longer an RCI Member? No longer a timeshare property?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I think we need to hire an Attorney to review the Timeshare Ownership Agreement. I'm particularly interested in number 9 on the second page. It reads;
"9. Termination of Condominium. In the event the Condominium is terminated, the Resort shall from proceeds derived from any sale of the Condominium property distribute such sums as are fair and just to the Timeshare Owner in full liquidation of Timeshare Owner's Timeshare pursuant to the provisions of the Condominium Documents." Any thoughts?

I know nothing about the particulars here. But if the developer/owner is flagrantly breaching their contract with RCI as it appears they likely are -- I would say it is worth checking out if they are meeting their obligations to unit owners.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI is currently suing the Bethel Inn for breach of contract. Apparently their agreement ran through 2025
I don't have a dog in this fight. But if I owned here, this is what would be going through my mind:

Even if somehow RCI prevails in this suit and forces the new ownership to honor the RCI contract, it's fairly obvious that the affiliation agreement is not going to be renewed after 2025. And, if that happens, the current management will not be required to honor deposits, and it is also likely that they won't. So, the writing is on the wall, and it's less than two years away.

This is also a seasonal destination, with some very quiet weeks after leaf-peeping is over but before skiing starts, and after skiing ends but before golf is realistic. I would not be surprised to hear that a lot of those mud-season weeks are in default, and therefore have voting interests not contributing to quorum and/or controlled by the management company. Add to that the claim that the golf course is going the way of the dodo bird, which is going to make those summer weeks less compelling, which will push more weeks into default.

If this is an owner-controlled resort, you have some hope of getting at least the affiliation agreement changed. But, if it is not, it is VERY HARD to vote out current management--particularly if current management controls the voting interests of weeks in default. Even if that's not the case, most owners are apathetic and barely likely to open the proxy letter, let alone vote it in a way other than recommended by management.

Finally, it does not sound like the new ownership is looking to redevelop the property--which would afford some sort of payout to owners in good standing. At least, it does not sound like that is happening anytime soon. They haven't terminated the condominium plan, only the affiliation with RCI. That means the prospect of payout in response to termination is doubtful, and if it happens might be years in the future.

So, putting that all together, I'd be looking for the exits. If the current management company was offering to take those deedbacks at no cost, I would take them up on the offer. Yes, I'm getting screwed out of a little value. But better to be screwed a little than screwed a lot, and those seem like the options.

Barnyard

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bethel Inn
None of us know who each other is. There are potentially hundreds of time share unit owners. Who said anything about the condominium being terminated?
The way I see it, they are dropping out of RCI, this has or will devalue what you purchased. Tania Paul sent a letter to most if not all of the Owner's and she state that she is so excited to introduce the Timeshare Giveback Program, an opportunity for you to deed back your timeshare, potentially at no cost to you. That sound like extortion to me but if it's not extortion than what is it? Because it's not what I purchased. Let's face it, they have no intention of keeping it as it was. Remember the first thing they did was drop RCI. That was always their intention. I have attached the letter for reference and for anyone who may not have seen it. I'm working on compiling information, seeking legal counsel to see if it's worth pursuing, and if it is, I will compile a list of owners that didn't take advantage of the great opportunity to give back something I paid for and greatly enjoined.

Attachments

• May 1 2024 Notice of sale letter.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 25

sark47

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bethel INN weeks 6,23,32
I share your concerns about the Bethel Inn. Everyone agrees it is against the law what has been done. I am willing to join a class action law suit against both Allan Conners and Giri Hotels.

sark47

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bethel INN weeks 6,23,32
The way I see it, they are dropping out of RCI, this has or will devalue what you purchased. Tania Paul sent a letter to most if not all of the Owner's and she state that she is so excited to introduce the Timeshare Giveback Program, an opportunity for you to deed back your timeshare, potentially at no cost to you. That sound like extortion to me but if it's not extortion than what is it? Because it's not what I purchased. Let's face it, they have no intention of keeping it as it was. Remember the first thing they did was drop RCI. That was always their intention. I have attached the letter for reference and for anyone who may not have seen it. I'm working on compiling information, seeking legal counsel to see if it's worth pursuing, and if it is, I will compile a list of owners that didn't take advantage of the great opportunity to give back something I paid for and greatly enjoined.
I am with you. I think a class action law suit is the way to go. I figure over 10 million was spent in time share weeks.