• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to get an "Extra" or "Bonus" Week when Depositing?

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am brand new to depositing, exchanging and all of that. I have a banked week that came with my just completed TS purchase and have already identified where we are probably going to go (Sedona) in 2008 using the banked 2007 week.

I am able to bank my week (fixed hot summer Cape Cod studio - RCI) up to 2 years in advance but am obviously closer to the 14 month mark for depositing 2008.

I'd like to try to get a bonus week or AC or whatever the various exchanges call them. Would I have a better chance of getting an "extra" week if I go with one of the independents vs. RCI? Does RCI do "extra" weeks (I have read so much that at times it gets all muddled on me!)? Do I call the various exchanges and simply ask if I would get one if I deposited with them?

We are interested in going "out West" for exchanges and would either use an extra week to extend that trip or use it for a summer FL week as a drive to destination for a change of pace. I do understand that extra weeks have limitations on times, places, etc. .... how would I find out ahead of depositing (if I even can) where the extra week would be good for?

Any info would be most appreciated! I find that if I know SOMETHING before calling places for information, I get better results as I have a better idea of what to ask and follow up on.

TIA!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Bonus Weeks, Shmonus Weeks.

I have never understood bonus weeks, bonus time, extra vacations, or any of those as anything all that special. But they sure sound swell when the timeshare sales people are laying them on as part of what I'll get if I whip out my checkbook & pay full freight for the timeshare weeks or points or both that they're trying to sell me.

I'm pretty sure RCI offers Extra Vacations just about whenever I want'm -- I just see what's available at the RCI web site, note the cost, decide if it's a good deal, & go for it if it is. Not only that, at 45 days & sooner before check-in, those "extra vacations" that are still up for grabs show up on the RCI Last Call list for bargain-basement rates. We've signed up for several of those.

AC by contrast is some kind of I-I phenomenon, so whereas I know just a little about RCI, I know zero about I-I -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Janie

Reaction score
Don't think RCI gives bonus weeks for deposit anymore...

I used to here about that from time to time, but it seemed to be only for resorts that had some sort of special arrangement with RCI.

It is, however, very common to get some type of bonus week when you actually make an exchange. They just show up in your account. I have four of them right now. The reason I have so many is that they are pretty much useless: they have very poor trading power. If you can do off-season Orlando, Branson, or Williamsburg, or the desert in August, they might work for you.

DAE gives bonus weeks for 2 BR or larger deposits in prime summer season.

SFX gives bonus weeks for certain deposits in prime season, but they don't accept studios at all unless they are London or Manhattan properties. And they only accept certain resorts: a Cape Cod studio is not likely to qualify.

Is your resort dual-affliated with II? I think that would be your best chance to get an AC. (But studios in II do not trade very well, even if they are high-demand locations.)

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Also, I believe that studios are not eligible for ACs with II. The deposit must be at least a full 1BR unit to qualify.

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah, well, guess it's not going to happen for me then. Worth asking about though!

Thanks for the info!

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont understand it either. About 5 years ago I got an AC for my low baller at Myrtle Beach. Its October and on Tug scale its a 5+. Last year II said I would get another AC for this same resort but I had already deposited it with RCI. I get super good trades with it, too. I have only been there once and probably will never go back there. :shrug:

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
bonus weeks

If your resort qualifies for SFX, you can deposit with them right now and earn a bonus week. You also get a third bonus week in Mexico. I should point out that these bonus weeks are not free, but no additional deposit is needed.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I've been looking on line for an AC to show up for a deposit I just made. And to my surprise 2 AC showed up. One was the one I was waiting for BUT the second was secondary to an instant exchange. I didn't think you could get an AC for an instant exchange.

( for newbies: an instant exchange is when you search for an exchange using a week that you haven't yet deposited. Then if you find a week, you deposit and instantly exchange it for your desired week.)