• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] How much is a gallon of gas where you live?/Merged

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pittsburgh, PA -- $3.19 -- my signature line doesn't refer to my feelings about this price!!!!!!!!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tidewater VA. Norfolk, VA Bch $3.04 per gal reg gas

Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk range from $3.01 to $3.11 per gal. reg gas

Now tell me why Congress is looking at steriods in baseball; and not the rising cost in gas, the housing market problems, loss of good paying jobs overseas, etc.

Hawaiiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is gas where you are?

$2.88 in Columbus, Ohio on 2/29/08! Live in Cincinnati, Ohio & averages are $3.11 to $3.15 for regular.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We should have a contest to see who can peg the date (this summer) when the price of unleaded hits $4.00/gallon.

Too late. I heard on the radio this morning there is a station in the San Francisco Bay area that is charging $4.23/gallon for regular un-leaded. :eek:

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
2.99 - 3.09 in lower De and will be lower or inline with the mid region of the state until Good friday when the tourists start and then the prices will adjust higher.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
$3.04 around our area southwest of Houston.:bawl:

gary01

TUG Member
Reaction score
$3.59 per gallon this morning at the Chevron stations. And no window washing or checking your oil with that price either.....

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
$3.92 in Kahalui, Maui, yesterday. :annoyed:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Tonight I just noticed that at the station where I filled up Tuesday for $3.07 a gallon, it has gone up to $3.15 a gallon.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080314/ap_on_bi_ge/four_dollar_gas

I still don't understand why Maui and other outer island gas prices are so much higher than they are on Oahu. It costs maybe 7 cents a gallon to transport oil/gas around the world, yet it costs more than 50 cents a gallon to get it that last 100 miles to Maui?

-David

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oil has become a universal money just like gold. If you lay the two overtop of each other on a 2 year graph you will notice a very similar trend.

Oil has not risen as much as people think it has. The US dollar has just fallen so much that it takes more of them to buy the oil, just like gold.

This chart shows that oil and gold has gone up much less for the Europeans. Essentially, the flat line at Zero is the dollar. :eek:

IMO

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every time the Fed lowers the Prime Interest Rate, or adds (PRINTS) more money into the system, the US dollar is further devalued. Thus, when that news is posted, watch the price at the pump increase. There is no free lunch.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Last night $3.06 at Krogers with 3 cents off. This is Southwest of Houston. They dropped their price since Tuesday.

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
$3.30 in Parrish, Florida this morning 3/15

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid $3.39 gal for mid range unleaded in Deerfield Beach, FL, saw that Diesel is $4.09 gal. I don't know how much longer the independent truckers can afford to operate at these prices. Some stations here in the area are charging up to $4.50 gal. for mid range unleaded. They are banking that people will pay it instead of wasting fuel driving around looking for lower prices.

Suzanne

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
$3.17-$3.29 in Houston today. I filled up for $3.19. :(

Here's what I don't understand. The oil comes into the Port of Houston and is processed in Texas City (a Houston suburb). When it is all said and done we (Houstonians) still pay more than many places around the nation. :shrug: