• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek Mini Review

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spent at week at Bonnet Creek. The resort was very attractive and the staff was friendly. I was able to check in early (even though against the 4 PM check in rule) because the front desk girl said that following the rule made her day more difficult. The room we requested was ready when we arrived at 2:30. There were no maintenance issues other than the shower door was off track and one outlet sparked when we tried to use it. I fixed the door and had maintenance fix the outlet. A dining chair broke when one of my kids sat on it and they brought a new chair fairly quickly. The beds are not nearly as comfortable as the Marriott beds and the bedding is not as luxurious. The bed cover was thin and stained. My main gripe against the resort is that there was virtually no staff presence around the pool for most of the week. This was bothersome because there were folks violating the no glass no smoking rules. There was also no one picking up trash so there were many cups, bottles, and cans around the pool area. There were no calls pushing time share presentations.

Over all a good stay.

Charles

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tower One I guess; the building where you check in - Puerto de Leon. I told the front desk and they said that they would call security. I was a renter there so I felt like a guest. I think I would have made more of an issue if it was a Marriott.

Charles

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and I'm glad you reported your concerns. That's really the only way to get anything corrected, and to me it's kind of an obligation of a guest to give management a chance to correct issues.

jennifer930

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the info, we are going there on Saturday for a week, it will be our first trip there. These are definitely things we will keep an eye out for and speak up about if we have issues. We are super excited!!! There are 8 of us going, 4 adults and 4 kids (8,6,4,2) and as of right now none of the kids know we are going! I just want to be able to relax and have a good time! I appreciate the info!

jennifer930

Reaction score
I just posted this on one of the other BC threads, but wanted to share with you...

We just got back on Saturday from our first trip to BC. Overall the resort was fantastic!!!! We stayed in Tower 4 with the fireworks view...AWESOME! The transports to the parks was great, we took full advantage. We had a 3 bedroom deluxe and it was very nice. Granted 2 of the burners on the stove didn't work and the phone was disgusting, but other than that no real complaints. I totally agree with you on the sheets and really small and not very comfy pillows.

Other than that, we did take the TUGGERS advice and left the phone off the hook. My husband was TOTALLY annoyed at the check-in when not even 5 mins into our stay they were already pushing the update meeting and even tried to convince him that going on MOTHER'S DAY morning was a viable option...try not even close! We never went to the meetings. That is really the only thing that annoyed us was the constant barrage of them trying to get us to go. My favorite was the phone ringing as we were leaving to go home..."please come to our meeting, you don't need to make your flight!"

The kids and the adults alike had a wonderful time. We didn't take advantage of really any of the activities on-site, as we just didn't have time. But the pools, lazy rivers and kids splash park were used to the fullest.

Awesome, awesome, awesome first experience there! Can't wait to go back!
Jen

Paps

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jen – We are planning a trip and thinking of staying in tower 4 in a 3 bedroom deluxe also. What room did you stay in that had the AWESOME view of the fireworks? I would give up a couple burners for a good view of the fireworks. :rofl: I have heard that the 3 bedroom deluxe units are end units with the balconies on the end of the building facing Epcot, is that true? We can’t wait to go.
Herb

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
My main gripe against the resort is that there was virtually no staff presence around the pool for most of the week. This was bothersome because there were folks violating the no glass no smoking rules. There was also no one picking up trash so there were many cups, bottles, and cans around the pool area.
Just back tonight, and we found zero cleanliness problems at the pools (or anywhere else, for that matter).

There were people smoking at the pools (at least at Towers 5 & 6), but in fairness to the smokers, I did not see any "No Smoking" signs. (I could well have missed them, because this was our first visit and I was mostly trying to find my way around.) Fortunately, for most of our trip, there was about a 30 MPH wind blowing which immediately dissipated the smoke.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Thanks for the review, Charles.

So Jim, I take it you liked Bonnet Creek. I saw where your signature says former DVC owner and wondered how you would like WBC.

I just booked an Extra Vacation through RCI for January 2012 at Bonnet Creek. RCI dropped the prices so I grabbed one.

jennifer930

Reaction score
Paps, we stayed in Room 1264. It was an end unit and the views were awesome! You could see all the fireworks shows going on at the same time. I hope you get a room in that Tower, we were thrilled beyond belief!
Jen