• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Instructions for the new BBS Classified Ad system!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I am starting this thread to provide instructions on the new classified ad program complete with Visual Aids...hopefully this will clear up alot of the confusion surrounding the new program and how it works.

First off, please read this thread if you have not heard about the new ad program:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29801

While you dont have to read all of it, the first few posts are important and denote that the ad program is only currently free of charge, and completely separate from the LEGACY ad program that has always existed for TUG classified ads.

Now on to the show! :D

First...you must be LOGGED ON to the BBS and listed as a TUG MEMBER to post in the classified ad section. While anyone can look at and view the ads at any time, posting is completely limited to TUG MEMBERS only!

To verify that you are logged in and listed as a tug member, look at the top right hand corner of your screen for the Welcome! box as seen in the screenshot below!

You will see this if you are logged in as a TUG Member:
tugmem.jpg

You will see this if you are logged in as a GUEST:
guest.jpg

You will see this if you are not logged in at all:
notloggedin.jpg

If you are listed as a GUEST but really are a TUG member, you can correct this by following the instructions in this thread!

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53

Step 2 to come shortly!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Step 2!

Ok...now that you have all fixed your login situation, you are now ready to head to the new BBS Classified Ad section.

This section is accessed by clicking on this link..and this link ONLY:

CLICK ME!

Yes I realize that the other links that say "classified ads" take you to the old system, we are not turning that off until we are ready..and that still gets the majority of the potential buyers/renters in terms of traffic each day. When we finalize this setup we will change all the links to point to this new section and the old section will go away. However for now, please bear with us (it is free till we switch anyway).

Now once you are here, and if you have completed step 1 (logged in as a TUG member) you can now post an ad by clicking on the link that says "Place An Ad"

It is located on the right side of the screen as shown in this screenshot!

placead.JPG

note...you will NOT see this link if you are not logged in as a TUG MEMBER!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
once you place an ad, you then move on to step 1 which is choosing the type of ad you want to place.

You only have two options here...each of these options covers every type of AD we have available.

You either:

A. Own something you want to RENT, SELL, OR TRADE

or

B. You are looking for something to BUY or RENT.

So either you are going to place an ad to get rid of something you own...or you are looking to get something that someone else owns.

Choosing the appropriate selection from the drop down list shown below will take you on to step 2 where you actually decide which ad category you are placing!

adstep1.JPG

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Step 2

Now step 2 is always where it gets a little bit tricky (based on the emails I get).

I will do my best to explain.

In step 1, I chose the first (and default option) that I owned a timeshare that I want to Sell, Rent or Trade.

It now takes me to a new screen (step 2) shown below that has a VERY large dropdown box for you to select the appropriate category for my Ad to be placed.

Here is a screenshot of what you should see when you click the small downpointing arrow next to Timeshares for Sale -> Orlando Florida(the default option)

STEP2.JPG

It is important to pick the correct category...if you are selling a property in Las Vegas...choose Timeshares for Sale -> Western United States

If you are renting a timeshare located in the Bahamas....choose Timeshares for Rent -> Carribbean

and so on and so on.

In this example I am going to place a FOR RENT ad for a timeshare located in Williamsburg Virginia, so it goes on into Timeshares for Rent -> Eastern United States

step3.JPG

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not quite sure how to describe the next screen...ill work on it for a bit (screenshot way too big for the forum)....hopefully this is a good start for those in need!

I will update this more soon!

TravelingT

TUG Member
Reaction score
How come I can't see the link for the beta classified ad section? I am logged in as a TUG Member.

jgtragesser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got all the way to submit and then received a not authorized for function... I don't understand .. Joe Tragesser

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Tanners said:
The resort number does not show on the ad.

????

I am not following you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TravelingT said:
How come I can't see the link for the beta classified ad section? I am logged in as a TUG Member.

I have heard this once or twice, please be sure you have scrolled all the way over to the right side of the screen as shown in the screenshot or it will be hidden.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
jgtragesser said:
I got all the way to submit and then received a not authorized for function... I don't understand .. Joe Tragesser

have you been able to place any ads? what section are you placing an ad in?

could you paste the error you receive?

*edit...i just approved one of your ads...so im assuming this error has gone away?

Last edited:

peterjames2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
had the same problem trying to post to wanting to trade: international with an error message something like 'You do not have permission to post' when I pressed the submit button.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
peterjames2000 said:
had the same problem trying to post to wanting to trade: international with an error message something like 'You do not have permission to post' when I pressed the submit button.

Ill go review the permissions on those two areas just to make sure.

*edit...im not really sure whats goin on with you two..as both of you have published ads successfully (i just approved yours a few seconds ago)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can anyone who receives this error again please post the EXACT error message...copy/paste it...email me a screenshot...anything?

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any responses?

Nice add format but has any one gotten a response yet?

Kazakie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summary list

It would be nice if the summary listing shows the rental week (dates and/or week #). I can't think why i care the # of people who viewed it or when it was updated/viewed (whatever the current date is)

(i'm not complaining, just feedback)

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a response!

I did. To an exchange week. But they didn't have anything I wanted. (Mostly I look at the exchange adds that have a week I want but what I have is not what they want.) But it was exciting to get a real response.

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can I make changes in my ADD?

I need to do some updating How do I do it?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if you are logged in...go browse to your ad and you will see an edit button below the price.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I added some photos to my ad after initial approval - they needed to be in .jgp (not .jpe) to show up I guess. Now that I added them, does it need to be re-approved?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes it does...ill go do it now for you.

Flyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not Authorized

Apparently like some others, I get to the last "submit" and it comes back and tells me I'm "not authorized". Giving up....
Flyer:wall:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
really wish someone could send me a screenshot or cut and paste the exact error message next time you get it.

However as stated...seeing that error doesnt impact your ad being posted...I just approved one from you Flyer.

mamiecarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do you have to approve adds but not posts?

Don't get it. Posts do not need pre-approval so why do adds?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Why is there a problem suddenly with the approval process for classified ads?