• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone have a Marriott Maui 2012 Mug to sell?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is now in fact one of the platinum gift choices at MOC. They give Marriott Rewards platinum guests a card at check-in where you elect whether you want to receive 500 MR points,a $25 Longboard's discount, a free mug, a discount on a cabana rental or at the spa, etc.

You are probably thinking of the welcome gift they gave to everyone in 2010, which is unrelated to the platinum arrival gift. This is the history of the welcome gifts at MOC: Originally they had a welcome party where they served unlimited snacks and mai tais to everyone. In about 2008 or 2009 they dropped the welcome party and started giving two drink coupons to each party in their welcome packets. In 2010 they changed to a $20 certificate at Longboard's (which could be used for food or drink), and then in 2011 they changed it so you only got the $20 Longboard's certificate if you agreed to attend a sales presentation. Since we were not eligible for a sales presentation this month (we attended in December), we did not get a welcome certificate this time. I assume (but do not know for sure) that they still give these if you agree to attend a sales presentation.

Thanks for the update. I guess it was a $20 cert we had and not a $25 one. We had our certificate go unused from our welcome gift. With a group of four adults, $20 wasn't going to go far at Longboards.

Last edited:

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Where are the Cabanas at MOC? All I know are the rows upon rows of chaise louge chairs?

Cabanas sound like a good thing?

Please advise and thanks!

Greg
Last September they were on the grass facing the ocean on (ocean side of the path) in front of the Lanai pool. It is really a pretty location with the palm trees and grass and much more peaceful than around the main pool.

It was a great place to watch the sunsets, although by then they had collected the cushions.

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cabanas are still in that location-on the grass facing the ocean. The beachwalk is behind them so there aren't many people walking in front.

They are in groups of 2, and not as close to each other as the pool chairs. They are actively monitored by the staff, and all have a reserved sign on them until you rent one. People who just plunked down on one were greeted and asked if they wanted to rent it.

Staff was also bringing cold water to the cabana renters.

Sorry, I cannot remember the price.
Jolene

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thanks for the cabana reminder, I forgot about those things that face the ocean -- that might be worth taking one time!

Best,

Greg

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Thanks for the update. I guess it was a $20 cert we had and not a $25 one. We had our certificate go unused from our welcome gift. With a group of four adults, $20 wasn't going to go far at Longboards.

Doesn't even go too far with only two adults, but then I am not a Longboard's fan.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll accept the challenge, my Painkiller-loving friend.

No disrespect intended to USVI (and you know I love it) -- but Hawaii rocks. :whoopie:

Best,

Greg

Greg,

Just arrived at the Carambola resort in St Croix. We're her for 5 days and then on to St Thomas. The place is pretty awesome an unlike any Marriott I've ever been in. I'll post some pics and a review in a few days on a separate thread.

As for your response to my USVI/Hawaii challenge. I don't think it's fair for you typists to bang out 500 words in 2 minutes when I'm pecking away at about 2 words a minute. Since I don't like losing we'll call it a tie.:rofl:

For the record only hot chicks and sissies drink Painkillers, I'm a G&T guy.

gwhamm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't even go too far with only two adults, but then I am not a Longboard's fan.

I agree with you. I think Longboard's is as much of a overpriced disappointment of a restaurant as any I have ever encountered in our resort travels. I have no intentions of ever dining there again.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

We thought a few of the apps were pretty tasty and during happy hour the price was right. Add a nice setting and we enjoy it at least once a trip.

I'm not sure why but this makes me recall the on-site restaurant that was at the Maui Marriott in 1992 before it was a TS. Does anyone else remember?

We went there on our honeymoon in 1992 and they had this beach side bar and grill that was just fantastic. I remember the happy hours back then to this day.

They had these amazing roast beef sandwichs for $2 and gigantic jumbo shrimp for $.50 each. Chased down with $2 pina coladas. I think we ate there every day.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Greg,

Just arrived at the Carambola resort in St Croix. We're her for 5 days and then on to St Thomas. The place is pretty awesome an unlike any Marriott I've ever been in. I'll post some pics and a review in a few days on a separate thread.

As for your response to my USVI/Hawaii challenge. I don't think it's fair for you typists to bang out 500 words in 2 minutes when I'm pecking away at about 2 words a minute. Since I don't like losing we'll call it a tie.:rofl:

For the record only hot chicks and sissies drink Painkillers, I'm a G&T guy.

I'm glad to hear the Carambola is a good spot, I've seen it on Marriott.com and always wondered. Please do post pictures and a review when you're back online.

Enjoy your stay!

Greg

a1000monkeys

Reaction score
At $35/mug I think Marriott is the one perpetrating theft.

I think the refillable mugs at Aulani are actually a bit more at $36. That's just nutty.

If they could be refilled with top shelf liquor then count me in, otherwise I'll pick up a twelve pack of soda from Safeway for $4.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At $35/mug I think Marriott is the one perpetrating theft.

I think the refillable mugs at Aulani are actually a bit more at $36. That's just nutty.

If they could be refilled with top shelf liquor then count me in, otherwise I'll pick up a twelve pack of soda from Safeway for $4.

After receiving the mug that I bought "resale" I have to agree with you. They made it 16 oz vs the previous 20oz. I would never have bought this at full price.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
We bought a pair of the mugs at Aulani last Sept for ~$17 each. They worked great for getting fresh coffee frequently through each day of our visit. We brought them home and continue to use them frequently in daily life & commute.

I wouldn't have paid $17 for the mug as a simple souvenir ... but figured we likely broke even on them with coffee refills during our stay.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
(I don't get the fascination with Stormalong Bay. It was way too crowded during our late-September stay . . . . )

It was probably too crowded because there were so many non-BCV guests using the pools (after buying those BCV room keys)!

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even at a discount for a family of four, that is three mugs at $25 each, or $75. I could buy at least ten cases of soda at that price. You could also buy enough coffee at the grocery to get you through the week for less than $10.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Costco. We alway purchase several cases of water, soda, and Gatorade. We keep the frig well stocked. Throw several bottles in one of those soft-sided Hawaiian printed portable ice chest from the ABC store and you're set for any outing. We save a bundle and it's super convenient.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Semi-related to this thread - there's a thread on flyertalk where the OP asked about the Plat Arrival Gift for Maui Ocean Club, and I've copied a couple of things from this thread over there. Thought a few of you might want to see it or add to it ...

taterbuns

Reaction score
mugs

Believe me I don't. I always have a big smile on my face when dealing with the anti-Marriott folks because I know what I know and that is our Marriott ownership has been the best thing I ever did for my family so I just chuckle when they try to challenge me on Marriott.

I am looking for 8 mugs. Let me know when you are ready to sell yours. Thanks.
Tracy

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I am looking for 8 mugs. Let me know when you are ready to sell yours. Thanks.
Tracy
Maui Ocean Club mugs sell for quite a high price on eBay. After paying for shipping, eBay really doesn't save you much on these mugs.

You can probably do well by simply buying your mugs while at Maui Ocean Club and then recovering most of the cost by reselling them on eBay after you return home from your vacation. That will likely be our plan this year.

Harr5

Reaction score
[message deleted]

Advertising is prohibited. ... Individual users please note that messages promoting anything for which you may receive some personal gain are considered to be advertising, and are thus prohibited.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbison

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at the Marriott Ocean Club as 2012 changed to 2013. The change of the year brought a change in mugs. By popular demand, this years' mugs are quite a bit larger than in 2012 (looks like 20 oz.)

The mugs can be used for soda, coffee, iced tea, lemonade, and several juices (pineapple and mango-guava are two I remember.) :banana: