• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Selling Westgate - cold call]

beniball

Reaction score
Selling westgate plz help ?

Wondering if I am doing the right thing we have a westgate time share.
still owe on it quite a big sum of money but had this offer from a company in portage wi.
They will sell our rogue timeshare as they call it as westgate is on the rogue list dunno how to find that fact.
But will have to bundle it with a sell worthy timeshare and pay one years maintence fee so it will be moved on. They will not give us one cent for it.
Have to pay closing costs on what we owe and pay the company 1500 for getting rid of the timeshare and payment of lawyers fees ecttt.coming to like $6000 total.
Has anyone heard or delt with wincorp platium out of portage wi.
In return we get to us the companies share of RCI points and stay in VIP hotels for big discounted rates.
Please let me know if this is another scam
Are westgate vactions villas not worth one cent retail I know nothing about who is real and who are scammers.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
..... still owe on it quite a big sum of money but had this offer from a company in portage wi.

Have to pay closing costs on what we owe and pay the company 1500 for getting rid of the timeshare and payment of lawyers fees ecttt.coming to like $6000 total.

Are westgate vactions villas not worth one cent retail I know nothing about who is real and who are scammers.

I'd say it's a scam. Any outfit that wants upfront cash is. Legit businesses take their profit from the sale. Of course, you have 2 problems here. (1) you owe money on it- so can't even give it away, and (2) as you suspect, it isn't worth anything. eBay is full of WVV TSs that even offered for $1 draw no bids.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you the bad news, but probably your only alternative is to pay what you owe on it and learn to use it- or possibly rent it to reduce your cost- until you can give it away.

We wish you the best.

Jim Ricks

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Most Wastegate timeshares aren't worth One Red Cent on resale. If you still owe on the original purchase you are in the red (negative value). However spending annything - especially nerely $6000 with this type of outfit is more money lost! Take that possible payout & deal instead directly with Wastegate. Tell them you will no longer pay & want out. In the end you'll be free of this dog and likely for far less than $6000. Good luck & do not try to deal with this group or you will lose even more.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I am doing the right thing we have a westgate time share. still owe on it quite a big sum of money but had this offer from a company in portage wi.
They will sell our rogue timeshare as they call it as westgate is on the rogue list dunno how to find that fact.
But will have to bundle it with a sell worthy timeshare and pay one years maintenance fee so it will be moved on. They will not give us one cent for it.
Has anyone heard or delt with wincorp platium out of portage wi.
In return we get to us the companies share of RCI points and stay in VIP hotels for big discounted rates.
Are westgate vacations villas not worth one cent retail I know nothing about who is real and who are scammers.

There are questionable companies out there for a fee can transfer a timeshare out of your name to a "judgment free owner" to avoid future maintenance fees. The prevailing thought is sooner or later one or more of the HOA will spend the money to unscramble the egg and void the transfer to the bogus new owner.

The larger issue is that you admit that you owe a balance - The only way they could accomplish a transfer out of your name is if this is a personal loan not secured by a deed of trust. Not withstanding the underlying security there is nothing paying the 6 K they are asking for will do to relieve the balance due on the initial purchase

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good advice, this...

There are questionable companies out there for a fee can transfer a timeshare out of your name to a "judgment free owner" to avoid future maintenance fees. The prevailing thought is sooner or later one or more of the HOA will spend the money to unscramble the egg and void the transfer to the bogus new owner.

The larger issue is that you admit that you owe a balance - The only way they could accomplish a transfer out of your name is if this is a personal loan not secured by a deed of trust. Not withstanding the underlying security there is nothing paying the 6 K they are asking for will do to relieve the balance due on the initial purchase

Very well and accurately stated.

I have highlighted one particular sentence above in red simply because I know it to be absolutely true and correct already at one particular facility at which I own weeks; "sooner" has already arrived there.
A competent semi-retired attorney / BOD member has indeed volunteered to "unscramble" one such egg, pro bono --- in order to later be able to publicly place the head on a pike (figuratively speaking) as a lesson to others who might attempt the same thing.

We'll just have to see how that plays out...

beniball

Reaction score
We were also asked to pay off the timeshare in full which we did by this company by using credit cards with 0% interest free over what period you can between 12 and 24 months. that way they can move it on as the propriety is now paid off from finance.which we have done.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So you already made the mistake! Why ask? Can you still get out? If you can do so as you just likely got taken - again. Good luck - you need it now.

beniball

Reaction score
have not paid a cent to wincorp platinum out of portage wi as of yet. but paid off the timeshare using credit cards as they asked.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So now you can sell or give it away yourself as it's paid off. Don't risk & lose money with sn unnrcessary third party being involved.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
So now you can sell or give it away yourself as it's paid off. Don't risk & lose money with sn unnrcessary third party being involved.

If you can't sell or give it away, offer someone $2000 to take it. You'll still be $4000 ahead and YOU control the transfer.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Better read the fine print of that 0% credit card.