• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2006-2014] What Marriott timeshares have you stayed at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
how many Marriott Vacation Club Locations Have You Stayed at ?

If I count a couple of former Marriott Vacatioon Club locations, I have stayed at 22 of the locationsn at least once, in 20 years. Loved them all!

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Only 15 since 2006 but we are always trying to add more. ;)

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, it's somewhere from 30 to 35, depending on if you count Manor Club/Manor Club Sequel, DS Springs I/DS Springs II, Shadow Ridge Villages/Shadow Ridge Enclaves, Harbor Point/Sunset Point, and Maui Ocean Club/Maui Ocean Club Napili-Lahaina each as 1 resort or 2 resorts.

If I count former MVC properties, I need to add 2 resorts.

Anyway, this old thread may interest you:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78998

Last edited:

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't thought about keeping track but Marriott is now keeping track "sort of" by their latest MR account upgrade. They recently implemented Badges for reward members to collect as long as you "opt-in" to the program.

Seems like a fun program that tracks a MR user's elite status tier, brand loyalty, brand exploration, number of nights, and social interaction. They even throw in a few MR points for achieving different badges.

You can find out about the new program from within your rewards account activity screen or overview tab.

Too bad they did not include your past usage. It only applies going forward after you Opt-In.

FT

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
For me, it's somewhere from 30 to 35, depending on if you count Manor Club/Manor Club Sequel, DS Springs I/DS Springs II, Shadow Ridge Villages/Shadow Ridge Enclaves, Harbor Point/Sunset Point, and Maui Ocean Club/Maui Ocean Club Napili-Lahaina each as 1 resort or 2 resorts.

If I count former MVC properties, I need to add 2 resorts.

Anyway, this old thread may interest you:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78998

It looks like there have been a few threads on this subject over the years. Here is one that was from a couple other combined threads. Perhaps these can all be merged in to one?

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23428

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We have stayed at 20 or 22, depending upon whether you count Manor Club and MOC as one or two resorts each. All are in the US. We will be close to 30 after our trip to Hilton Head next January/February. Our three favorites so far are Maui Ocean Club new towers, Kauai Lagoons, and Manor Club original section (we have only stayed in Berkeley manor), with Ko Olina not far behind.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening

27 for good ol puck...

looks like a runner up spot for me!!!

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are currently at #25 (all uniques locations)...

Enjoying a few days at Marriott Grand Chateau before returning home after a fun filled August vacation!
Vicki

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
only 17.

...... but I've stayed at Grande Ocean about 75 times, which is fairly remarkable. I have no burning desire to stay at all of the MVCI resorts, and can only see 4 or 5 more unvisited ones that even interest me, so I'm doomed to just rotate between a dozen or so. Will probably create more HOTEL itineraries in the future, and THAT really excites me.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
only 17.

...... but I've stayed at Grande Ocean about 75 times, which is fairly remarkable. I have no burning desire to stay at all of the MVCI resorts, and can only see 4 or 5 more unvisited ones that even interest me, so I'm doomed to just rotate between a dozen or so. Will probably create more HOTEL itineraries in the future, and THAT really excites me.
It sure is remarkable. What unvisited resorts interest you?

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
only 7 so far, but i only picked up my II timeshare in early 2010...so i'm pretty new to this.

(st kitts, grand chateau, newport coast, grande ocean, surfwatch, royal palms, harbour lake)

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
It sure is remarkable. What unvisited resorts interest you?

Maui Ocean Club, Aruba Ocean Club, Marbella Beach Resort, Frenchman's Cove (maybe FC, but Ritz in St. Thomas looks even better).

I've been to Kaua'i Beach Club and Frenchman's Reef Hotel in St Thomas, so I know what to expect in those areas. My short list however involves hotel stays in Italy (maybe 2 trips due to so many great areas of Italy) and France, and a Viking River Cruise, so I'd like to check those off before the other 4 unvisited timeshares. I would also do Barcelona and another city or two before Marbella.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Maui Ocean Club, Aruba Ocean Club, Marbella Beach Resort, Frenchman's Cove (maybe FC, but Ritz in St. Thomas looks even better).

I've been to Kaua'i Beach Club and Frenchman's Reef Hotel in St Thomas, so I know what to expect in those areas. My short list however involves hotel stays in Italy (maybe 2 trips due to so many great areas of Italy) and France, and a Viking River Cruise, so I'd like to check those off before the other 4 unvisited timeshares. I would also do Barcelona and another city or two before Marbella.

We did a 2 week Tauck River Cruise 8 years ago, which is very similar to Viking. You will love it. You will also love Maui Ocean Club.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Maui Ocean Club

Let me know when you want to go during the second week of April and we'll coordinate something....;)

Best,

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.