• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ko Olina - What is code ZZBA?

ginsun88

TUG Member
Reaction score
MKO codes

Hi Steve:

Below are II codes for the 2BR OV week I own:

Unit: OVTG (Efficiency)
Unit: OVTM (1 bedroom)
Unit: ZZAA (2 bedrooms)

What size unit are you inquiring about?

Grace

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they always assign the view that is on the reservation?

I've exchanged into Ko'Olina numerous times (stopped counting when I hit 10). Anyway I have always received the view my reservation indicated had been deposited with II. When it was an ocean view, it was sometimes one of the worst ocean views (if there is such a thing). Generally it's not a high floor and often right next to the island/mountain view units. I've only stayed in the new tower once. I had an ocean view on the 3rd or 4th floor. We could see the ocean, but just barely.

In the original building most units have at least a partial view of the ocean. There are only one or two on each floor that don't provide a view of the water, at least from the balcony. I've stayed in mountain view units where I could see the ocean sitting on the couch in the living room.

The new building has about half of the units facing the golf course (with no view of the ocean) and the other half directly looking at the ocean.

Regardless of your view, it's still a great resort on beautiful grounds.

Pistolpete

Reaction score
ZZBA

My reservation actually says "ZZBA" Maybe this is "no view"? or I will assume it is a mountain view at best. Thanks,

I just went to Marriott.com upcoming reservations link. It shows ocean view penthouse. Is there a difference from a regular 2 br suite?

Last edited:

ginsun88

TUG Member
Reaction score
My reservation actually says "ZZBA" Maybe this is "no view"? or I will assume it is a mountain view at best. Thanks,

I just went to Marriott.com upcoming reservations link. It shows ocean view penthouse. Is there a difference from a regular 2 br suite?

Oooh, nice catch there Steve. :whoopie:

Enjoy your week!
Grace

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Ko olina 3 bedrooms

Are three bedroom units on all floors or is that what a penthouse is?

Next week I will be going and I read on this board that our trade is an lockout oceanview from a three bedroom unit. My code is THGV.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

As someone trading into a resort, does Marriott have the right to assign you any room upon check-in, even if your reservation says OV penthouse??

If they try, can you demand that you get what your reservation has written??

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
laxmom- how did the ocean get to sit on the couch? lol

jasfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help - I am having trouble identifying where you find the code referenced in this string. Is it somewhere on the II confirmation? When I trade my Marriott unit for other Marriotts, it does not show up on the Marriott site. I am asking regarding another property, yet it is the same issue - I am wondering what type of unit I have traded into. Thanks for any help or clarification.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
laxmom- how did the ocean get to sit on the couch? lol

Whoops, guess that wasn't too clear!

I was just amazed that I was in a unit that I knew was technically an island/mountain view unit, but when I was sitting on the couch I could still see the ocean! The ocean, of course was were it was supposed to be!!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Help - I am having trouble identifying where you find the code referenced in this string. Is it somewhere on the II confirmation? When I trade my Marriott unit for other Marriotts, it does not show up on the Marriott site. I am asking regarding another property, yet it is the same issue - I am wondering what type of unit I have traded into. Thanks for any help or clarification.

On your II trade Confirmation Certificate you can see your Marriott Reservation Number on the right side of the page. Here are instructions to add this reservation to your Marriott account.

Log in to your Marriott.com acount and click the tab that says, "Upcoming Reservations." Enter the above mentioned reservation number and your last name. Then click "find." On this page you will see your Marriott resort reservation and room type.

Near the bottom, this page will also give you a link to "Add a Marriott Rewards Number" to the reservation. Click this and add your number. Your reservations will now show up on your Marriott.com account.

You should be able to now see your room type as well.

:D

indyhorizons

TUG Member
Reaction score
On your II trade Confirmation Certificate you can see your Marriott Reservation Number on the right side of the page. Here are instructions to add this reservation to your Marriott account.

Log in to your Marriott.com acount and click the tab that says, "Upcoming Reservations." Enter the above mentioned reservation number and your last name. Then click "find." On this page you will see your Marriott resort reservation and room type.

Near the bottom, this page will also give you a link to "Add a Marriott Rewards Number" to the reservation. Click this and add your number. Your reservations will now show up on your Marriott.com account.

You should be able to now see your room type as well.

:D

Does this work for accomodation certificates too? I simply cannot get this to work. :wall:
Thanks!

Darlene

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but not untill II transmits the info to the resort. If you have your confirmation there is an number that starts with 8 and is 8 digits long under the resort name and address. II likes to wait until about a week before to send your reservation. That just doesn't work for me when you want to request a unit. Once I had my confirmation from II, via e-mail, I found the 8 digit reservation number. I called the hotel and they were then able to research it, and find my reservation.

1sland

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this work for accomodation certificates too? I simply cannot get this to work. :wall:
Thanks!

I have had to call 1-800-228-2100 and they will use the 8xxxxxx # you get from II on your confirmation certificate and match it to your account. and then it will show in upcoming reservations on the marriott website with the room type...the reservation number stayed the same, (usually it works without calling.)

indyhorizons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I had called II and the agent absolutely insisted this was not possible. I knew that the "experts" knew better. I just hung up from him in frustration and came to those who "know". ;)

indyhorizons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I received my actual pdf confirmation from II today and decided before I call the 1-800 referenced above, I would try to view the rez on Marriott.com once more. And voila, it was there. Now I have a new question, would anyone know what Platinum mountain view refers to? My code from II is ZZAB.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
A mountain view room during Platinum season (except for the holiday weeks, the entire year is considered Platinum season for Hawaii).

1sland

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I received my actual pdf confirmation from II today and decided before I call the 1-800 referenced above, I would try to view the rez on Marriott.com once more. And voila, it was there. Now I have a new question, would anyone know what Platinum mountain view refers to? My code from II is ZZAB.

I think ZZAB means 2 bedroom.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
ZZAB is the code for a 2 bedroom, mountain view room. Everything at Ko'Olina is platinum so that doesn't mean anything.