• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKOVR-N, Roaches, and Dirty Harry

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

My daughter and I returned from WKOVR-N a couple of weeks ago and I have been so busy re-entering it has taken me this long to get back to TUG.

I found Maui magnificent, and the tips I got from TUG about what to do and where to go very helpful.

In the middle of the night of the day we arrived, I discovered our villa was infested with roaches. After calling front desk, and housekeeping, it took 1 day for them to return my call, and two days to deal with the problem. On the third day it was clear their solution didn't work (spray) and I called the general managers office to complain. Finally someone called and offered to move us. We were upgraded to OF, and who should be shooting his new film outside our 2nd story villa lanai? hint "it made my day!". The manager also gave us a $100 credit. I was still a little upset it took them three days to move us, but there was little I could do.

The rest of our trip was fun...we were very busy visiting friends in Honokoa, snorkeling and going to the Beach. Lisa, I am sorry we weren't able to connect. When they moved our room, I lost your number. I hope you had a great stay too! All in all, I would return to Maui, but perhaps not WKOVR.

We are off to SDO for springbreak-looking forward to it!

Deb

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Deb - roaches are a chronic problem in Hawaii and other tropical places. It sounds like you had way too many to ignore, but it really doesn't mean the resort is dirty. Bugs are a constant battle in tropical places and roaches come out at night.

dr.debs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb - roaches are a chronic problem in Hawaii and other tropical places. It sounds like you had way too many to ignore, but it really doesn't mean the resort is dirty. Bugs are a constant battle in tropical places and roaches come out at night.

Yes-I lived in the south for many years and am aware...but this was a pretty bad infestation of bugs in all stages of development, meaning they were actively breeding somewhere close. They were in everything by the time we left, and I was a little concerned about bringing them home. The new villa was clean, without a bug in sight.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That's pretty yucky! Glad they moved you OF!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Considering that they ask that you put your trash outside your villa each day, and it sometimes sits for hours, I'm not surprised roaches have settled in.

I think that we should be supplied with much larger trash cans, with lids and plastic liners, so that we can better contain the food.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Considering that they ask that you put your trash outside your villa each day, and it sometimes sits for hours, I'm not surprised roaches have settled in.

I think that we should be supplied with much larger trash cans, with lids and plastic liners, so that we can better contain the food.
I never understood this about Westins. I don't understand why we can't throw our own garbage out like you do at Marriott resorts. On each floor at most Marriotts there is a trash room for you to throw away you trash. It is a like a laundry shoot. It is pretty easy to do. I'm not sure I understand why you leave your trash out in the hallway. I bet people get confusted and don't take their trash out at all. I remember from past trip I always have to call to figure out what to do with the trash since there are no signs or notices.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ants in Harborside

I had ant problem in Harboside too.
I am glad they were not roaches, but still ants were not good.
I found ants in bathrooms and kitchens.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mostly in the 1st floor units, Harborside has millipedes. They crawl in under the door sills. Black ones about 3/4-1 inch long that curl up when you touch them or sweep them up.

Do not accept a 1st floor reservation unless you absolutely can't get anything else. Yuck! But, you are usually OK on 2-4.

It's my only complaint about Harborside as a resort. I have been told by locals that millipedes are all over Paradise Island. ... eom

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
jarta, you're right, I stayed at 1st floor corner unit 1BR deluxe.
I didn't see millipedes in my room, but I saw them on the sidewalk.
I think 1st floor is not safe from ants or millipedes. I wish I knew it 2 weeks ago...

zinger1457

Reaction score

When I was at WKORV-N two weeks ago I didn't see any trash left outside. There was a note inside the villa requesting that you not place your trash outside the unit in the hallways, just leave it inside next to the door and they would stop by to pick it up.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
When I was at WKORV-N two weeks ago I didn't see any trash left outside. There was a note inside the villa requesting that you not place your trash outside the unit in the hallways, just leave it inside next to the door and they would stop by to pick it up.

That's a nice improvement!