• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Solution or Surrender Podcast today - I was a guest!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for inviting me to be on this podcast this afternoon with some owners sharing their stories on how they were misled by exploria resorts, and how one was able to exit!

(i pop in around the 17min mark)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like they have a weekly podcast on the YouTube channel about timeshare. Every Monday at 1pm ET. Looks like four episodes to date. They post so many other video about just about everything that it is a hard channel to subscribe to because you would get bombarded with other video notifications. I will have to put this on my calendar to remind me to tune in live.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Very strange channel format. Reminds me of a local public access TV channel.
I found it odd too. I think though it is some kind of consortium where many unrelated people post their videos and podcasts. Perhaps like a Spotify for YouTube.

I also found it odd that they really don't link to Irene's website and the one link in the video posted above looks like it may be a timeshare exit company. Not sure, perhaps it was auto generated based on something mentioned in the video.

Irene Parker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
This is absolutely NOT a timeshare exit company. I have been a full time volunteer since 2016 having co-founded our nonprofit. The host, Kim Calhoun, is a credentialed journalist, and has generously donated an hour airtime per week to allow those who feel they experienced deceptive practices to air their beliefs. Kim was referred to our nonprofit by a law firm that did not have the heart to charge her given her circumstances. She has been on sabbatical due to a family tragedy and was not planning on doing a new show until she experienced a horrific timeshare sale and was able to resolve her dispute without paying anyone. Please don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. They have 2.4 million viewers which is nothing to sneeze and there have been resolutions because of this Podcast. No good deed goes unpunished.

Irene Parker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
It looks like they have a weekly podcast on the YouTube channel about timeshare. Every Monday at 1pm ET. Looks like four episodes to date. They post so many other video about just about everything that it is a hard channel to subscribe to because you would get bombarded with other video notifications. I will have to put this on my calendar to remind me to tune in live.
I believe you can subscribe to just our show. I was the first to subscribe and I believe, since our first show Feb 26 with Taya, active duty Army, we have 82 subscribers. After sending Wyndham 74 emails since September concerning the SCRA for military borrowers, she did finally hear from Wyndham after I sent their media, legal and Wyndham Cares the link to her interview. Thank you for watching. Comments posted on YouTube are appreciated to support the guest. If you watch the first episode Feb 26 I explain how I got myself into this. a full time volunteer, forfeiting my retirement and this is way more stressful than being a stockbroker.

Irene Parker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
Very strange channel format. Reminds me of a local public access TV channel.
It is a public access TV channel. But they have 2.4 million viewers which is about 2.4 million more viewers than I have. It is broadcast on several platforms here and abroad. Thank you if you watched. It’s already helped several in dispute.

Irene Parker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
I found it odd too. I think though it is some kind of consortium where many unrelated people post their videos and podcasts. Perhaps like a Spotify for YouTube.

I also found it odd that they really don't link to Irene's website and the one link in the video posted above looks like it may be a timeshare exit company. Not sure, perhaps it was auto generated based on something mentioned in the video.
Also, as far as accusing our board and coast to coast volunteers of being an exit company, last week we prevented someone from paying a scam exit company $33,000 (that included $11,000 one year maintenance fees) to be released from 11 Wyndham contracts. I got on the phone with the member and Wyndham and if you listen to first guest Frank, a 23 year Air Force veteran, two weeks ago, we saved him $5000 by advising him to work directly with Capital and he was able to resolve his dispute.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This is absolutely NOT a timeshare exit company. I have been a full time volunteer since 2016 having co-founded our nonprofit. The host, Kim Calhoun, is a credentialed journalist, and has generously donated an hour airtime per week to allow those who feel they experienced deceptive practices to air their beliefs. Kim was referred to our nonprofit by a law firm that did not have the heart to charge her given her circumstances. She has been on sabbatical due to a family tragedy and was not planning on doing a new show until she experienced a horrific timeshare sale and was able to resolve her dispute without paying anyone. Please don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. They have 2.4 million viewers which is nothing to sneeze and there have been resolutions because of this Podcast. No good deed goes unpunished.
Also, as far as accusing our board and coast to coast volunteers of being an exit company, last week we prevented someone from paying a scam exit company $33,000 (that included $11,000 one year maintenance fees) to be released from 11 Wyndham contracts. I got on the phone with the member and Wyndham and if you listen to first guest Frank, a 23 year Air Force veteran, two weeks ago, we saved him $5000 by advising him to work directly with Capital and he was able to resolve his dispute.
Hello Irene, I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying in my post about a timeshare exit company. I was looking for a link to your organization in the YouTube description of the four episodes that have been held to date. I couldn't find one. However, I did find a link in the March 25th description to something called "timeshare solutions plus".
1711589626822.png

That link from the YouTube video description goes to an address in Google Maps for a property in Apple Valley, CA where there is a subsequent link to www dot timesharesolutionsplus dot com.
1711589702458.png

I don't think this is related to you or your organization in any way. Timeshare Solutions Plus appears to be an exit company because their Who We Are page starts out with "We are the nation’s premier timeshare cancelation company."

That first screen shot above is what is in the video description from the March 25th video on the PODTV Shows channel. A problem is that it can't be edited out manually. I think the only way to stop it is to turn off Featured Places and Automatic Concepts in the YouTube video details settings. Based on the channel concept, I am not sure if this is something you or Kim can actually control.

It wasn't wasn't accusing you of being an exit company. Sorry if it somehow came out that way. I would hope that no one who knows me well enough would think I would do that. I am also an advocate for people to avoid timeshare exit scams and I commend you and your organization for doing the work to save people thousands of dollars by avoiding the parasite exit companies. I first came to know about you from videos on the Timeshare Talks for Consumers channel that was hosted by John Raymond

I understand your organization is https://tarda.org/. This link should be included in the video descriptions or added as a pinned comment to the comments section of these videos.

I have my own YouTube channel about timeshares with over 11,000 subscribers, so I know a thing or two about how YouTube works.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I believe you can subscribe to just our show. I was the first to subscribe and I believe, since our first show Feb 26 with Taya, active duty Army, we have 82 subscribers. After sending Wyndham 74 emails since September concerning the SCRA for military borrowers, she did finally hear from Wyndham after I sent their media, legal and Wyndham Cares the link to her interview. Thank you for watching. Comments posted on YouTube are appreciated to support the guest. If you watch the first episode Feb 26 I explain how I got myself into this. a full time volunteer, forfeiting my retirement and this is way more stressful than being a stockbroker.
Unfortunately there isn't a way to subscribe to just your show. The 82 (now 84) subscribers are for the entire PODTV TV Shows YouTube channel which contains over 2,000 livestreams of what looks like dozens of different topics. I believe PODTV must be on multiple other platforms and looking at their site they are on Roku. This is good because the videos on YouTube don't get a lot of views or they get no views at all. It is good to see that your Timeshares Solution or Surrender videos are some of the most watched on the channel. With all that, I have set a calendar reminder to tune in on Mondays at 1pm eastern time to support your videos and work you do.

Last edited:

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a public access TV channel. But they have 2.4 million viewers which is about 2.4 million more viewers than I have. It is broadcast on several platforms here and abroad. Thank you if you watched. It’s already helped several in dispute.
I did watch the episode. Thanks for your work in helping out those in disputes with timeshares.