• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New TUG Classified Ad Beta program!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Here is the link to the new classified ad program! You must be a registered user of the bbs and be logged in to use this feature.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE FREE CLASSIFIED ADS!!!

Recently we installed a new classified Ad system that integrates with the Bulletin Board system. We are now going to open it up to TUG Members and offer 100% free Classified Ad's on this new system to any and all reigstered TUG members on the BBS.

What we need from you in return is feedback on the layout, functionality and your general opinion on the new Classified Ad program.

Any existing TUG member is welcome to post as many ads as they wish, as well as duplicate any ads you have over on our existing classified ad system here for free.

Please keep in mind that new ads on the existing classified ad program are still subject to the same initial and renewal fees, only the ones posted here are free of charge.

Again, do all you can in an attempt to find flaws or problems with the new software so that we can correct them and adjust the program as necessary.

Also it is important to remember that we will most likely be making changes to the format and ad placement options during the next few weeks in response to member feedback, so this may alter any ads slightly depending on the sorts of changes we make. Just keep that in mind as we move along with this test!

This classified ad program works in conjunction with your current BBS login, and you must be a registered TUG member to post ads in this new section!

Looking forward to hearing feedback both positive and negative. We want to turn this into something that all members will benefit from..and eliminate the need to have separate passwords for the classified ads vs the BBS!

as always, you may post comments here, or privately to tug@tug2.net

Instructions for the new Classified Ad program (including screenshots) are available here:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30989

Enjoy!!!! :whoopie:

[Edited by Makai Guy to make the link more prominent and to emphasize the need to be a registered user of the board.]

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok...so some of you snuck in ads before the approval feature was turned on...yall are quick! =)

From now on all ads have to be approved prior to showing up...and until I work things out with the existing classified ad managers...Ill be doing this myself (unless some of the other admins start digging around and playing with it too)

All valid ads will be approved...still completely free...just want to prevent bogus items from making it into these ads also. (you would be suprised at how many get submitted in the other section)

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
here do you see these classifieds. Will they be listed in the regular classified section or a different section.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the legacy classified section (normal fees apply) will remain running without any change.

This is just a test of a new system that we hope to move to in the future if it works out.

There is no link between the two...other than you may duplicate any ad in the new BBS system that exists in the legacy system.

All the main board links will point to the legacy system until we decide to move to this one (if we even make that decision)....for now...this will be the only link to the new classified system.

and yes someone has to manually approve all ads (although thats the same process on the legacy classified ad section as well)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

JoeZuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
How to post to the new site

I entered the new site trying to post a rental and I can't seem to find how to do it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
JoeZuke said:
I entered the new site trying to post a rental and I can't seem to find how to do it.

click on the links above already in this thread...then choose "place an ad" within the new page.

see attachment!

Attachments

• pna.jpg
    pna.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 110

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
contact info is up to you...unless you guys want a line specifically for it.

I have also updated Condition of item and replaced it with SEASON

You should only have 3 options now...red/white/blue....those of you with ads already placed should go edit your ads to reflect the correct season...all ads prior to about 5 minutes ago are all listed as Season: Excellent.

Sorry about that =)

I also renamed Season within the text entry with Resort Rating...this will allow you to put its a gold crown/whatever rating in there...unless there is a better option someone can come up with for that extra line!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Editing ad

So I made some minor edits to my ad (good test). It looks like that makes the ad disappear until it is approved again? I now need to make another edit (changing the week #), so I wait until I can see the ad again, then make the new change, then wait for approval again? Just wondering. Thanks!

JoeZuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Editing Ad

deniselew said:
So I made some minor edits to my ad (good test). It looks like that makes the ad disappear until it is approved again? I now need to make another edit (changing the week #), so I wait until I can see the ad again, then make the new change, then wait for approval again? Just wondering. Thanks!

How do you Edit an Ad that has been posted?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
JoeZuke said:
How do you Edit an Ad that has been posted?

browse into the ad and there should be an Edit Ad button just below "season" within the ad itself.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this is just a test program at the moment...the main forum for selling/renting ads is still the legacy program...ahd thats where everyone goes to look at the moment.

only when and if we get this system finalized and agree that its what we want to do will we switch over.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question to Administrator

Sorry, but I am confused. I followed your instructions:

"Here is the link to the new classified ad program! ensure you are logged in!

