• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KBV maintenance and communication [ 2024 MF Thread ]

tango

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that I would start a new post because this issue has come up buried in other threads and deserves its own. I too have not received neither the Managers letter nor a bill for next years maintenance fee. Normally, I get a bill for the maintenance fee, and I pay it and it’s done. This time it seems like I’m supposed to initiate this myself, (unless it is coming in the next few days, which is short notice if it is expected Jan 1). So it seems that whoever is in charge of this has lost my contact info, which should not be the case since I just recently made a reservation. So, now I’m supposed to contact KBV, and ask where and how much I’m supposed to pay, and they would wonder why I was delinquent. It seems like more than just me are having this problem.

benoma88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas
I thought that I would start a new post because this issue has come up buried in other threads and deserves its own. I too have not received neither the Managers letter nor a bill for next years maintenance fee. Normally, I get a bill for the maintenance fee, and I pay it and it’s done. This time it seems like I’m supposed to initiate this myself, (unless it is coming in the next few days, which is short notice if it is expected Jan 1). So it seems that whoever is in charge of this has lost my contact info, which should not be the case since I just recently made a reservation. So, now I’m supposed to contact KBV, and ask where and how much I’m supposed to pay, and they would wonder why I was delinquent. It seems like more than just me are having this problem.
Hello TAngo,
JackNSara replied to our enquiry, I hope Jack doesn't mind that I re-posted reply here in answer to your post:

Aloha,
Given the lack of discussion here, I wonder if I am the only one who got an email (content pasted in) on 12/5/23 from KBV
- - - - -
Aloha PAHIO at Kauai Beach Villas IOA Owner,
On behalf of Kanani Ragasa, General Manager for Kauai Beach Villas, please click here to view the following:
Letter from the General Manager
2024 Budget
Resort Update
Mahalo and Happy Holidays!
- - - - - - -
In case the "here" link does not work, I am pasting it in again
https://expressoprod.com/ClientImages/52_WVO_HOA/PDFLibrary/2023+Expresso+Package+KBVIOA+500.pdf

I can't say I was surprised by how devoid it is of real information other than next year's MFs
Jack

tango

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I saw that. It doesn’t really say what my exact MF is. I mean, I thought that there were more than just 3 categories of timeshares. For example, what about corner units, I thought they were more. Also, where am I supposed to send this payment? I tried calling Owner Services, and got a run around. The number I called with the option for maintenance fees, got me to a lady who said she could not help me, then proceeded to give me the number to call, that I just called. Then she connected me to KBV, and the lady there said she couldn’t help, and gave me an email to try instead (assessmentbilling@wyn.com). So now I’m waiting to hear back from them. Because of the maze that is Wyndham, Pahio, KBV, and different categories of ownership it is never easy to get through, in my experience.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks, I saw that. It doesn’t really say what my exact MF is. I mean, I thought that there were more than just 3 categories of timeshares. For example, what about corner units, I thought they were more. Also, where am I supposed to send this payment? I tried calling Owner Services, and got a run around. The number I called with the option for maintenance fees, got me to a lady who said she could not help me, then proceeded to give me the number to call, that I just called. Then she connected me to KBV, and the lady there said she couldn’t help, and gave me an email to try instead (assessmentbilling@wyn.com). So now I’m waiting to hear back from them. Because of the maze that is Wyndham, Pahio, KBV, and different categories of ownership it is never easy to get through, in my experience.

It can be confusing, but Kauai Beach Villas only has three unit types, for maintenance fee purposes: 1bed1bath (all Garden View, in Buildings A through G), 1bed2bath (either Lagoon or Ocean View, also in Buildings A through G), and 2bed2bath (also either Lagoon or Ocean View, in Buildings A through H.) They make no distinction of view type when assessing Maintenance Fees.

What unit size do you own? Your fees will be one of the above three.

