• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$18,999 for Two Bedroom, 7K points on Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower?

kcrystal325

Reaction score
Please review the the resale information from the current owner.

Do you think it is reasonable? If I make 100% cash offer, how much could I lower the price? I am totally new to time share.:eek:

The owner told me this two bedroom has half ocean view and half garden view.

Thank you for all your insight!!!!:cheer:

Unit Information

Price: $18,999 (sale) - Platinum
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms
Bathrooms: 2
Sleeps: 6
Lockout: N/A

Maintenance Fees: $1100
Ownership: Deeded
Usage Type: Annual - Every Year
Week(s): Floating
Unit #: Floating

*RCI Gold Crown Rated Resort* Your elegantly appointed 2 bedroom, 2 bath luxury villa awaits! Spacious, comfortable unit sleeps 6 guests, with annual usage based on the points system. Purchase includes 7,000 points each year with 7,000 points available now! Exchange them at this outstanding oceanfront retreat, or with any resort in the Hilton Grand Vacations network. Resort is within walking distance to everything! For more enticing details or to make an offer, please submit the inquiry form.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Please review the the resale information from the current owner.

Do you think it is reasonable? If I make 100% cash offer, how much could I lower the price? I am totally new to time share.:eek:

The owner told me this two bedroom has half ocean view and half garden view.

Thank you for all your insight!!!!:cheer:

Unit Information

Price: $18,999 (sale) - Platinum
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms
Bathrooms: 2
Sleeps: 6
Lockout: N/A

Maintenance Fees: $1100
Ownership: Deeded
Usage Type: Annual - Every Year
Week(s): Floating
Unit #: Floating

*RCI Gold Crown Rated Resort* Your elegantly appointed 2 bedroom, 2 bath luxury villa awaits! Spacious, comfortable unit sleeps 6 guests, with annual usage based on the points system. Purchase includes 7,000 points each year with 7,000 points available now! Exchange them at this outstanding oceanfront retreat, or with any resort in the Hilton Grand Vacations network. Resort is within walking distance to everything! For more enticing details or to make an offer, please submit the inquiry form.

Price isn't bad but it's a buyers market. I would offer close to 14K and chance ROFR.

Since you're a newbie, I suggest taking your time to make sure you understand what you're buying and how the HGVC system works.

HGVC is a great system but here are some threads that I suggest you read before buying:
HGVC points: Is one better than another? - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121130
How often do MFs go up? Qs about if you use Hilton or RCI - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125411
HHV views - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132545
HHV master thread - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95233
Future plans for HHV - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118932

Good Luck and Welcome to TUG :hi:

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
One thing you should know, if you don't already, is that you are not guaranteed the use of the specific TS you buy. Instead, "your" TS is retained by HGVC for the benefit of "the club," which means you may never darken its door, nor indeed know which unit it is.

But if that's where you intend to vacation mostly, do buy there, 'cuz you will get a home-resort advantage over the owners of other resorts by having a 12-9 month out reservation window, meaning that you are competing only with other HHV owners during that time, whereas the feeding-frenzy of general club reservations starts at the 9-month point.

The price is a tad high, but HHV carriess a premium, both in prince and maintenance fees.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Where can I find some underpants that look like Beethoven?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Where can I find some underpants that look like Beethoven?

The correct quote may be "decorated with Beethoven," but darned if I know.
It was just a cool quote from one of my favorite British comedies of the 70's.

Here's a few more:
I didn't get where I am today by having green frogs thrust down my crotch.
I didn't get where I am today by thinking.
I didn't get where I am today by biting people in the changing room.
I didn't get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian unicyclist's jockstraps!
I didn't get where I am today by sleeping with sweaty, Caledonian chefs!

kcrystal325

Reaction score
alwaysonvac - thank you for the useful information. It is great help! In terms of location, Honolulu has to be my choice. But after reading about point system, I am reconsidering if I really want to buy at HHV for home location because it is more expensive?

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be aware of the type of property it is and be sure that's what you want. It's lovely - huge - but very crowded. I, myself, didn't feel relaxed there. I prefered the Marriott, but that's not in Honolulu. I think Hilton is a great system - flexible - and you definitely want to buy Hawaii if that's where you're going. I did trade in with Orlando points, but it was a huge pain!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
alwaysonvac - thank you for the useful information. It is great help! In terms of location, Honolulu has to be my choice. But after reading about point system, I am reconsidering if I really want to buy at HHV for home location because it is more expensive?

Yes, it's more expensive to buy HHV.
If your travel dates are flexible (meaning you can travel any time during the year) and/or you don't plan to book betwen 12 months to 9 months in advance then don't buy HHV. Just remember all owners have equal access to book at the HHV at the 9 month mark so there is more competition.

The Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV) is very popular. The current number of guests at the HHV annually is 2 million+. There are four dedicated hotel towers, two dedicated timeshare tower and one mixed use tower of hotel rooms and timeshare units. Expect crowds here during peak season (holidays and anytime the kids are out of school).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Be aware of the type of property it is and be sure that's what you want. It's lovely - huge - but very crowded. I, myself, didn't feel relaxed there. I prefered the Marriott, but that's not in Honolulu. I think Hilton is a great system - flexible - and you definitely want to buy Hawaii if that's where you're going. I did trade in with Orlando points, but it was a huge pain!

I was there during the time you visited last year. While we enjoyed the 4th of July fireworks, I didn't enjoy the crowds at all especially on the 4th of July.

Since I was taking my school age nephew on this trip I had to travel during the summer. I normally don't travel during peak season. I visit HHV when the majority of kids are in school. I've never seen crowds at HHV like I saw that week. It's definitely more relaxing during off peak periods and not crowded like that all year long.

NOTE: Ala Moana Center's annual 4th of July fireworks at nearby Magic Island brings the crowds into Waikiki

From khon2.com - http://www.khon2.com/mostpopular/st...works-Celebration/KI7VeF2MxkKBegdTW0gHlA.cspx

As always, Ala Moana Center will bring in live entertainment for the day, to entice the crowd to shop at the mall. But it's not just merchants in the mall who benefit from the fireworks display.

"Surrounding hotels are literally sold out a year before. They're selling their hotel rooms at rack rate which is basically top dollar, surrounding restaurants, the cruise ships, the the different ferries and such that have the dinner cruises," said Tso.

Some 50 thousand people are expected to watch the show from Ala Moana Park, the mall and surrounding areas. It was just recognized as one of the country's 10 best by Travel and Leisure Magazine, which was news to Souza and her busy crew.

Last edited:

Seth Nock

Reaction score
7000 points is a 2 bedroom garden view unit. Right now, there are very good prices on the 8400 point units. With the current differences in pricing, I would recommend offering on an 8400 point unit instead.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The person who posted above is Seth Nock. He got us a really good deal on on a HGVC Hawaiian resale. You should contact him.