"

I could readily see the ads posted under FOR SALE, FOR RENT, etc.....but could not find a site where to input, edit or format your new ad text !

Where are you hiding that link ? Should it not be in the most readily accesible place ?

Kola

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Kola said:
Sorry, but I am confused. I followed your instructions:

"Here is the link to the new classified ad program! ensure you are logged in!

"

I could readily see the ads posted under FOR SALE, FOR RENT, etc.....but could not find a site where to input, edit or format your new ad text !

Where are you hiding that link ? Should it not be in the most readily accesible place ?

Kola

you will only see the link when logged in as a TUG MEMBER...as only valid tug members can post ads in this new section for now.

if you are showing up as a guest...please view this link to correct it

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
blujahz said:
The 'Timeshares For Rent' section states 'For Sale by' when opening a specific ad.

yea...I dont know if I can change that or not...as both the for sale and for rent ads utilize the same "ad input" template.

If I change one...id change them both...perhaps I can erase "for sale" and just use "by" or "Member" or something like that...ill see what I can do.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Deer Path said:
I got my ad placed and then was able to review it. There was an error so I found where I could go in and edit it. It had come up sale instead of rent and the amount was wrong.
I did the edit and it came up fine.

Do I just wait for you to approve it before it is shown? or do I have to do something else?

Judy

yes...any edits also go through the approval process again...sorry!

Its just me at the moment doing it...and I get to it many times throughout the day...I havent recruited the existing volunteer ad managers to take over this section as they have their hands full maintaining the legacy system as it is.

Bear with me for this test phase please =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TUG Improvements! said:
yea...I dont know if I can change that or not...as both the for sale and for rent ads utilize the same "ad input" template.

If I change one...id change them both...perhaps I can erase "for sale" and just use "by" or "Member" or something like that...ill see what I can do.

I have edited that box to say "TUGBBS Login" instead of "For Sale By"

Hopefully this will clear up some confusion!

keep the feedback coming!

Toplevel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Changing Ad to For Sale from For Rent

My Ad came out as for Rent. I guess I set it up wrong. It won't let me change it to for sale. Is that do able?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Toplevel said:
My Ad came out as for Rent. I guess I set it up wrong. It won't let me change it to for sale. Is that do able?

good question....you should be able to browse into your ad while logged in as yourself and click the "Edit ad" button below the asking price.

not sure if itll let you move it or not...let me know!

if not tell me what it is and ill move it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
RonG said:
When viewing regional summary any ad list.. IE..florida rentals...

Week is not displayed.. Yes, the week is included in the detail of the ad..

The view column is displayed but it has no meaning.

There is no way to sort on the week to display ads.

I tried to place a rental ad.. I cannot figure out how to find "place an Ad" link.

Ron

how about some instructions?

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30989

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
MOXJO7282 said:

Well yea...those are two completely separate systems that are entirely independent of each other.

We are just testing this new program...this is why the Ads are free.

However our existing ad program works fine and has thousands of ads on it...not like we can just shut that off =)

Eventually we will utilize this new system to host all TUG ads as it appears to be far more feature rich than the old program (and a few other reasons)...but not until we get all the kinks worked out.

If you want to post ads in the legacy system, the same charges still apply...only ads here on the BBS are free.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
again..this is just a beta test at the moment...and while its live...its not being "Advertised" anywhere other than the BBS and the main homepage.

once we finalize the small details...we will change all the links to the new board...and simply let the old ads expire and all new ads will go in the new section.

The legacy ad program is what people are paying for...and thats what gets the most traffic for potential buyers/renters.

Beamer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add Domain ???

Receive the following message after submitting ad.

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

The domain is hotmail.com, the same as my TUG email address.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
TUG Improvements! said:
this is just a test program at the moment...the main forum for selling/renting ads is still the legacy program...ahd thats where everyone goes to look at the moment.

...including Nigerian spammers and their emulators. So, how is the new improved classified ad system going to keep those trolls out? Sounds to me like you're linking the bbs straight to classifieds, so it will be even easier for those trolls to grab up all the email addies they want. I've already had a perfectly good email addy become a spam garbage pit due to placing an ad on TUG's classified page. :annoyed:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm more disinclined than ever to place classifieds on TUG. I hate spam even more than telemarketing phone calls, so I'm a hard sell on your new system, sorry to say. Please convince me everything will be new and improved...spam-wise!