The differences in location for booking is all about which building your deed is in. A through E Building deeded units of any size book as either Lagoon or Garden View units only. F&G Buildings book as Ocean View 1bed2bath and 2bed2bath, plus Garden View 1bed1bath units. And then H Building books for Ocean View Two Bedroom units. There are no 1 bedroom units in H Building.

Dave, (former owner at KBV)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We received our KBV MF bills today (in Northern, CA.) They were postmarked on Dec. 6th, in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We own four, 2 bdm/2 ba units, and they are indeed $1,962.51, not including ARDA ($10.)

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
I received mine today (in Southern California). I own a 1 bedroom 2 bath and mine are around $1600 (don't have the exact amount on me right now)

Badhobbit

Reaction score
I have yet to receive anything but it shows up in my owners account if I go searching. Seems like we aren’t getting appropriate 30 days notice re: these maintenance liens?? Correct? Wyndham customer service, isn’t.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got an electronic version of the letter which includes the new budget. It came a week or so ago. I don’t think it’s been posted to the owner site yet.

tango

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, it looks like our MF bill will come in the mail today. Which seems to be quite late. I wonder why? Has the due date changed?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Because Wyndham is a crappy management company.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
Has anyone received their assessment bill forr a couple hundred dollars??? read the enclose info regarding the new, upcoming assessment; for a 1 bedrm, 2 bath it is $22,960 per week owned. Yes... that is correct!!!! I certainly can't afford that. How are the rest of you going to handle this.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Has anyone received their assessment bill forr a couple hundred dollars??? read the enclose info regarding the new, upcoming assessment; for a 1 bedrm, 2 bath it is $22,960 per week owned. Yes... that is correct!!!! I certainly can't afford that. How are the rest of you going to handle this.
WOW! I used to own 2 of those units. If I still had them, no way could I pay that assessment. I'd have to let them go into foreclosure and take the hit on my credit score. I bet that's what a lot of owners will do.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
Im not worried about te credit hit but any leins or collection practices they might use.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
read the enclose info regarding the new, upcoming assessment; for a 1 bedrm, 2 bath it is $22,960 per week owned.
I am fairly sure that the letter we got for the "small" assessment lists the total for whole owners--it comes from the AOAO, which represents the apartments as apartments, not as individual weeks of each apartment. The total per week owner is 1/52nd of that, or less than $450.

The "big" potential assessment is much bigger, but that one will be contingent on the dissolution vote.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
Look at the letter, dated Jan 22nd showing the small assessment. Now go to Page-4 and read all of the "whereas", etc and the amounts to be charged to each owner. It is a resolution to do the large assessments and say nothing about the vote or what the owners want.

If I am not correct or am reading something else into this... that would make me happy!!! I have tried to upload a copy of that page byt the site will not allow the upload..

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stand by what I wrote above. The longer letter was from the AOAO, not the IOA. The AOAO would list the costs for an entire apartment, of which an interval owner owns 1/52nd.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
I stand by what I wrote above. The longer letter was from the AOAO, not the IOA. The AOAO would list the costs for an entire apartment, of which an interval owner owns 1/52nd.
Technically 1/51. One week has to be reserved by developer for unit maintenance.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Technically 1/51. One week has to be reserved by developer for unit maintenance.
Mathematically, the 1/52nd is correct, because there are 52 weeks in a year. 51 owners will be responsible for the assessment on their week, and the developer will be responsible for the special assessment on the "maintenance" week. 51+1=52. (Not sure who is responsible for the infrequent "53rd week" that every "weeks" timeshare has.)

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Mathematically, the 1/52nd is correct, because there are 52 weeks in a year. 51 owners will be responsible for the assessment on their week, and the developer will be responsible for the special assessment on the "maintenance" week. 51+1=52. (Not sure who is responsible for the infrequent "53rd week" that every "weeks" timeshare has.)
I refer you to Hawaiian regulations and their incorporation intoKBV IOA governance documents to discover that I am correct.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I refer you to Hawaiian regulations and their incorporation intoKBV IOA governance documents to discover that I am correct.
and your reference link is? for any anyone interested to "discover"?