• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breckenridge Co resorts

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a late season ski trip to Breckenridge and saw some getaways for the Gold Point Resort and Residences at Main Street Station. Has anyone stayed at either of these recently and could tell me which would be a better choice.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a late season ski trip to Breckenridge and saw some getaways for the Gold Point Resort and Residences at Main Street Station. Has anyone stayed at either of these recently and could tell me which would be a better choice.
I have seen both but haven't stayed at either. Location-wise Main Street Station is much more convenient, walking distance to most things, including shopping, dining and ski slopes.

Last edited:

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
Residences at Main Street Station.
I've stayed here a few times (at least 3). I recently started a thread in the Marriott forum comparing this property with Marriott MountainValley and Marriott Residence Inn.

In summary, I found Residences at Main Street pretty comparable to MountainValley. They share access to the pool and hotel tubs. MountianValley is a smidge closer to the chairlift. I liked Residence's fireplace (even though not wood burning.) But as far as I know Residences doesn't have any other amenities besides gym, hot tub and Marriott's pool. This isn't a deal breaker since there's plenty to do (skiing and exploring the town.) The villas themselves are also pretty comparable but Residence's studio seem smaller, doesn't have a full sofa (two arm chairs) and a smaller table for eating.

I hope this helps and happy to answer more specific questions.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in astudio at the Marriott in BReckenridge but was wonderign what the bed situation is in the 1 bedroom and does the 1 bedroom have 1 or 2 bathrooms.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have stayed in astudio at the Marriott in BReckenridge but was wonderign what the bed situation is in the 1 bedroom and does the 1 bedroom have 1 or 2 bathrooms.
It should have 2 bathrooms, see floorplan.
Screenshot_2024-02-15-21-18-14-26_93425c7abebd90fd98cbb5dd2812e8ce.jpg

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I owned a 1 bedroom week there. It's a King size bed in the bedroom. The living room has two pull-out sofa beds. Off of the bedroom is a bathroom with both a jetted tub and a separate shower, along with a door to separate the toilet (it's a very tight fit in that tiny toilet area FYI). There is another full bathroom with a tub/shower combo off of the living room.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks the floorplan helps. Was hoping there was a murphy bed instead of sofa beds.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
instead of sofa beds
I quite like Marriott's sofa beds. I like firm beds and these have tempurpedic mattresses. I haven't slept on the ones in Breckenridge, but I did in Costa Rica and Orlando.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks the floorplan helps. Was hoping there was a murphy bed instead of sofa beds.
I believe murphy beds are common in some timeshare systems, Worldmark for example, but simply aren't part of Marriott's timeshare brand.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would not stay at Gold Point. Grand Vacations Breck gave up the resort and the new management is terrible. Vacatia doesn't know how to run a timeshare resort, that's for sure.

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
Last year Peak 9 and 10 were closed by April 16 or 17. No ski in/out access at Hyatt/Marriott once that happens. You can ride bus to gondola station to access mountain.