• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Headed to Village d'ile-de-France - Have questions

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am comfortable driving on busy highways in hectic traffic. I regularly drive the 401 in Toronto (busiest highway in North America). I have driven in other major cities, including LA freeways. I have driven in the UK, The French Alps, Germany, Austria and Italy. Comfortable with all the above.

I had a rental in France and took it into Paris for two days. I would never do that again. No problem driving in France. Driving in Paris is wild. Not for the faint of heart. LA and New York have nothing on it.
Agreed! We have loved having a car in rural-ish, outlying and ex-urban areas (ie where most timeshares are) in almost every European country, including France -- we could see so much more, have more daylight hours due to limited public transportation schedules, and much more on our own schedule. Driving *in* Paris was a nightmare (and time-consuming), never again! Never again in Florence! Etc. Thereafter we would plan to drive to and park at a train station close enough to quickly get to and from certain city centers, when we expected city touring to be just part of a week. For traveling to mostly see those cities themselves (or a car-free town of course), stay closer, or in, city center. Exception was Switzerland, where train, bus, cable car and boat systems are so vast, on time, and go so many places cars can't.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Do you pay the bus fare in Euros ( cash) on boarding, or do you need to have a pre- purchased ticket?

Does the bus which stops outside the Marriott go to the Archana supermarket?
You pay on boarding, I'm assuming you can pay by contactless now but the option wasn't available when we last went in 2018.

The bus does go to the Val d'Europe mall where Auchan is located although I never took the bus there as I always drove so I can't tell you how close any of the bus stops are to the supermarket. I wouldn't imagine they are far, there will be several as the mall is very large and the expectation would be that you wouldn't have far to carry your grocery shopping to reach the bus.

We used the bus to travel to Disneyland and to the train station outside DLP in order to take the train into Paris. Everywhere else we drove.

oldred

Reaction score
We went to Auchan yesterday. Got on the #34 bus handing the driver 5 Euros. Got off the bus at Val d'Europe (the last stop) and walked to the mall. It's not far but how to describe the way I'm not sure. We're here another ten days so I'll try to pay attention nest time and get back here. At the last stop we bought four bus fare tickets. Got on the bus and the ticket reader wouldn't read them. We just sat down and got off when back at the stop outside Vill d'Île-de-France.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Does anyone have an email address for this resort? I can only find a phone number online. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Does anyone have an email address for this resort? I can only find a phone number online. Thanks.

Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France
1 Allee de l'Orme Rond, Bailly-Romainvilliers, France, 77700
Tel: +33 1-60429000

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France
1 Allee de l'Orme Rond, Bailly-Romainvilliers, France, 77700
Tel: +33 1-60429000

Yes, but email?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All - OP here with a quick update and a plea for guidance on transporation. I have read all that I can, but it isn't sinking in, maybe it will when we get there.
1. We will be at MVC property the entire time.
2. We will not have a rental.
3. Going to Disney for 3 days
4. Going to City of Paris for 2 days and will secure some sort of tour for both those days.

Do I have this correct?
From CDG to MVC there is a high speed train that takes you to the train station at Disney Paris. From Disney Paris we then take a bus to MVC with all our luggage??
To/From MVC to Disney Paris, we take a bus oustide the resort to a train station which is at Disney Paris.
To/From MVC into City of Paris, we take a bus to a train station that will bring us into the city.

There is mention about some sort of card to purchase that covers transporation. Is that for all of the above? Where do I purchase this from or can we just pay as we go?

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the absence of more familiar travellers to this resort, here is my advice/experience.

CDG to MVC, get a cab, yes you can go by public transport, but the driveway to check-in alone, from the public bus stop, isn't great if you have more than light luggage.
MVC to Disney Paris - yes as you say
MVC to Paris city - yes as you say

Here is a link to public transport tickets. I've not used it, but this looks like the right info.