• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recinding

TCo5

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck rescinding outside the window? We just feel so manipulated and I thought that managing this would be much simpler but it's not. It feels as hard as just planning myself. We asked all the right questions and they had all the right answers but it's just not the way they made it our to be. And now we see how many are out there to purchase used for much less. I don't usually fall for this stuff and I feel frustrated about that but I'm almost positive we were profiled and that just feels so gross that it actually makes me sad. It's not that we can't afford it, its that this was supposed to be a timesaving way for us to take family vacations and now I'm having surgery and I was trying to look at some of the emails but it's so time consuming!
Also, I can't find it but does anyone know the correct address for rescind for HGVC?
TIA for any words of wisdom.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How far out are you? Have you used the ownership yet in any way? There was someone here a few months ago that was several days outside rescission and convinced HGVC to cancel the contract. The rescission address will be in your contract.

Edited to add; Here is the link to that thread, also see post #126 as there was an online blog about it too.

TCo5

Reaction score
Two months past. :-( I have used nothing.
I haven't even logged in. I was still trying to slog through all their emails. I am also in grad school which was another reason the draw to having them make vacationing easier was strong. I really love the idea. And we are members in every other way. Even use the credit card.
I cannot find it in my contract. I am hoping someone on here knows it. Thank you for your response!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I haven't even logged in. I was still trying to slog through all their emails. I am also in grad school which was another reason the draw to having them make vacationing easier was strong. I really love the idea. And we are members in every other way. Even use the credit card.
I cannot find it in my contract. I am hoping someone on here knows it. Thank you for your response!
Do you have the rescission clause listed at all in the contract?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
doesnt hurt to try, though id not consider your odds of success very high!

Mr.G

TUG Member
Reaction score
To make you feel better, even for people buying resales, their first purchase is retail

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We bought two developer before discovering resale. We bought the originals in the 1980's and paid WAY too much for what we own. I guarantee that you will get some good use out of what you bought, and you can buy resale to go with what you bought. I personally wouldn't buy anything Diamond, but I would buy Hilton resale in a heartbeat. Hilton is still building new resorts, while other resort systems are stagnant.