• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Destination Exchange Questions

Sherrica

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Polo Towers & US Collection
Hi Folks, I'm new to this site, but my husband and I have owned for 28 years. I am trying to make lemonade out of my lemons over here.

Background: We have a deeded week at Polo Towers that I refuse to give up (converted to points some 10 years ago) and two separate buys of US Collection Points (got duped on the last buy in November because we were made to believe we were buying into HGV and that was not true it was the same type of points we bought last time, DRI US Collection, but somehow this supposedly gives us the possibility to trade through HGVMax, but with a disproportionately large MF each year -- I hope you feel my pain and don't think I'm an idiot).

I've downloaded and read all of the guides that I'm aware of and searched this site and still have some questions.
We have other travel already booked for next year and one TS week booked and won't be able to use the rest of the points (I intend to convert the 2024 points and the bonus points that we won't be able to use to Hilton Honors points), but this year I have $30K+ points (and I don't want to pay to roll over my base points because I'm already booked up for next year, plus I should have $18K and it's only showing $7800 can be rolled over so that's not worth messing with right now), so I want to deposit into DEX.

1) Is there a fee to deposit?
2) How many deposits can I make? Do I max out at 1 deposit of 12K (Tier 6) and lose the remainder of my points? Or can I make multiple smaller deposits to be used separately?
3) When I go to book through DEX, I take it I don't get any points back if I have a Tier 6 deposit and the week I book is only a Tier 4? Is that accurate?
4) What's the cost to book a week through DEX? Is it still $149?
5) Is there an option I'm missing?

Thank you in advance for your insight!

rpennisi

Reaction score
I have a Polo Towers deeded week since 2008, not points. For the past two years paid weeks, I deposited into Destination Exchange. My weeks are considered Tier 5, free to deposit. Membership free for 10 years.
I recently booked a Palm Springs week using one of my deposits (deposits good for 5 years) which was a Tier 4. I get nothing back for that difference. However according their chart, If I booked a Tier 1 or 2, I would get two weeks for one banked level 5 week.
Online it's $149 to exchange, $159 using an agent. Deposits are good for 5 years, $75 for insurance to cancel and get the week returned. I used a phone agent because the booking online kept freezing.

Attachments

• Dex Chart.png
    Dex Chart.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 12

Sherrica

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Polo Towers & US Collection
I have a Polo Towers deeded week since 2008, not points. For the past two years paid weeks, I deposited into Destination Exchange. My weeks are considered Tier 5, free to deposit. Membership free for 10 years.
I recently booked a Palm Springs week using one of my deposits (deposits good for 5 years) which was a Tier 4. I get nothing back for that difference. However according their chart, If I booked a Tier 1 or 2, I would get two weeks for one banked level 5 week.
Online it's $149 to exchange, $159 using an agent. Deposits are good for 5 years, $75 for insurance to cancel and get the week returned. I used a phone agent because the booking online kept freezing.
Thank you very much!

NachoDaddy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powhatan Plantation
Price to exchange depends on the level of the owner. As a Platinum member, it costs me $129 to book online. Calling in costs the same. Centum is $119, Gold, is $139, Silver $149.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Price to exchange depends on the level of the owner. As a Platinum member, it costs me $129 to book online. Calling in costs the same. Centum is $119, Gold, is $139, Silver $149.
I guess those costs are for those who have points not weeks(?), because I have never seen those classifications for my week.

NachoDaddy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powhatan Plantation
I guess those costs are for those who have points not weeks(?), because I have never seen those classifications for my week.
Correct. That is the pricing for point owners who utilize DEX.