• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lymphoma - it can happen to me - and did

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any results yet?
i have been diagnosed with breast cancer twice, and third stage thyroid cancer . I have had a lot of treatment, but never chemo. I am missing a few body parts, but doing pretty well. You can definitely beat it.:cheer:

sun&fun

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry that you are having to deal with yet another life challenge but if attitude and outlook have anything to do with healing (and I know they do!) you are already ahead in the battle. Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
update

I was told it is Non Hodgkins Type B - but no stage or anything else yet. Biopsy was only yesterday. Great Jewish doc called on the high holiday!

I am going to FIGHT THIS.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You

I wanted to make a separate post to thank you all.
Know I read and reread each of your messages. They are part of my army against this.

I am going to make a huge wall of cards. Every card will be a member of my army. Whether it's a card in the mail or a message on the net, each one is SO meaningful to me.

BOOM BANG. Nothing will stop me from winning the war!

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
You go Ellen!!!! We will be here cheering and praying for you!!!

Sue

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
You go girl....you can do it...fight like the warrior you are and we are all behind you, praying and crossing fingers, hoping and willing good things,...

Put on your big girl panties and fight this...WIN WIN WIN....I am here for you..anytime you need to chat...vent what have you..hang in there...
;)

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I was told it is Non Hodgkins Type B - but no stage or anything else yet.

I think you mean that you have a B-cell lymphoma. B-cell lymphomas are far more common than T-cell lymphomas. (We've got 2 major types of lymphocytes, and these are called B cells and T cells.)

Likely the pathologist will use a bunch of tests to next identify what type of B-cell lymphoma you're dealing with.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen,
I'm inspired by your positive attitude. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Best wishes for a full and complete recovery.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now the learning starts, and you find out all about the different types, the different treatments, etc. And you take heart knowing you have the kind that is more successfully treated.:)

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, maybe your fall was a blessing in disguise. They found your lymphoma before you started to have symptoms and you can get an earlier start on your road to remission. You are in my prayers and I think that with your outlook and wonderful attitude you will succeed. Best of luck to you and just remember we are all here cheering for you.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Ellen! I obviously haven't been checking Tug as often as I should, because I just saw your news.

I'm so sorry to hear about another challenge for you, but with your attitude, I have faith that you'll win.

A grandson was diagnosed with non-hodgkins a few years ago. His girlfriend was expecting a baby, and we all pitched in to pay for harvesting the baby's stem cells, just in case. It was wonderful that they were never needed, and after a few chemo treatments, and more tests, he was pronounced cancer free. Yea for him, and may it all turn out well for you.

Keep that positive attitude. It makes all the difference....Well, along with all our Tug Hugs and prayers!
XXXOOO Jean

Ginny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am joining in with the rest of the TUG family to support you especially during this time. Be well and stay positive!

--Ginny

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good News!!! It's good news from the pathology. Indolent lymphoma between stage 1 and 2. Very good prognosis. I will be seeing an oncologist at Fox Chase next week - but doctors are VERY optimistic and SO AM I!!!!! I can't begin to describe how the support I have received from family, close friends, and Tug friends and beyond have made this week bearable. Strong armies know not to turn their back on the enemy and of course I will follow through with doctor's orders, but my gut says I'm going to be fine!!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Great news!!! Catching it early is always good news.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Such Wonderful News!!! :cheer: :cheer: YOU GO GIRL!! Hang in there!!

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
:whoopie: :cheer: :clap: :clap: :D

Good News!!! It's good news from the pathology. Indolent lymphoma between stage 1 and 2. Very good prognosis. I will be seeing an oncologist at Fox Chase next week - but doctors are VERY optimistic and SO AM I!!!!! I can't begin to describe how the support I have received from family, close friends, and Tug friends and beyond have made this week bearable. Strong armies know not to turn their back on the enemy and of course I will follow through with doctor's orders, but my gut says I'm going to be fine!!!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad to hear this wonderful news!

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Two solid thumbs up!

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, that is fantastic. Now you can go into treatment with both eyes open. I love good news.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
:) Very happy for you. And yes, do what the doctors say, but also question why. It's good to be informed on the disease and treatment.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Great news! Thanks for sharing it!:whoopie:

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just reading this and got to your good news. I'm happy that things are turning out as best they can at this point.

I love your positive attitude. Sometimes that is the most important thing in beating the disease. Hold onto it!

Deb