• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Luggage Tags for SPG Platinums

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are an SPG Platinum member and would like two free "limited-edition" luggage tags, click here and enter your SPG number by December 18, 2009 at 12 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

If you are not an SPG Plat, you can still order 100 orange luggage tags with the logo for the Los Cabos SVO property that was cancelled by SVO well over a year ago, here. These will continue to be available until someone at SVO figures out how to either edit the selection list or secure the linked site.

Didn't Grandma say she wanted one of these for Christmas this year? I'm so confused though, should I have it embroidered with the name of a cancelled SVO project or just have it say "Villa Rentals." Which one would be classier?

-nodge

Bill4728

Reaction score
If you are not an SPG Plat, you can still order 100 orange luggage tags with the logo for the Los Cabos SVO property that was cancelled by SVO well over a year ago, here. These will continue to be available until someone at SVO figures out how to either edit the selection list or secure the linked site.

They want $4.00 per tag and you must order a minimum of 100!! :wall:

That $400 for the 100 tags. I don't think so?? :crash:

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
If you are an SPG Platinum member and would like two free "limited-edition" luggage tags, click here and enter your SPG number by December 18, 2009 at 12 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Didn't Grandma say she wanted one of these for Christmas this year? I'm so confused though, should I have it embroidered with the name of a cancelled SVO project or just have it say "Villa Rentals." Which one would be classier?

-nodge

Seems to let me through using a Gold number...

Last edited:

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill, ... The only entities that would buy in 100 tag lots would be the resorts for use of the tags as trinket "give aways" or "gifts" to visitors. It's an internal promotion for the Starwood resorts and hotels; not Starwood owners.

nodge has posted a link to the online store for "promotional products" and then described it as if it was a link to a Starwood retail store ("If you are not an SPG Plat, you can still order...").

I'm surprised that you would not recognize what has been done. ... eom

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's an internal promotion for the Starwood resorts and hotels; not Starwood owners.

nodge has posted a link to the online store for "promotional products" and then described it as if it was a link to a Starwood retail store ("If you are not an SPG Plat, you can still order...").

I'm surprised that you would not recognize what has been done. ... eom

Well then I guess there is no way I could ever order this item from that web page then is there:

IMG_5717.jpg

Oh wait. I already did and that's it sitting on my office conference room table.

Yah know Jarta, it's OK, even just once in a while, to actually investigate something a little before you declare something that you don't actually know as fact. Just a thought, not an attack.

-nodge

Oh Yeah, SVO calls that color "cooked carrot" instead of "orange." I wonder why?

If anyone is looking for that special gift for an SVO exec, or to rub salt into the financial wounds of the folks who actually bought in Los Cabos, here is the link to order one of these hats.

Last edited:

RoshiGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score

-nodge

I'm SPG Plat (through hotel stays) and requested the free tags ... hey, they're free so why not! Last year (2008), qualifying Plats also got a free weekend night stay to be used through April 2010 - hope they do something similar this year.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
RoshiGuy, ... "I'm SPG Plat (through hotel stays) and requested the free tags ... hey, they're free so why not!

So am I (5* Elite for SPG Plat.) and I requested them too. Why not! They are free. And, that's my point.

Please check the link that was posted. In the left hand column it says it is for promotional materials. Very few owners spend their own money to promote Starwood. They, like you and I do, rely on those freebies that are given away when you check in and/or attend an Explorer package. I got at least a couple of Starwood resort hats that way!

I just feel it's rather disingenuous to post about the SPG Plat tag freebie and then contrast it with a site and item sold in bulk and obviously designed for resort purchases - not the general public. ... eom

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
RoshiGuy, ... "I'm SPG Plat (through hotel stays) and requested the free tags ... hey, they're free so why not!

So am I (5* Elite for SPG Plat.) and I requested them too. Why not! They are free. And, that's my point.

You're welcome.

I just feel . . . .

What!?! I thought you were a fact man?

If it's all about feelings now, I can do those too. In fact, they're my specialty.

How do you think these folks felt when SVO abandoned the Los Cabos project after purchasing it from Raintree and then dropping it thereby leaving purchasers with this lousy deal?

How do you think this SVO owner felt when SVO changed the 5 star elite StarOption qualification standard without any warning or notice?

How do you think these thousands of people felt when SVO removed the elite upgrade benefit while the ink was still drying on their elite enrollment forms that promised this benefit as its biggest draw?

Don't even get me started about II and maintenance fees.

The list goes on and on.

Shhh, I don’t want to reveal too much, after all I’m just an incompetent boob that likes to ramble on, but it is really just a matter of time before you end up on that list too, if you haven’t already. But somehow I'm guessing that, like a battered spouse who tells everyone that they just fell down the stairs and he's (SVO's) really a good man when he's sober (not screwing owners), you'll have to figure that one out on your own.

Wise men can learn from others’ mistakes.

SBYM

-nodge

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FWIW, they sent out a similar email to gold members, too. I requested my tags today.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wise men can learn from others’ mistakes.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We are having fun today! :wave:

600full-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.