• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

South Seas Resort Update: re: Ft. Myers News-Press

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Thanks Jo! I may book a room for my MIL for Mother's Day. She lives in Florida. We had reserved a week for her then the Hurricane hit and we all know the rest of the story. Captiva is gorgeous.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My neighbor owns two weeks there, owned them long before she moved to Esero. They had an owners update early this week, and the owners are upset. The new management does not like the timeshare people. Some of them have things in their contracts and they will be honored , but others don't have them in and have lost the privileges - like social membership allowing day use. Restaurants are going to be very expensive, $42 for a steak, $18 for a hamburger, golf course is now just par three, those that had free golf will now pay a high price for carts.

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, Pat, I guess if you are going to spend 140 MILLION in improvements, you want to get your money back. But, to me, everything on Sanibel and Captiva are over priced..more so than in the rest of the area.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
PCGirl,
You might want to check things out before you reserve for mother's day. There isn't much open yet and construction and landscaping are still going on. Just one restaurant open and according to others, it is not very popular. It is the one Joann was talking about with the $18 hamburgers. They started out at $20 and went down to $18.

The one good thing, they are running the trolley to Andy Rosse Lane for the restaurants until they open more at South Seas.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Thanks June,she is 75 years old and could not afford those prices. She would only eat out a couple of times . I planned on reserving a unit with a kitchen but she still needs to get around and I for one didn't want to drive the 7 miles to Sanibel when we were there in 2003.

There is special pricing for Floridians in certain counties although she would not be eligible as she lives in Sanford.

Maybe I should just wait for a Sanibel or Sarasota week for her as things are easier to get to,more choices to dine.

We sent her to Marco last year just as another hurricane hit out of the blue on check in weekend.Her 2004 Captiva trip was cancelled due to Charlie. At some point she will have nice weather. She cannot afford trips on her budget and it's one thing we can do for her.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe by next Mother's Day things will be back to normal. They are going to be building more restaurants than they had previous to the hurricane.

We're going down at Thanksgiving. I'm anxious to see what it will be like by then.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm saddened by the report of the changes at South Seas. Sounds like they are going to do their best to keep the riff-raff out. :cool: