• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007 Thread] American Timeshare Closing, LLC???? [merged]

El Codo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweeks4less and American Timeshare closings ... scares me!

The wealth of information on TUG has been INVALUABLE. As I've looked into a couple of purchases the responses to my posts and private messages have been apprecaited. Thank you.

Some of this is covered in other posts, but I want to be sure to share my experience in case it is helpful for someone else.

After winning an ebay auction I went to google to check out the closing company (I knew they were not title companies and were overcharging for what they do). This post came up, along with some others.

To recap some of what has been posted. It seems as though in October redweeks4less had their account suspended from ebay. Don't quote me on that, it's what I recall from one of the posts I read, although it seems as though IAVACATIONS (a/k/a redweeks4less) has had more than one ebay name.

Also of interest was that the BBS mentions that redweeks4less and American Timeshare Closings share the same physical address and are probably owned by the same principals ... won't go into details, but that would be bad, bad, bad from a standpoint of having an objective party involved with the transaction.

Also, be sure to check out their ratings, about half of their ratings are as BUYERS. It didn't occur to me to take a look at the breakdown. I was thinking 98% and 400+ sales, not too bad. I was wrong.

I became more concerned after reading the posts. Normally very conservative, I continued with due dilligence, including some private messsages to TUG members (thanks for the replies).

After a couple of days I was in the space of thinking about the trade off between price, hassle, and time around the purchase. Everything I read said that redweeks4less was good/nice, but issues seemed to be w/the American Timeshare Closings. Headed into the risk vs rewards space I though it *might* be OK to proceed as long as going into it I had reasonable expectations, ie maybe lots of follow up, some frustration, maybe six months to record. At the time I knew it was wishful thinking.

Today I received a call from Tommy at IAVACATIONS asking if I received the contract. After letting him know that I did and that the amount in the contract was over (not significantly), I asked for a copy of the deed. He had it and sent it right over.

This is where things got interesting and a little surprising. Getting the deed right away seemed like a good sign. Not like some others that had to wait for ATC to request the deed and other hassles. Sounded good initially. When I received the deed the sellers name and address were scratched out.

Finding the deed at the recorders office proved to be a challenge. I finally had to call. Even with the recording number, the person at the recorders office wasn't able to locate it. He put me on hold. When he came back he let me know that the deed is under a court ordered seal related to law enforcement and isn't available.

Fortunatley I haven't signed the contract and am within the 5 days within which I am supposed to pay. Plans are to chat with them to see what's going on with the deed (why scratched out? why not disclosed that the deed is under a court ordered seal?) and then agree to go our seperate ways with no feedback left.

Based on what I've read I'm not sure if it will go that easily and am prepared to have to take up the issue with ebay, but feel very fortunate to have taken the time to do due dilligence afterward (even though it should have been done before) and catch all of this prior to signing or sending money.

Hopefully this is helpful to others.

bradleym2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your eBay experience

The wealth of information on TUG has been INVALUABLE. As I've looked into a couple of purchases the responses to my posts and private messages have been apprecaited. Thank you.

Some of this is covered in other posts, but I want to be sure to share my experience in case it is helpful for someone else.

After winning an ebay auction I went to google to check out the closing company (I knew they were not title companies and were overcharging for what they do). This post came up, along with some others.

To recap some of what has been posted. It seems as though in October redweeks4less had their account suspended from ebay. Don't quote me on that, it's what I recall from one of the posts I read, although it seems as though IAVACATIONS (a/k/a redweeks4less) has had more than one ebay name.

Also of interest was that the BBS mentions that redweeks4less and American Timeshare Closings share the same physical address and are probably owned by the same principals ... won't go into details, but that would be bad, bad, bad from a standpoint of having an objective party involved with the transaction.

Also, be sure to check out their ratings, about half of their ratings are as BUYERS. It didn't occur to me to take a look at the breakdown. I was thinking 98% and 400+ sales, not too bad. I was wrong.

I became more concerned after reading the posts. Normally very conservative, I continued with due dilligence, including some private messsages to TUG members (thanks for the replies).

After a couple of days I was in the space of thinking about the trade off between price, hassle, and time around the purchase. Everything I read said that redweeks4less was good/nice, but issues seemed to be w/the American Timeshare Closings. Headed into the risk vs rewards space I though it *might* be OK to proceed as long as going into it I had reasonable expectations, ie maybe lots of follow up, some frustration, maybe six months to record. At the time I knew it was wishful thinking.

Today I received a call from Tommy at IAVACATIONS asking if I received the contract. After letting him know that I did and that the amount in the contract was over (not significantly), I asked for a copy of the deed. He had it and sent it right over.

This is where things got interesting and a little surprising. Getting the deed right away seemed like a good sign. Not like some others that had to wait for ATC to request the deed and other hassles. Sounded good initially. When I received the deed the sellers name and address were scratched out.

Finding the deed at the recorders office proved to be a challenge. I finally had to call. Even with the recording number, the person at the recorders office wasn't able to locate it. He put me on hold. When he came back he let me know that the deed is under a court ordered seal related to law enforcement and isn't available.

Fortunatley I haven't signed the contract and am within the 5 days within which I am supposed to pay. Plans are to chat with them to see what's going on with the deed (why scratched out? why not disclosed that the deed is under a court ordered seal?) and then agree to go our seperate ways with no feedback left.

Based on what I've read I'm not sure if it will go that easily and am prepared to have to take up the issue with ebay, but feel very fortunate to have taken the time to do due dilligence afterward (even though it should have been done before) and catch all of this prior to signing or sending money.

Hopefully this is helpful to others.

I was wondering what happened with your eBay timeshare purchase. Did this ever resolve? Good or bad.

Raven5

Reaction score
Buyer Beware Redweek4less, IA Vacations, American Timeshare Company

[Deleted - Duplicate - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven5

Reaction score
Had alot of problems with American Timeshare Company, IA Vacations,redweek4less

[Deleted - duplicate - Denise M Moderator]

Reaction score
Yes - Yes - Yes

I have been waiting for my disbursement money for 4 months. I keep on getting an apology - but they will not tell me when the disbursment will take place.
VERY FRUSTRATING:annoyed:

I Don't Receommend Them As Turn Around Time Is Almost A Year And I No Longer Have My Time Share And Also No Money

they are aweful

lbucher

Reaction score
American Timeshare Closing/Redweek

Seller beware. I listed my Maui property on Redweek.com. Got an offer and was put in contact with American Timeshare Closing. Seemed legit. Far from it. First they supposed received docs NOT signed by my ex husband. We had signed copies but they claimed they got wet. Resent another set. Both times they tried to get us to sign a POA (Power of Attorney). My ex husband refused. This all started May 2009, I have been in contact with the new owner of my property and the property transferred on 9/1/09 but I have yet to get my money. I have hired an attorney and I am filing a complaint with the State Attorney General in Tennessee. If I don't get my $, I will NOT give up. I will sue each and every company, person, etc involved in this SCAM. Why don't these people get real jobs they can take pride in. I don't know how they look their familes in the face and fell good about themselves. If anyone has had any success, please write.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Seller beware. I listed my Maui property on Redweek.com. Got an offer and was put in contact with American Timeshare Closing.

www.redweek.com has no relationship to Redweeks4less - Redweek.com is simply a place where you can post an Ad - they take no part in the sale or purchase of the timeshare. They just provide listing space for a fee.

Who was the actual resale agent/company that bought your timeshare?

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any positive experiences with RedWeeks4less/American Timeshare Closings/ia vacations?

I recently won an ebay auction for a Marriott property, and am thinking strongly of pulling out after reading horrible experiences of others. Has anyone had a good experience buying with this company?? Will I get negative feedback if I pull out? I noticed the company's feedback on ebay is almost 97% positive -- can you fake 517 feedback responses (listed under redweeks4less)?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Per eBay rules, eBay TS auctions are not binding - you can pull out.