• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

W57 Annual Meeting via Zoom

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just received notice in email of Annual HOA meeting later this month via Zoom. This is positive direction on HOA transparency. We will try to attend.

There is an online form to vote for board seat with about 10 names. Only one seems to be associated with HGVC and the incumbent running does not or has not disclosed any affiliation. Any sense of which one to vote for?

I am concerned about increasing MF costs. Question whether HGVC pays for presentation guests using the lounge as a sales incentive or whether the HOA foots the bill for HGVC selling activity?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I received the one for Craig also and plan to attend...via zoom.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I must have overlooked that one...again I like the transparency direction.

Would like to see MVC do the same.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I must have overlooked that one...again I like the transparency direction.

Would like to see MVC do the same.
Look at the email for Craig. They have an interesting change to the constitution that I am not sure what to think about.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
owner here, no email. who was it from?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I've got the zoom invites for The District and The Quin for this week.

Zoom registration for The District is here. Annual meeting is March 19th at 11:00 ET.

Zoom registration for The Quin is here. Annual meeting is March 20th at 12:00 ET. (Owners association name is "Central at 5th" so might have slipped through some folks emails as referring to The Central rather than the Quin - another example of the lengths we go to to advance clarity.)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Can someone please explain this to me? As a W57 owner planning to attend the annual HOA meeting, would I put my name in so I can vote as a shareholder?

1710386495061.png

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
It seems like the form is optional and only used if you want to assign someone to vote for you? So if you are attending, you won’t need a proxy.

I don’t recall receiving any notice about this meeting from W57. Was it sent via email?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They count votes on zoom cast by using the “raise hand” feature. Just finished the meeting for The Quin and posted some highlights in a separate thread.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I got busy and missed the meeting. Anything interesting??

mateo9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Valdoro Mountain Lodge, w57th NYC, Flamingo
Mostly complaints about non-owners somehow getting in to the owners lounge and what can be done to prevent/alleviate that.
And the GM is setting up more local NYC events that owners can participate in. She is going to start posting the schedule of events on the HGVC W57th site.
Smart TVs getting installed in all the units.
A decent amount of complaints about the HGVC sales guys tactics and their fabrications away from the truth.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Thanks for the report.

The Hilton booking people are easy compared to Worldmark, which we also own. We always go and make good use of the bribes.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
A decent amount of complaints about the HGVC sales guys tactics and their fabrications away from the truth.
We
re at W. 57th now. We stopped by the desk to get our 500 HH points and he did try to get us to sign up for the "update." We said no, and he did have an interesting comment:

HGVC never sent you a letter thanking you for the fact that they take your MFs every year. Now it's time to get some back and just say NO.

Very interesting looking at the different priorities between these folks and the sales folks.

No was still the answer, though.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We
re at W. 57th now. We stopped by the desk to get our 500 HGVC points and he did try to get us to sign up for the "update." We said no, and he did have an interesting comment:

HGVC never sent you a letter thanking you for the fact that they take your MFs every year. Now it's time to get some back and just say NO.

Very interesting looking at the different priorities between these folks and the sales folks.

No was still the answer, though.

Cheers.
500 HGVC points? That would be nice. We just got 500 HHonors points at The Quin last week. We said yes and picked up $250 in gift cards for about an hour of our time, too.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
500 HGVC points? That would be nice. We just got 500 HHonors points at The Quin last week. We said yes and picked up $250 in gift cards for about an hour of our time, too.
We're retired now but, based on what we used to be paid, $250 for two hours (one hour for each of us) is not really worth it. We are usually out in 30 minutes, and that would be worth it to me. Not to mrs. brp, though, so we have to say no.

Certainly enough to do with our time here without that sales pitch with museums, NYBG, running in the park and long walks.

Cheers.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're retired now but, based on what we used to be paid, $250 for two hours (one hour for each of us) is not really worth it. We are usually out in 30 minutes, and that would be worth it to me. Not to mrs. brp, though, so we have to say no.

Certainly enough to do with our time here without that sales pitch with museums, NYBG, running in the park and long walks.

Cheers.
We would have been done in just 10 minutes but the DW felt like talking. Did they really give you HGVC points?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would have been done in just 10 minutes but the DW felt like talking. Did they really give you HGVC points?
No. Why would believe that they were HGVC points? Just because I wrote it? :)

I meant HH points (sorry about that), and will fix the prior post). Thanks for questioning again so I could realize what I'd done...

Worth a whole lot less, but not bad for talking to the guy for a couple of minutes in the lobby.

Cheers.