• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is an II Getaway??

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Sorry for such a basic question, but it is apparently so basic I can't find an answer either searching TUG or the internet :doh: . What exactly is a Getaway??

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A Getaway week is a week, usually off-season, that as a member of II, you can purchase from II for a reasonable price, normally about $300 to $1,000. No exchange is required. You pay for it, you get it for the week. You can buy as many Getaway weeks each year as you can use.

mecllap

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you sign up with II and start getting emails, most of them are about Getaways, and they're easy to find on the site. Fairly limited as to destinations usually, and also to size of unit. I think they generally say you can do up to 12 a year? Places like Orlando and Las Vegas that have lots of inventory are usually available.

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky for you, Zentraveler, Palm Springs is also a place that offers abundant getaways. We are huge fans of the area and since we are less than a two hour drive away, we take advantage of the getaways often and frequently (okay, maybe 2 or 3 times a year!). We can get a 2 bedroom, very roomy villa in Palm Desert at either Marriott property for about $450 per WEEK many months of the year. Pretty much all except prime time, say mid-January until mid-April. Sometimes the price is higher if it's more demand, like right around Christmas or something.

We are very excited about a family gathering we have organized for next week in Palm Desert at Marriott Desert Springs Villas. We bought 4 of the two-bedroom villas for all 15 of us for the whole week. We have never all been together like this, so we are very excited. We payed $425 for each week and it's our Christmas present to everyone coming. Think about it, 15 people on vacation for 2K!

Okay, just be sure you don't tell everyone about our little secret of Palm Springs getaways. I don't want the word to get out because I want to be able to easily go when I want!

BTW, Marriott Newport Coast has been coming up on getaways this year if you are looking. The resort is 2 bedrooms only and I've seen getaways for $500.

Hope you can join II soon!

Janna

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Lucky for you, Zentraveler, Palm Springs is also a place that offers abundant getaways. We are huge fans of the area and since we are less than a two hour drive away, we take advantage of the getaways often and frequently (okay, maybe 2 or 3 times a year!). We can get a 2 bedroom, very roomy villa in Palm Desert at either Marriott property for about $450 per WEEK many months of the year. Pretty much all except prime time, say mid-January until mid-April. Sometimes the price is higher if it's more demand, like right around Christmas or something.

We are very excited about a family gathering we have organized for next week in Palm Desert at Marriott Desert Springs Villas. We bought 4 of the two-bedroom villas for all 15 of us for the whole week. We have never all been together like this, so we are very excited. We payed $425 for each week and it's our Christmas present to everyone coming. Think about it, 15 people on vacation for 2K!

Okay, just be sure you don't tell everyone about our little secret of Palm Springs getaways. I don't want the word to get out because I want to be able to easily go when I want!

BTW, Marriott Newport Coast has been coming up on getaways this year if you are looking. The resort is 2 bedrooms only and I've seen getaways for $500.

Hope you can join II soon!

Janna

Just to echo Janna, we purchased a Getaway to Marriott Desert Springs II for the week of December 14 for only $325. I know this is a fairly low demand week, but we also could have gotten this week all the way through mid-January at the time I purchased it. Getaways are a great perk, IMO. Beautiful resorts, no MF's, always available in the off season and often in the shoulder seasons as well. Give one a try...very low risk and a great way to preview a resort you may wish to own someday (but as a good TUGger, you will only own it resale!)

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Getaway week is a week, usually off-season, that as a member of II, you can purchase from II for a reasonable price, normally about $300 to $1,000. No exchange is required. You pay for it, you get it for the week. You can buy as many Getaway weeks each year as you can use.

Dave (or others)... Two questions:

1) Can a purchased Getaway be given away to someone via a Guest Certificate?
2) Can a purchased Getaway be rented to someone? (I'm guessing NO WAY!)

Thanks

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Thank you all :D . Certainly would not have found this level of detail on the internet and the inspiration for family gatherings is terrific!

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What determines a getaway week?

Followup questions:

What "qualifies" a week to show up as an II getaway?

• Does the getaway week have to be within X weeks/months of the current day?
  • Is availability based on excessive inventory vs. demand?
  • Are all properties involved in being a possible getaway purchases?

Thanks

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Followup questions:

What "qualifies" a week to show up as an II getaway?

• Does the getaway week have to be within X weeks/months of the current day?
  • Is availability based on excessive inventory vs. demand?
  • Are all properties involved in being a possible getaway purchases?

Thanks

No. Getaways are sometimes available close to a year in advance.

Possibly. Getaways could be excess inventory or they could be weeks purchased from the developer.

No, not all properties have inventory available as Getaways and those that do are mainly off season.

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not all properties have inventory available as Getaways and those that do are mainly off season.

This is largely true, although you can get Palm Springs the first two weeks of January which you would think is prime time! Also, I know Newport Coast Marriott has come up as getaway in October which is BEAUTIFUL weather that time of year!

The key is to search often if you are looking for something in particular and pay attention to the sightings forum here which can give you a heads up to bulk inventory that just came on board for getaways. For example, Manhatten Club did a bulk deposit last year sometime and a TUGger posted it on the sightings board. Several TUGgers took advantage and bought getaways to a very coveted timeshare destination!

I have been monitoring the Palm Springs area closely for a couple of years and it seems to me that inventory and prices are very good and 3-5 months out from arrival date.

Just FYI!

Janna