• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchasing Resell points as an existing Wyndham owner

Wildcat24

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Eastern Slope Inn
Is it possible to add points purchased from a reseller to an exist account ownership? I currently have 351,000 pts with Club Wyndham and was offered to purchase points from someone who wants out. If I purchase these points will Club Wyndham allow me to assume the points as part of my ownership, even though I didn't purchase the points directly from them?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Yes. The new purchase points will be added to your total but developer and resale points will be accounted for separately. With an account this size, it won't matter that they are separately accounted for.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Is it possible to add points purchased from a reseller to an exist account ownership? I currently have 351,000 pts with Club Wyndham and was offered to purchase points from someone who wants out. If I purchase these points will Club Wyndham allow me to assume the points as part of my ownership, even though I didn't purchase the points directly from them?
Yep. I’ve acquired 5 resale contracts like this. Just make sure to give the closing company your existing membership number when they do the transfer. You’ll be able to pool the points from every one of your contracts for bookings at the 10 month mark (if the resorts have different ARP). If it’s the same reservation you can use them all during the ARP.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor

Yes, but with some caveats.

If you and the person you are buying from have the same use year, AND Wyndham does it in time, AND they have not used the current use year, then yes, you should get them this use year.
If you have different use years, Wyndham may change the use year of the account you are transferring in to your current use year. Or if the one you are transferring in is a January use year then they might change your use year to January. The best scenario is if you both have January use year accounts, then you would not have to worry about this.

Depending on how long it takes for Wyndham to actually DO the transfer may influence whether or not you get THIS use year's points. Some people have reported that Wyndham will only transfer this use year's points within the first 6 months of the use year. That has not been my experience in the past, but it may be their process now.

It also might depend on who is doing the transfer, or what day of the week it was, or if the person is having a bad day. A lot of it seems like pure luck. It's important when doing the transfer you have the title company doing the transfer know your existing member number so they can have Wyndham associate the contract with your membership account. Otherwise you might end up with 2 separate accounts and have to fix that after the fact.

Regardless, yes, you will get future use years points and you can use them all together in the same account.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since this is OP's first posting, I thought I should mention:

(1) Your newly acquired resale points will *not* be eligible for any developer-points-only privileges,
such as VIP (or temporary VIP) if your developer (Wyndham) purchase got any such privileges.
(2) Resale-purchased points cannot be used for Club Pass exchanges into the Worldmark system.
Others here will advise you to get a small (resale) Worldmark ownership if you intend to stay at
Worldmark locations quite a bit. (Mostly West Coast, but also offbeat locations like Hawaii and even Fiji.)

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, so you would have 351k on the developer side and 1Mil on the resale side. You can use the PR for home resort 14-12 and other PR 12-10. You will have your ARP on your developer points at said resort. Points are points at 10 months out just like other points. And your account will read

Membership Type: Presidential Reserve.