• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What about the HGVC land? Who actually owns it?

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
Do deeded HGVC legacy owners also have an ownership interest in the land where the buildings are.

e.g. at Kings Land, Ocean Tower, Las Vegas Boulevard, Sea World, Tuscany etc.?

rjp123

TUG Member
Reaction score
In South Beach we do.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Deeded land owners the land correct.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Generally, owners of a TS are also co-owners of the land upon which their TS sits as tenants in common. However, actual use of common areas (i.e. stairwells, elevators, walkways, lobbies, grounds, etc.) is subject to the control of the HOA and management (HGVC). In additions, HGVC members are subject to the rules of the Club (which holds their TS in it's inventory). So, saying they are a co-owner is somewhat meaningless.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.
OTOH. if you want a legal opinion, I suggest you consult a qualified R/E attorney,

Last edited:

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Do deeded HGVC legacy owners also have an ownership interest in the land where the buildings are.

e.g. at Kings Land, Ocean Tower, Las Vegas Boulevard, Sea World, Tuscany etc.?
Technically yes, at least for HGVC on the Boulevard in Las Vegas. I was able to pull a copy of a deed from the county real estate records which shows my very tiny percentage of HGVC's ownership of the land.

As further evidence that the deed is recorded, online background checks sometimes show that I have lived at the resort. :ROFLMAO:

scottc42

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Towers
As further evidence that the deed is recorded, online background checks sometimes show that I have lived at the resort. :ROFLMAO:
Can’t wait to have a background check showing me living in Hawaii!!

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I found my "Las Vegas" address! In case anyone else wants to try their own name, this is on www.radaris.com

1706127883845.png

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found my "Las Vegas" address! In case anyone else wants to try their own name, this is on www.radaris.com

View attachment 87674
Wow, that site is awful! It shows me as related to the people that we bought our house from 29 years ago. Plus a bunch of their relatives. Other than that, the only relation that it shows is my wife. BTW, I come from a family of 7 kids, with lots of cousins, nieces, and nephews.

What junk!

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, that site is awful! It shows me as related to the people that we bought our house from 29 years ago. Plus a bunch of their relatives. Other than that, the only relation that it shows is my wife. BTW, I come from a family of 7 kids, with lots of cousins, nieces, and nephews.

What junk!
Yes, its junky. There are a bunch of people on my profile that I've never heard of.