• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

booking RCI thru club wyndham

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Im new to timeshares and will be transferring my remaining use year points into RCI, but when using the club wyndham portal into RCI to see availability im confused about how it works. Im not finding a lot of availability, usually only one day that is green to select. Does that mean ONLY the green highlighted day is available and not able to book multiple consecutive nights from that day?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
What are you searching for?

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Well Ive just randomly been selecting different resorts across the nation and while I have found some consecutive nights its never more then 3. Assuming the calendar has to be consecutive highlighted days for availability there isnt much no matter what date range I put in. And just puting no date, selecting a resort and flipping thru the calendar for the next 2 years most resorts show only 1-2 nights available. The exception has been in Vegas, which the wife and I have talked about returning and we could use those points there but thats pretty limited availability.

Thats the reason Im asking here since I fully admit in new to exchanging into RCI, and am not sure exactly how it works. I sure am not going to call and ask anyone at club Wyndham since they have a bad track record of telling me false information.

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
One other thing Im noticing is that in Orlando not selecting a room type there are 0 Thursdays available for the next 2 years, nor any Thursdays available on any room type you choose. And its every resort in the Orlando area not just one though to be fair ive not checked all of them but probably 25 or so.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
When you click a date, there should be other dates that go with that week.

I clicked on the 14th and the full week shows up as available because the boxes show a full week in this example below:

1710439068342.png

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One other thing Im noticing is that in Orlando not selecting a room type there are 0 Thursdays available for the next 2 years, nor any Thursdays available on any room type you choose. And its every resort in the Orlando area not just one though to be fair ive not checked all of them but probably 25 or so.
Thursdays are not common check-in dates for any timeshare. The only one I know that does have Thursdays in Orlando are Marriott resorts, and those are II (mostly).

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
In the example screenshot im including it shows blackout days in the days ive selected. I did not choose any specific room type, I choose a random resort and random date via the availability calendar. the question I have is only the days that are highlighted Blue are available? Or is it 7 consecutive nights from any day i choose as the start of my stay or do all of the days need to be available on the calendar. For reference this is not a vacation im planning its for example purposes only.

Attachments

• rci.jpg
    rci.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 6

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
When you click a date, there should be other dates that go with that week.

I clicked on the 14th and the full week shows up as available because the boxes show a full week in this example below:

View attachment 89800
i think you were replying as I was and I think I understand your answer that indeed that is available from that start date. not all the days need to show as avaialble only the day you wish to check in correct?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i think you were replying as I was and I think I understand your answer that indeed that is available from that start date. not all the days need to show as avaialble only the day you wish to check in correct?
Sometimes in RCI Points, which you can access as a developer purchaser, dates will be blank because that date isn't available. If you are wanting short stays, unfortunately, RCI doesn't necessarily work all that well.

Some people book a few nights, leaving only a few nights of a week available. Most of us book full weeks. I only book a few nights at a time once a year, 10 months out from whale season on Maui. I book Monday-Wednesday for cheaper airfaire and book our owned weeks to match our full weeks.

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Sometimes in RCI Points, which you can access as a developer purchaser, dates will be blank because that date isn't available. If you are wanting short stays, unfortunately, RCI doesn't necessarily work all that well.

Some people book a few nights, leaving only a few nights of a week available. Most of us book full weeks. I only book a few nights at a time once a year, 10 months out from whale season on Maui. I book Monday-Wednesday for cheaper airfaire and book our owned weeks to match our full weeks.
Coupling your reply showing the dates you selected plus watching a couple of youtube videos about using RCI I think I understand how it works now. I believe the shortest stay we would ever have is 3-4 nights and since they specifically offer 3 night options I think I will be fine assuming Im understanding correctly. All thats left is to try it out.

But having watched the videos I did and seeing last call that brings up a whole new level of questions, is it really possible to get a week at an orlando resort for $299 for the week on last call? Really? or is that $299 a night. Seems way too good to be true. And as I said before Im not trying to book a specific vacation Im just familiarizing myself with that part of the system I just happened to be in the Orlando area last. I plan on an Orlando trip in a few years just using that as an example right now.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last call can really be that cheap, but some of the resorts you see in Last Call have resort fees. Be sure to look at all of the information before paying even $299.

Example we just heard about from a friend here on Maui. They took a Getaway/ Last Call for $400 for the week in Lake Tahoe. When they got to the resort, because it is Diamond/ Hilton, they were told the fees for parking and concierge for $350 total. They were told that Hilton Vacations would make that $350 in fees go away, if they book a timeshare presentation. Nothing was in writing, so they declined the timeshare presentation. Salespeople lie, so there is no trust that the $350 would go away.

Now the week they bought was no longer the bargain they'd hoped for. Diamond/ Hilton charges the parking fees at Orlando resorts of at least $25 per day. That's a ripoff, but people book them and are surprised at check-in. Go into those deals with your eyes wide open. Wyndham, as far as I know, doesn't charge parking fees to exchangers for Bonnet Creek or their other resorts in Orlando. I would not hesitate to book Wyndham via RCI Last Call.

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Last call can really be that cheap, but some of the resorts you see in Last Call have resort fees. Be sure to look at all of the information before paying even $299.

Example we just heard about from a friend here on Maui. They took a Getaway/ Last Call for $400 for the week in Lake Tahoe. When they got to the resort, because it is Diamond/ Hilton, they were told the fees for parking and concierge for $350 total. They were told that Hilton Vacations would make that $350 in fees go away, if they book a timeshare presentation. Nothing was in writing, so they declined the timeshare presentation. Salespeople lie, so there is no trust that the $350 would go away.

Now the week they bought was no longer the bargain they'd hoped for. Diamond/ Hilton charges the parking fees at Orlando resorts of at least $25 per day. That's a ripoff, but people book them and are surprised at check-in. Go into those deals with your eyes wide open. Wyndham, as far as I know, doesn't charge parking fees to exchangers for Bonnet Creek or their other resorts in Orlando. I would not hesitate to book Wyndham via RCI Last Call.
So, if in the Orlando example what if you dont have a car to park? Do you still have a parking fee?