• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare with low maintenance fees that trades with II

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for timeshares with low maintenance fees that trades with II, I was talking to a couple who mentioned they had some with yearly fees sub $300 in Mexico, I did not get the name of the property.

Thanks
Mike

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, Mike, that low MF may mean low trade power as well. What are you trying to trade for in II? Quality of resort, demand and size all come into play.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are purchasing an II resort with low MFs consider some of the 1 and 4 yr resorts. Massenutten has low MFs and Williamsburg Plantation also... great resale prices also...

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looking to pickup the cheapest timeshare possible in order to have access to II getaways.

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looking to pickup the cheapest timeshare possible in order to have access to II getaways.

OBX II. Make sure you purchase an oceanfront unit. Week 15 or later. I would go as far out as SEPT. MF' S. Two bedroom. 550 this year. It has pulled AC's for me each year.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

A 5,000 credit Worldmark account has an annual maintenance fee of $326, which will probably go up to about $342 in June. It would be good for a blue 1- or 2-BR week at many resorts built before Wyndham. Worldmark has excellent trade power in II, which would be a bonus.

6,000 credit-accounts are easier to find. Their annual fees are currently $426.

There is a cap of 5% for annual MF increases.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I've sent you a PM and an email, GoMike, with a suggestion. :)

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike, I sent you an email.

If you are purchasing an II resort with low MFs consider some of the 1 and 4 yr resorts. Massenutten has low MFs and Williamsburg Plantation also... great resale prices also...
Can you explain what you mean by "1 and 4 yr resorts"?

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
"1 and 4" year resorts...

These resorts only allow persons to trade into them 1 time every 4 years. Also, since you are looking to purchase, I would purchase a resort that also gave me access to II and RCI (which gives you access to some Last Chance deals from $199-$250 in price without depositing a week). My Sheraton Vistana allows me to do this, and they are reasonably price and give you priority booking on all Sheraton resorts within II.

johnmfaeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carriage House at Lake Harmony, Poconos, PA. $242/Year MF.

Units sleeps 2. Reserve during Ski Season and get the MF fee back from rental folks who like the 5 or so decent ski areas within 20 miles.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
These resorts only allow persons to trade into them 1 time every 4 years. Also, since you are looking to purchase, I would purchase a resort that also gave me access to II and RCI (which gives you access to some Last Chance deals from $199-$250 in price without depositing a week). My Sheraton Vistana allows me to do this, and they are reasonably price and give you priority booking on all Sheraton resorts within II.
Oh, 1-in-4 resorts, you mean. I still don't see the relevance to the OP's question, though. Since he wants to use II, what difference does it make whether he owns at 1-in-4 year resort? II doesn't have that rule. Plus, 1-in-4 resorts usually have high MFs.

I agree that it would be nice of the resort were dual-affiliated, though, for access to RCI Last Call weeks as well as II Getaways.

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Falcon Point Avon Swing Season

Studio swing Season in the Vail Valley - actually trades well in the flex season with II and dues are less than $200. You can find Falcon Points on ebay fairly frequently. Summer studios can also be found on ebay and fees are more but not outrageous. Funtime

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Studio swing Season in the Vail Valley - actually trades well in the flex season with II and dues are less than $200. You can find Falcon Points on ebay fairly frequently. Summer studios can also be found on ebay and fees are more but not outrageous. Funtime

I have not been able to find a Falcon Point TS unit with dues under $200. Do you see any for sale right now?